Old 04-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Default Dreaming about food

I know there's nothing, really, I can do about it, I just have to vent, because I'm so annoyed with myself right now. Every single night since I started this stupid diet...or, well, like two days in, I have intense and vivid dreams about food that I cant eat. I don't have too many craving problems while I'm awake, but at night it's like my subconscious likes to turture me and I wake up feeling either sick, or with horrible cravings. I'm SO annoyed, why can't I just have a normal dream for once? Dancing bacon, runaway hot dog carts, or last night I think I downed a whole thing of syrup and gained 10 pounds. All I can hope is as this diet becomes less of a conscious effort during the day it'll stop ruining my nights, because I swear this is going to be my downfall!
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #2  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Are you a sleep walker? You could be eating in your sleep!

But seriously, I bet they'll stop once you get into a pretty good routine & don't have to spend as much effort thinking about it.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Are you eating foods that you like and that satisfy you? I don't know what plan you're on, but there are a lot of alternatives (organic, low sodium, nitrate free, low calorie, etc) that may help.

Like...while you may not be able to eat footlong cart hot dog comfortably, you may be able to find an adequate replacement that doesn't leave you dreaming of them!

Center cut bacon is lower in fat and calories than "regular" bacon, but there is also turkey bacon, and both are about 35 calories per slice, compared to 50ish in the typical diner bacon slice.

Maybe it's time to change up your recipes so you're getting the flavors that you want without going off plan.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

I do that sometimes. It's usually about chips and hot cheetos lol They seem so real and they scare me and I wake wake up feeling like I screwed up my dieted that last night... but then I realize it was just a dream. THANK GOD! They eventually go away in my personal experience.

Last edited by wolfgirl69; 04-24-2013 at 11:24 AM.
wolfgirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #5  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I had dreams like that too, especially in the beginning. I dreamed I ate an entire pan of brownies, and then felt HORRIBLE regret. When I woke up, I was so relieved that it was only a dream and that I didn't ruin all of my hard work!
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

I have dreams about food sometimes. One I vividly remember is that I was at McDonalds and I couldn't decide what flavor shake to get, so I got 2 shakes! Another was that my weight loss coach caught me eating a hotdog!

I hate them! They feel like real life and it juts makes me feel shitty when I wake up. I actually feel guilty about my dreams!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Glad to know I'm not the only one! Last night it was all about Chocolate, thank goodness when I woke up I could have a chocolate shake for breakfast, it was heavenly! I'm on Medifast which is pretty strict as far as what I can eat...I did pick me up some turkey bacon today though, because bacon is one thing that I know I miss. but one would think if I was truly missing out on that stuff Id be thinking about it in my waking hours! I actually DO sleepwalk, which kinda freaked me out LOL. I've never scrounged the kitchen in my sleep before though

They do feel like real life, a dieters version of a nightmare...because I'm working so hard, if I screw it up in my sleep... It always takes me a long time to wake up properly, so I end up freaking out for the first 20 minutes of my morning...until I hop on the scale.
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #8  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

I had those dreams in the beginning and they were pretty intense. I dream about food less and less now though. I used to wake up scared that I'd gone off my diet but after I realized it was a dream...I felt great. I love having those dreams. I get to eat whatever I'm craving and wake up without having done any damage!

It does go to show how wrapped up we are in our food though. I think it's pretty normal to have these dreams...especially when you've made such a drastic change.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote