3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Adios to the 140's and 150's-7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/281927-adios-140s-150s-7-a.html)

merrilymemory 09-25-2013 08:26 AM

I got on the scale this morning, and I am finally seeing the 140s! 149.2 to be exact but it's only going to get better from here on out!

dehtripper 09-25-2013 12:40 PM

Yay!!! Congrats Merrily :) I love seeing new decades.

Today I weighed myself for the first time since returning from my fieldwork and somehow I only gained 1.2 pounds (146.4). I was just hoping to not be in the 150s again because I ate like a lumberjack and drank like a fish the whole time. It makes me excited to see how much I will be able to eat when I'm in maintenance.

merrilymemory 09-25-2013 06:33 PM

dehtripper, that's really good! You will be there before you know it.

curlyfroyo 09-28-2013 01:55 PM

i am still trying to say goodbye to the 140s :( it just wont let me go lol

alexis85 09-30-2013 06:57 PM

Wow, lots of ladies are getting close! I haven't posted in a couple of weeks, but I'm down to around 146 now. I'm trying the "Fast Diet" because I get bored doing straight calorie restriction, and I feel deprived in a big way. So far I like only having to worry about calories two days out of the week; it feels very liberating to have seconds of something at dinner without worrying about going over my cals for the day!

dehtripper 10-01-2013 07:41 AM

This is the first time since I've started loosing weight that I've really stalled. I can't all it a plateau because I know exactly why I'm not loosing like before - because I'm allowing myself much more leniency and eating more. Before I hit the 140s/65lbs lost I really didn't have any off-plan days to speak of, but I think my brain just wants a break from being so strict. And summer is hard to be strict with constant reason to celebrate (its sunny??!? lets have fun!!). Furthermore, I feel so much more comfortable at this size theres less of an urgency to loose more. Anyhow, that's my moment of reflection before my weigh in day tomorrow.

kisskiss 10-04-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dehtripper (Post 4852415)
This is the first time since I've started loosing weight that I've really stalled. I can't all it a plateau because I know exactly why I'm not loosing like before - because I'm allowing myself much more leniency and eating more. Before I hit the 140s/65lbs lost I really didn't have any off-plan days to speak of, but I think my brain just wants a break from being so strict. And summer is hard to be strict with constant reason to celebrate (its sunny??!? lets have fun!!). Furthermore, I feel so much more comfortable at this size theres less of an urgency to loose more. Anyhow, that's my moment of reflection before my weigh in day tomorrow.

ugh I can echo most of what you're saying. I used to be sooooo strict, and most days I still am but I definitely have more leniancy than when I was 200+. I am also pretty comfortable with my size (6!!) that it just seems so hard to lose those final 5-10 pounds. anyway good luck!!

skittlesfirehawk 10-20-2013 10:23 AM

156 almost half way out of the 150's

yogaandcoffee 10-21-2013 06:27 PM

Hi! Just joining this site and this is my first post. Since January of 2013 I've gained 15 pounds (weight gain started when I started taking lexapro for my anxiety - anxiety gone for the most part, but am now depressed by the weight gain). Am currently 148 which is a lot for my frame and none of my pants fit me. Would love to get out of the 140s in time to go to Mexico for the holiday (very end of December). Any support would be much appreciated!!!

souvenirdarling 10-21-2013 11:00 PM

Congrats merrily! I don't have a digital scale, so my scale being at 150 kind of drives me bonkers ;)

Dottington 01-07-2014 04:41 PM

Wow! Its been wayyy too long since I posted here :o I got so busy with school last semester and wasn't as active on the site.

Anyways I'm still trying to get out of the 140s :dizzy: I managed to get to 145 and have bounced around from there for the past two months. I'm really trying now to break past the 145 mark and finally get into the 30s! I'm only about 20lbs away from my goal, but I know it will be the hardest 20lbs to lose yet so I'm giving myself a year to lose it :) Its so slow and I have had to drop my calories down a lot to even get a tiny bit of movement on the scale. Also I noticed before I could get away with cheating a lot more, but not now! One day off screws me up for an entire week now and its just not worth it most of the time.

I recently discovered I'm gluten sensitive and that along with my worsening lactose intolerance and has made me really change up my eating habits the past couple weeks. So far I'm feeling so much better and all the bloating is gone! Also haven't had cravings like I used to. I'm really enjoying the way I'm feeling and have been really on point with my eating. I also started exercising again, but my time is so limited during school, so even 15min is a victory for me.

So anyone else stuck in the 40s or 50s and looking to get out?

Dottington 01-08-2014 02:49 PM

Well, still not experiencing really intense cravings or much hunger at all really. I was talking to my boyfriend last night saying how I can't believe how much my appetite has decreased since going GF. I tried doing some research on it and found that for a small group of people going GF does result in decreased appetite(it seems most people experience increased appetite so I'm glad I'm not experiencing that!). Some say it lasts a few weeks and is a cyclic thing others say its been permanent. I'm not complaining at all ;)

Scale still in bounce around area of 144-147. So glad all the bloating is gone though! I just seriously need to get out of this stupid area. I'm soooo close to the 30s, which actually is kind of mind boggling when I think about it since I still can't believe I've lost so much weight. It just, doesn't feel totally real. Anyone else experience that?

I've had the flu so I'm not back to exercising again yet :p

Dottington 01-10-2014 02:25 AM

So anyone else stuck in the 40s or 50s???? These two decades have by far been the hardest for me.

Doing really well with eating. GF is going well and I'm still not having super strong cravings. I haven't been exercising though because I've been a little sick still :( Hopefully I'll feel better by the time school starts monday:dizzy:

So even though the scale isn't budging, my clothes are getting bigger. I desperately need a new pair of jeans because mine are completely falling off me :/ Basically all my pants are too big. Most of my skirts too. I REALLY need new clothes....bleh I need to hit up thrift stores, maybe if I have time I'll do that this weekend.

How do you deal with clothes getting too big? Anyone else frequent thrift stores?

lulubellebc 01-10-2014 01:26 PM

Reboot time! Got to goal and regained :( Back here to get it off again! Will soon be joining this thread :)

Dottington 01-10-2014 11:09 PM

Hey lulubellebc! You got it off before so you know you can do it again! :D

Blah I've been so tired lately :( I don't know what's wrong....I've been so unproductive because of it sigh

Anyways scale was down 1.4lbs today from where I was holding steady(146.6) I'm really hoping next week to finally break out of this 144.8-147lb purgatory ;)

Clothes still bigger though! Down a notch in my belt that last year didn't even fit.