Old 04-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #1  
Wannabe Hot Momma

S/C/G: 274/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Sometimes I just hate me

So, last year in November I had lost some weight and felt pretty good. I decided to maintain over the holidays as I knew the temptation would be too great for me to resist. Not only did I maintain but even lost additional pounds through February. I had intended to start my weight loss the day after Christmas. It snowed that day and we took our son outside to play in the snow for the first time. I then spent my day putting my sons new toys together(as his father is lazy), taking decorations down, cleaning up, etc. By the end of the night I knew I had been feeling a little off all day but it got worse right before bed. I ignored it and just said I was probably tired from moving around all day. Hahahaha Nope!

Turns out it was Tracheo-bronchitis, and it stuck around for almost 2 months. During that time I maintained, luckily. Right after the bronchitis died down, I got sick again. 3 weeks ago is when I finally stopped getting sick. My only problem is allergies but that is manageable and not worth complaining over.

Unfortunately, the depression over being sick sent me on an eating binge, and now I am back to 3 pounds under my starting weight. I am so angry at myself. I know I want to lose the weight, and feel better, as I can't breathe. It's like I can't remember how to begin. That spark and determination that I had when I began has died down because I feel so ashamed. I get annoyed at myself because I feel whiny. I am going to start again, today, but I need support, which is why I am back.

Thanks everyone for reading my rant. If you have advice I would love to hear it. If you reached your goal while I was gone, I am sorry I wasn't here to congratulate you and send you congratulations now.
rinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/197/140

Height: 5'3''

Oh I know all about that! I've been beaten down by illness before and not been able to lose weight during. It's awful. I just got hit twice with flues.

Anyway, think about this, you're still UNDER your starting weight! So that's a whole 3 pounds you don't have to worry about!

And you just have to stick to it. Don't make it a chore, it's an exciting life change! Be happy about it! Smile at every little success you have!
Jesserz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

Also, this doesn't always hold true, but sometimes when you rapidly put weight back on, if you do a quick 180 and start sticking to your diet, it drops off a lot faster than it would usually. I know no science behind this, but it's happened to me a number of times when I slipped up!

So I'd stay start eating healthily and see if you don't surprise yourself in a couple weeks!
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

what my2cats said.

hang in there! it happens to each and every one of us. you just gotta find that motivation again! also, i know what you mean about being so angry at your body crapping on you like that... last year, i had 2 months where i did got a bladder infection (which caused me huge back pain), followed by a tonsilitis, followed by a nasty cold! i was like "wtf did i do to deserve this???" honestly, it was one of the things that got me trying to get healthy... and then about a month later i was sick again and i just felt so bad cuz i was like "i'm healthy now!! how come i'm still getting sick?!?". well, sometimes sh!t just happens...

if you can't find that spart of determination again, try to start small. cut soda, cut junk if you can. start eating more veggies. try to exercise a bit. go on walks. and come here for motivation

good luck!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

First of all...

Please don't beat yourself up about this. I know it sucks to regain weight (trust me!), but you were sick for a long time, which was not under your control. I know when I'm sick, even for a week, I tend to lose all motivation to stick with a diet plan. You can forget about exercise! You're not a bad person for reacting the way you did. All you can do now is look forward and take it one meal at a time. Post on here and read other threads for motivation to get back into it. I think once you start seeing results again you will find the motivation you lack!
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #6  
Wannabe Hot Momma

Hey, sorry for taking a bit to post again. I have an almost 2 year old haha. I ate breakfast and decided today to start drinking a lot of green tea, which dries my mouth out so I have to drink lots of water. It also makes me less hungry. I think I will do this for a few days, while eating a lot of fruit/veggies, before I attempt exercise again. I am going with my boyfriend's family to their lakehouse in a few weeks and I'm hoping to drop at least 10 pounds by then, as I am always the fattest person there. Everyone else is thin. It makes me embarrassed and self conscious.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I will be here more often, probably with more positive things to say. I had a good cry yesterday so I feel a bit refreshed. Sometimes ya just gotta let it out!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #7  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinsmommy View Post
So, last year in November I had lost some weight and felt pretty good. I decided to maintain over the holidays as I knew the temptation would be too great for me to resist. Not only did I maintain but even lost additional pounds through February. I had intended to start my weight loss the day after Christmas. It snowed that day and we took our son outside to play in the snow for the first time. I then spent my day putting my sons new toys together(as his father is lazy), taking decorations down, cleaning up, etc. By the end of the night I knew I had been feeling a little off all day but it got worse right before bed. I ignored it and just said I was probably tired from moving around all day. Hahahaha Nope!

Turns out it was Tracheo-bronchitis, and it stuck around for almost 2 months. During that time I maintained, luckily. Right after the bronchitis died down, I got sick again. 3 weeks ago is when I finally stopped getting sick. My only problem is allergies but that is manageable and not worth complaining over.

Unfortunately, the depression over being sick sent me on an eating binge, and now I am back to 3 pounds under my starting weight. I am so angry at myself. I know I want to lose the weight, and feel better, as I can't breathe. It's like I can't remember how to begin. That spark and determination that I had when I began has died down because I feel so ashamed. I get annoyed at myself because I feel whiny. I am going to start again, today, but I need support, which is why I am back.

Thanks everyone for reading my rant. If you have advice I would love to hear it. If you reached your goal while I was gone, I am sorry I wasn't here to congratulate you and send you congratulations now.
how hard breaking to read your post . I think you have made the 1st step by posting in the forum....you identified the problem ....that is a Major component in getting on the right path. Sweetie we all have fallen ...if not we would not be here .We only learn by our mistakes ....not by are successes .Give yourself the same compassion that you would afford others here on the boards.
I believe you will be able to get back on track....you just have to get your head into again. Stop with the Negative messages to yourself and replace it with positive affirmation ...it will really help you. Focus on your goals that you want to achieve and then just start chipping away at the weight.
Develop a Mantra that you say to yourself! Mine is you've got this, I got your back.
We are here whenever you want an ear or some help! Please never stop fighting for yourself ....you are too important

I will be looking forward to following your progress,
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #8  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Agree with stop being so negative towards yourself! I cannot imagine being sick like that let alone with an almost 2 year old? Oy! I'm glad you are feeling mostly better. You have taken the first step towards getting back on the wagon by coming back here and post.

You have done it before and you CAN do it again!!! I believe in you. Just take baby steps as others have suggested to slowly ease back into your groove.

Looking forward to seeing more of you around here!! BACK!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #9  
Wannabe Hot Momma

So I weighed myself today and just ended my TOM. I have been sticking to my calories and have been under, drank nothing but water and green tea, been a little more active, and haven't lost anything. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?