Adios to the 140's and 150's-7

You're on Page 19 of 31
Go to
  • You guys!!! I don't have time to read or post, I'm sorry. I just wanted to say that I hit goal!!!! I'm so excited!
  • Marnia-Congratulations!

Ugh today is going to be a LONG day. The scale is down at least. I can't wait to come home and pass out later tonight
  • Way to go, Maria!!!! How exciting that must be. Congratulations.

Yay for the scale being down, Dot!!!

Nothing new here, still up in TOM weight, grr but I'm still hanging on here with food and exercise so scale should eventually show that!

I tried making something new the other day from lvnfit (some lady, Tanya, she lost 134lbs and shares her exercise tips as well as meals/treats. Anyway, she made this white chocolate coconut mini-cups. I did it a bit different than hers since I did not have macadamia nuts on hand, I also added toasted coconut to it. It was very rich!

All you do is measure out 6-8 servings (14g each) worth of white chocolate chips, 1 tbsp coconut oil, and melt that in the microwave until all blended. Get 6-8 mini paper liners then divvy up 1-1.5 oz of nuts in each liner then using a tablespoon, put all in liner.

I used pecans and 1 serving's worth of sweetened coconut flakes. One mini cup was really too much, so very rich. I'd divvy it up in 16 servings instead of 8. I also made dark chocolate almond cups with a bit of caramel on top using semi-sweet chips, toasted almonds and caramel syrup. Next time I'd put the caramel in the middle instead of on top.

My next project will be homemade Reese cups with milk chocolate chips (maybe half semi sweet and half milk chocolate chips), and pb2 mixed with marshmallow creme. I'm definitely gonna make a very small batch in case it turns out to be toooo awesome, haha.

Have a great day, all!
  • Congrats Marnia!
    Dottington, I definitely know that feel. Auto claims in New England in winter is NOT fun, so pretty much every day I come home, grab the closest stuffed dog and curl in the fetal position on the couch for half an hour before trying to convince myself to do something productive. And scales being down are always a plus.
    amandie, those sound awesome. I have to not have sweets in the apartment for the moment because my bf has a sweet tooth and...well, moderation isn't his strong point. He has a Navy PRT next month and has it firmly in his head that he's going to fail the weigh-in and lose his orders even though I'm positive that he's in no danger of that happening. He's put himself on some diet that his mom suggested that has him morosely eating vegetables and making sad puppy eyes toward anything not vegetable-like every night. I may be mean, but not mean enough to make something that tasty-sounding and leave it around where he could drool at the thought of it.

I don't have anything much to contribute. I used up the last of my brain power dealing with an impossible customer at the end of the day. Sooo glad that it's almost the weekend...
  • Amandie-Oh those sound so good! And the homemade reeses idea sounds so yummy too! I'm not sure I have the will power to make something so good and not end up eating them all! haha

Hotaruchan-Yeah, that job sounds no fun at all…I hope you're able to have some fun and refresh this weekend before going back!

Scale down again a teensy bit today. 143.2. Really hoping to hit 142 this month I'm leaving for LA tonight to see my boyfriend, but have to come back Sunday for a concert which is super lame :/
    I signed up for my fall classes and I'll be taking History of Opera, all my usual lessons and performing classes, organ lessons, Women and Witchcraft in America(omg this should be so interesting!), and personal fitness. I'm not sure what personal fitness is….? I figure it will force me to exercise twice a week though and get credit for it so that's good I guess
    I'm doing good with not cheating. I had a talk with my boyfriend about needing him to be more supportive and not encouraging me to indulge constantly over the weekend. He was a little bummed but understood.

Have a great weekend!
  • Hello! Long story short - got down to 142, went on holiday, went back to 145, stayed at 144 - 145 all week.

From next week though I'm going to try and be really strict about taking regular measurements and progress pictures. I can't judge my own development but people have told me I look like I've lost weight, even though I've been the same for the past 5 years at least.

I've been terrible at keeping up with 3FC, food logging, so I'm really going to try hard to keep up to date now and break this cycle of laziness!
  • Themilesawaygirl- You can do it!!!

Busy weekend- I watched a kickboxing and MMA fight on Friday night, had 1 beer too many then yesterday, I went to a wine gathering and had half of a bottle shared with my sister of cranberry wine (very delicious and I normally do not like red!) Back to it today!

Not much is new, weight is the same somewhat but definitely lower than last week's so that's a plus. I gotta get back to finishing my study guide for Sociology and homework for math, wheeee!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.
  • Thanks guys!!! Today I made it into the 140's. I remember seeing signatures of people who weighed so little and thinking that I'd never make it. I can't believe I did!

Dottington Your classes sound so interesting! It's great that your boyfriend is supportive. It's two days a week, he can handle changing his diet for two days. But I guess finally getting to see your girlfriend and having to eat diet food with her doesn't sound like a lot of fun, does it?

themilesawaygirl welcome and good luck! Just go through the motions for a few days and you'll get into it.

