Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 242/210.5/110

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowstripe View Post
Oh yeah, so many stories. One that was a complete turning point for me was a taxi driver, who I was paying to take me home, telling me that I'd be so much prettier if I wasn't so fat. "You have such a pretty face but you are let down by your body" - something along those lines. Aside from the fact that it was a dig at my weight, it was also INCREDIBLY inappropriate for a taxi driver to be saying that to me - I felt very uncomfortable, I actually wanted to get out of the taxi since I was alone, but it was a short ride so I just let it be.
I have a similar story. A taxi driver asked me my age, when I told him he said I looked younger on account of my chubby face. Then he said I would look better and more my actual age if I lost weight. WTF?!
Oh, the best part? He asked me for my phone #.
alliecat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #47  
Sweat Is Fat Crying

S/C/G: 332/259.0/210

Height: 6' 4.5"

Wow i thought this thing used to only happen to me. I've had countless times when i was insulted by strangers.

I remember one time i was 10 and was at a Mc Donalds with my mother. I went to go to the toilet and just as i was after walking in there was a guy about 28-29 and he says and i quote "get out of the way fatty...mini sumo". I got really upset and scared because here was this man threatening a kid and insulting me about my weight...who does that??? I'll never forget it.

Another time i was about 13 and i was on a football team (soccer) well i was no.3 and there was a good few peope at the game watching us. Well i'm walking onto the pitch and someone from the other team shouts out loud " haha no.3 is fat!!" infront of everyone... i didn't know where to turn or what to do. I just wanted the ground to swallow me up that day.

Oh another time in school i was 11 and i used to cycle to school and there was a part of the school where you parked up your bike and tied it. Well it was a normal day cycled to school, parked up the bike all that and i went on with my day. At the end of the school day i'm going around the corner and someone had gotten black permenant marker and wrote my name along with other thing like "is a fat c***" "is a big fat b*******" and other things all over the bike. I couldn't handle it and i started bawling my eyes out and had to cycle home with all the writing on the bike crying all the way to my front door. I had no enemies and i couldn't understand why someone would go through so much trouble just to upset someone else.

Rough times...i've gotten over them a looooong time ago. Ever since i turned 15 even tho i was very big i never got any touble from then on.

I do really feel sorry for these people now.

Last edited by IrishLad91; 04-01-2013 at 05:34 PM.
IrishLad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I gained like 15lbs in HS when I was 14 - (I still think that was the worst year of my life, fat, pimples all over my face, just very awful time) I was in my home country at the time and we were in English class... One of the "mean girls" said at loud (in English) Cielo is Fat! I felt so bad that I didn't even want to go to school... Next summer I lost all the weight but I still felt like the fat girl (even when I was normal size)
During my adult years, please are the meanest when you are pregnant, they don't mind tell you that you are getting just too fat and that you are supposed to eat for 2 and not 3 or 4 lol.

Now, after almost 15 years or dealing with weight I just don't give a crap. If anybody tells me something I just tell them " My husband doesn't seem to mind, we still have sex every other day, how about you???" Lol or another stupid mean reply....
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Can think of at least 20 such episodes happening to me........

Just yesterday I was on one of the treadmill in the gym...all of the treadmills were occupied when these 2 guys come in. One of them points at me and says to the other "looks like she wont be on it for long"..i felt so humiliated!!

Some people are insensitive jerks who think they have a hall pass to pass comments on heavy people..really disgusting!!
appyfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 242/219/140

Height: 5'10"

Reading some of these comments are so disheartening!

I feel like heavier people get joked about a lot. Everyone should know how hurtful it is, yet it still continues. Even in a ton of TV shows, there is usually a heavier character that gets made fun of. It makes me feel so bad and awkward.

I remember in 2nd grade when I was eating turkey and a boy in my grade called me fat and laughed with his buddies. I think that was the first time I had any self-awareness and it made me feel like utter crap. Looking back at my 2nd grad stats, I was one of the tallest in my class, but I was NOT even close to overweight. Still, I remember his name to this day and I remember him and his friends laughing at me. I went home and cried that day.

In middle school and high school I was diagnosed with bulimia, and I was about average weight at the time.

