Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 11:44 AM   #1  

Talking Newbie, sort of!

Hi everyone!

I am sort of a newbie but sort of not! I keep a journal here and recognize many of the members of this group from my other journal. I am 25, married with 2 cats. I live in Ottawa, ON, Canada. I have lost almost 30 lbs over the last 2 years and am slowly losing more. My goal is to weigh 140. I am currently 158 lbs so I still have a short way to go. I have followed many of the usual diet plans but a few weeks ago I decided to give up "dieting" and hopefully for good! I have followed WW for so long that I know how to propely eat and what types of foods I need. I have also started exercising and am a member at my local Curves gym. I am also trying to be more active and with the beautiful weather that's getting easier and easier to do. I am trying to live day be day and the most important thing to me right now is that I love myself, no matter what.

I can't wait to get to know all of you!
Take care
Circe!
Old 05-25-2003, 05:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/125/115

Height: 5'6

Angry Me too!

Welcome Circe. I think we are in about the same boat. I have lost about 25 pounds over two years and have fifteen left to go. I have tried many diets and the one that works best for me is low-fat-complex carbohydrate way of eating. I tried very low-carb recently and it caused me to be groggy and have headaches. I also have to exercise quite frequently to lose. I am 22 years old. I am new to this forum. I am looking forward to making friends here.
Old 05-25-2003, 06:01 PM   #3  

Hi Kobe!

It's nice to meet you. It does sound like we are in almost the same boat! Hopefully we will both be around long enough to support each other and see goal together! I would be interested in seeing what your eating plan is like and I will take a look at your journal as soon as I am done with this! Best of luck and feel free to IM me if you want to get to know each other

Circe
Old 05-25-2003, 08:18 PM   #4  

Post Here is my eating plan

This is the plan anyway (fingers crossed)

Breakfast: 1 cup Kashi cereal, 1 cup 1% milk
Lunch: Grilled Chicken salad
Dinner: Any type of meat and two vegetables, 2 slices Low carb bread

How about you Circe? What plan are you following?
Old 05-25-2003, 08:30 PM   #5  

I am basically just trying to eat healthily. I decided about a week ago to stop counting points and just trust myself. I have been following ww on and off for 4 years so I figure if I haven't learned the basics now, I prolly never will! I try to limit my bread to one meal a day and I try to eat lots of fruits and veggies and drink lots of water. This past week has been a challege but I think Pms was to blame! Hopefully next week will be better!
Old 05-25-2003, 08:34 PM   #6  

Post Exercise

Circe,

For exercise I like to use the treadmill, elliptical, and bike machines at the gym. I'm interested in yoga for flexibility purposes. I love riding my horse and rollerblading. I'm trying to limit my carbs to one meal a day, preferably in the morning when I am most active. I know what you mean about PMS. I am in too much pain to exercise with cramps. My TOM is lurking, but, I'm going to do my best to stay focused and not give in to the pain or the crazy cravings. LOL.

Last edited by kobe21; 05-25-2003 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-25-2003, 11:21 PM   #7  

Welcome Circe! I too am fighting to lose the last 10 pounds or so. Hopefully we can struggle together.

Welcome to the group!
Old 05-26-2003, 08:05 AM   #8  

Hi Tonic,

Thanks for the welcome! Why don't you tell me a little about yourself? I hope that we won't struggle together too much! LOL I hope we have much success together! Our stats are very similar. What kind of program have you been following?

I look forward to getting to know you better!
Circe

186/158/140
Old 05-26-2003, 04:19 PM   #9  

Circe - Sure. If you want lots of details.. check out the "Bio Thread" thats always at the top of our 20 somethings forum.

Here is the short story. I am 5' 7.5" and I started out arounf 188+. 188 is when I first weighed myself. I started last April/May exercising and then got serious in July when I did low carb. I lost around 40 pounds over the those 9 months.. and now I am almost to my goal.

I'm going to be 25 in 2 weeks and I am a graduate student living with my boyfriend of 5 1/2 years.

I like to workout at least 3 times a week.. which helps me maintain. To lose.. I seem to need 5 times a week of 30 cardio plus weights. I usually do the elliptical machine, but I recently started using the treadmill more. I have done low carb and find it works pretty well for me.. although I hate it. I love bread.. what can I say I also have done low fat and cut back on eating.. that works too but I lose weight slower.

Anyways.. welcome to the group!
Old 05-29-2003, 03:21 PM   #10  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Welcome circe! I've read a few of your journal entries and have made some comments in the past.

I also am (like Kobe and Tanya) in the same boat as you. I lost about 60+ pounds, but gained back about 12 . I started out at 216 and now weigh 166. I hope to get to 145 (height 5'6.5"). I have never been on any sort of diet plan before. I know how to eat right and exercise in order to lose weight sometimes I just don't chose to care to watch what I eat That's how I gained back about 12 lbs. I ate whatever I wanted to without exercise for about 7 months. I think since I had gotten to 150, and I was pretty happy at that weight, I thought that if I gained 2 or 3 pounds it wouldn't matter. Boy was I wrong. Before I knew it I was up to 169 I knew that I had to do something so I started watching my weight and eating healthy again. I want to make a lifetime change and not just a "I'll do this until I lose weight" change.

3FC has been my support group since 2000 (though I stopped coming on here for about a year and a half). It is a great site and I know if I didn't have this site I wouldn't be having the success that I am having right now.

Once again welcome!!!

Last edited by mocha74; 05-29-2003 at 03:25 PM.
Closed Thread