Amandie Good job on losing weight. Don't even mention homework. I've been sitting around doing nothing for too long and soon I'll have to go back to school. I hate the thought of it. =/

I (probably) have 20 lbs until goal. Ideally, I'd like to lose them before May 30th but I'm afraid that my weight loss will slow down and I'll quit again. I'm thinking about planning for some cheat days or starting calorie cycling. I've also been thinking about JUDDD. I know that I can handle the low day. But right now I'm just winging it and it seems to work and if it ain't broke...
  • Lol, Maria, my bad! I'll not speak of youknowwhat again. I am a total procrastinator. I put almost everything off until the last minute. I do better under pressure. 140s! How exciting! I can't wait to be where you are. Good luck on the last 20 or less pounds. You can do it!

Feeling a but guilty for not working out on Saturday or yesterday but I needed the rest and so did my knees. I will be doing the workouts on easier settings, less stress on the knee and going a bit longer too. Time to step it up!!!!

Okay, I gotta get ready for school this am. Have a great day, all!!!!
  • I'm the same. And not just with school. I just had to translate a speech. It lasts 45 minutes and the speaker is Nigerian, so his accent and some of the words he used, gave me a lot of trouble. It took me one month to transcribe the part where a Greek guy introduced him and one day to transcribe and translate everything the Nigerian said.
  • Wow! That sounds really difficult but interesting.
  • Themilesawaygirl-Why don't you try logging your foods everyday and logging on here everyday as a start? Not even worrying about making major changes but just slowly easing yourself into it? I know when I get off, getting back on the wagon is hard so I start with baby steps. You got this!

Marnia-Congrats on getting into the 40s Translating sounds very interesting! Is that what you do for a living?

Amandie-ugh homework I'm counting down the papers till I'm done with my semester-only 4 papers to go! I think resting your knees was a good idea, don't want to get any major injuries. Have a great Monday!

So did super well this weekend! I talked with my bf and he was a little whiney, but in the end understood. He really just loves junk food. He only likes healthy food if I cook it bc I take the time to make it taste good. The thing is, he's always been really skinny. He's still in the lower-mid end of a healthy bmi but he's been gaining some weight at his new job. He's stopped working out completely too(unless he goes walking/hiking with me). I couldn't believe this weekend hearing him out of breath while walking up a hill! He's trying to get back in shape again and lose some of the weight he's put on and I think that's why he's more open to me not cheating on the weekends
    I managed to stay around my target calories Fri and Sunday. Sat I was over, but it wasn't a cheat day-just a cheat snack. Plus I was super active so I don't feel too bad Weight is up to 145 today, but I know its bc even though I stayed within calories the last few days I ate a lot of sodium. So by Friday it should all be flushed out!

Happy Monday!
  • Yeah, it is interesting. It was a guy from UNAIDS talking about HIV awareness, about the rights of people who are infected, and other things. It was a great speech.

I translate for free right now. I'm still in college. I'll graduate this September and then I'll get a Masters in translation. I'll be able to teach english, german, italian and spanish and, of course, translate. My dad raises cattle. He's 62 and he'll have to retire in a few years. My brother and I would get 50 each. We'd sell them and become self-employed together, since he was also going to get a Masters in translation. But now he's dead and I'll get all of them. I don't think I'll have the heart to sell them, especially not while my dad is alive. So, I have no idea what I'll do.
  • Hi everyone,
    I JUST got into the 150s! This morning, I weighed 159.4!
    I'm looking forward to getting back to my college weight in the 140s AND potentially being the skinniest (and healthiest!) that I've ever been.

I've been just super stressed with school this week; I have a lot on my plate between my thesis, conferences, a group that I'm part of and trying to tutor for extra cash. On the plus side, I've been so stressed that I've been losing weight since I've been too busy to snack on junk food. =P
  • lucrezia- Congrats on breaking into the 150s

Marniadec-That's amazing! You must have a real gift for languages I'm so sorry about your brother I can't even imagine how hard that must be. Could you maybe sell the cattle to a friend so you can still see them and know they're being taken care of but also use the money to help with your career? Either way, I'm sure you'll figure it out

Finally started my strength training plan yesterday. Ugh I'm sooo sore. I wanted your guys advice on something…..my school has a gym and I've been wanting to check it out but am too chicken! I see the people that go there-super fit jocks and cheerleaders and I'm afraid people will look at me funny. I know its such a stupid fear, but any advice on how to get over it???

Well naturally my weight is up from the exercise I was totally expecting it though so I'm not too freaked out. My calories have been good! Tonight I'm planning on making enchilada casserole. I'm having a friend come stay the night so I want to make something yummy

Have a great day everyone!