Fast forward to college, where drinking and partying was involved. I gained A LOT of weight, but nobody really said anything about it except my grandmother. I remember getting out of a taxi on the way to a club with a bunch of friends and a guy blurted out, "Big girl coming through!" They all laughed and I felt so depressed and ashamed. I was so ready to have fun clubbing that night and it only took 4 words for my whole weekend to be ruined. Ugh... if only these people knew how hurtful they were
BreakingUpWith90lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 214/197/140

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aether View Post
My Grandma actually offered me 500 Euros if I lost 50 pounds in 6 months.
That was the moment I actually stopped admiring her...
My grandmother did the same thing to me when I was a kid! And I was horrified! Then, a few years later, when I did drop the weight all on my own, she said I was too skinny. There was no winning with that woman.

Reading all these stories...I can hardly believe people are capable of such cruelty! That your significant others and random people would be so cruel! Only once in my life have I had anyone mention my weight that I actually heard. And it was when I was in the 4th or 5th grade and I got my shoe caught on some cardboard while climbing into a cardboard castle for a project and someone said "She's not going to fit, she's too fat."

I think I never had anything else mentioned to me because I'm too terrified to let it happen. I mean, I've been at the point basically where I will let anyone walk all over with me and do whatever they want just so that they won't get in a fight with me and have the opportunity to call me fat. I sacrifice my own happiness daily for the sake of others so they'll be satisfied and only say nice things about me.

Wow...that's pretty stupid huh?
Jesserz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #52  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

I've also had several throughout the years. But I remember about a year and a half ago, we were at a friends house (a bunch of us). And I'm a strong girl, always had the 'girls afraid of me' thing which I don't like. At any rate had a few drinks and all the guys arm wrestle. I got asked to arm wrestle one of our fiends (whose 30, a male and probably 5'5.) which I had plenty of times and I've beaten him a couple times. Was in the middle of it and neither of us were winning and he said 'I need to beat this fat b!tch'. With my right arm still held in position, I slapped him as hard as I could across the face with my left hand. He flung back and was all 'wtf'. I know he didn't mean it the way it came out, as we are pretty good friends. And he apologized a MILLION times the rest of the evening. But that's when I thought, if he's ballsy enough to say that to me in a drunken slur, then what do the lot of them say behind my back? It angered me but fuelled my fire enough to start a healthy lifestyle. Mind you it's taken until a few months ago to start. That night gave me an unexpected boost of confidence knowing that despite my weight, I'm a confident woman. And I wouldn't take crap from anyone. Friend or foe.
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #53  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

It's unbelievable how rude and obnoxious people can be....
I've had my share of comments thrown in my face. Many of them were when I was a kid, but there has been a few as I've gotten older as well....

In the 9th grade I had a crush on a bad-boy in my class. He picked a lot on me in front of others, called me fat and gross and disgusting...That hurt a lot. But if I was so awful and disgusting, how come we ended up being FWB for a couple of years?? I guess he just wanted to show off in front of the other guys, because they were already picking on me so it was easy for him to do so as well. He stopped once our "thing" started...

When I was 20 I was out celebrating a friend's birthday. I was pretty drunk when we were on our way to the bar, and a car full of boys drove by us, obviously wanting our attention as they made a lot of noise.. I shouted something I don't remember, one of them shouted back that I should just shut up, because I was too fat and ugly.

My MIL...She has made some comments. I know she means well, but I don't think she realizes that what she says sometimes can be very hurtful. It's just that she (and the rest of that family) is very honest and outspoken, and forgets that some people aren't used to that.
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 162.6/142.2/125

Height: 5'6"

I have been thin my entire life. Your childhood stories are heartbreaking!

In May of 2011, my boyfriend and I were laying in bed cuddling. He had his arm around my waist and asked me if I was gaining weight. I was mortified. And became very self conscious. I was putting on a little weight, but my clothes still fit.

In July of 2011, I was laying out in my yard, in my bikini and my dad pulled in. He got out of his car and said, "Damn, you're really getting HEFTY."

Fast forward to now and having gained about 40 pounds, my self esteem has plummeted. I feel horrible. My dad was staring at me and finally said to me about 2 weeks ago, "You're really... uh... filling out those pants." In a room full of people. His wife told him that was a terrible thing to say. Dad said, "Well, she is!" They proceeded to have an argument about it, while I was standing right there. Humiliating.

I searched out 3FC that very day.
kellelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #55  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesserz View Post
I think I never had anything else mentioned to me because I'm too terrified to let it happen. I mean, I've been at the point basically where I will let anyone walk all over with me and do whatever they want just so that they won't get in a fight with me and have the opportunity to call me fat. I sacrifice my own happiness daily for the sake of others so they'll be satisfied and only say nice things about me.

Wow...that's pretty stupid huh?
No, not stupid at all. I'm the same way. It has crippled my life. I hate being this way.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:44 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 375/190

Height: 5'11

When I was in junior high school and high school I had the normal crushes any girls that age had. I was fat and that in itself was hard. However, when I finally built up the courage to tell these boys I liked them (I even went as far as making a mix cd for one) they all had the lamest excuses. The one that hurt was "Ummm I have a girlfriend... She doesn't go to this school, her name is Mildred... I mean Matilda." Really? You lie and make up names that no one out age have? The others just acted like it never happened. They all looked at me with disgust. You know how much courage that took?? Be nice back to me you jerks!

Another one was a guy I dated. I was 17... He was 21. That was a bad idea anyway but that's besides the point. He never came to see me and when he did all he ever wanted to do was try to get in my pants. I invited him to my graduation and he stood me up :'( I was never going to graduate high school again and I wanted him to share that day with me. He then all of a sudden stops talking to me. Then I text to see what's going on and I said I wasn't giving up without an answer. How conveniently he "let his brother borrow his phone for a couple weeks" then proceeds to say (as his brother) "this isn't Daniel but I'll let him know the crazy psycho b**** blew up the phone." I was vulnerable! My first real boyfriend! Someone who wanted me! He texted me a few months later "what happened babe? I miss you" ..... Then the same week on MySpace he called me a "Fat **** B****" because I was German and he was mad I kept my legs closed.
Chelle0928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:23 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 214/197/140

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellelm View Post
In July of 2011, I was laying out in my yard, in my bikini and my dad pulled in. He got out of his car and said, "Damn, you're really getting HEFTY."
I too have had my dad say things like that. Back when I was much thinner, I was wearing a pair of really cute jeans and I remember him saying "Those jeans really make your thighs look big." Broke my heart. And, I don't know about for you, but for me and my dad it's like he's genuinely trying to help me with these comments but it's not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
No, not stupid at all. I'm the same way. It has crippled my life. I hate being this way.
I'm sad to see I'm not alone really. Why do we do this to ourselves? It just makes me miserable you know? Makes me favour being alone.
Jesserz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

This thread is so heartbreaking. The moment I knew I wanted to lose weight was when I stepped on the scale (after a couple of years of avoidance/denial) and seeing that I weighed more than my 320 lb boyfriend.

A couple of the mean things that stick out in my head

- Being wished a happy and healthy pregnancy when not pregnant

- Being called a "fat greasy slob" by an ex-friend during an argument

- One time when I was a teen my parents ordered pizza, I was just going to grab some like everyone else and my brother told me that he was really worried about the way I was letting myself go, and that I'd be 300 lbs by the time I was 20. I put the pizza back and didn't want to eat for days!

- I was asked to be the maid of honor in my ex (thank god) sister in laws wedding. My dress was ordered online and when it came in, it didn't come close to fitting. The seamstress ripped the zipper out and put in a whole corset panel in the back. It was very fitted but it wasn't too tight. The night before the wedding I was told I was no longer the maid of honor because she wanted to keep me and my fiance (the grooms brother) together and they decided they were going to have the grooms best friend be the best man. (so they demoted both of us, nice right?) So then the next day mother in law lets it slip that the real reason we were demoted was because they didn't think I could bend down to fluff her dress without busting through mine. And this was said in front of my fiance. I know he loves me and he knows what I look like, but I'm even more mortified when these kinds of things happen or are said in front of him. People really are cruel.
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

Oh! and a girl who had always been mean to me while I was really heavy -

I got down to a 12/14 and was really happy with myself. Much more confident, and wearing things I'd never wear before. So I was wearing a cute little fitted layered short sleeve shirt and a mini skirt and flip flops. I ran into her and she said "I can't believe you're wearing that, fat a--" and I just wanted to hide and run back to my jeans and baggy t shirt.

Last edited by Skettihead03; 04-11-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 222/217/130-150

Height: 5'5

People are so rude. A few years ago, my boss of all people had seen me eat a few hershey kisses. She leaned over and whispered, "I wouldn't do that if I were you. Your husband wouldn't like you if you were fatter, but you are already chunky now." I was a lot thinner then, but I have never forgotten it. My husband has seen me at my heaviest just a couple of days ago and even at my thinnest and he has loved me no matter what.
ShaynaND is offline   Reply With Quote