Old 03-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

rainbow I had to try out a few different colored peppers before I found one I liked enough to eat raw. If the celery is too boring by itself, I'll toss it with a little salad dressing.
What you describe with your foot sounds very similar to something I have. You're better than me though -- I still need to go to the doctor.
Wish I could help with the running shoes. I went to a sporting goods store when I bought mine so they could look at the way I walk and recommend shoes based on that. Enjoy your lunch!

Rie I'm so sorry about your sad anniversary.
I agree with you and rainbow -- I like to workout by myself too. I've offered to tell my roommate when I go workout and she's welcome to join, but I plan on being in the zone with my music.

kisskiss Meh. Classes are....well, it's the first week back, so a bit too soon to tell.
Maybe your friend would want to take a walk as she vents about her ex? Burn a few calories and some excess emotions. Get some endorphins going to help boost her mood.
Congrats on one month! That is awesome. Mind if I ask what site you met on?

It's early, but March has not been good to me. I feel like if I talk about it all, I could go on a pretty long rant. So instead, I ask for some good vibes to help me get out of my funk and to have good things happen to me.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

QB Sending some good vibes your way - hope that March improves for you!

~Just popping in after work, Thursday here - I cannot believe it, but I got up at 6.20am (that is EARLY for me) and I went for a run at 6.30am! I did 4.6km! I'm not sure if it's something I'll do super often - I can't figure out how I feel about the dark - it's so dark!! It was fine after about 15 minutes, but it's summer here now, so come winter...well I guess it will be worse. Either way, I'm glad I now know I CAN do it, and I felt so good all day!

Going out to the movies with my sister tonight, going to see Beautiful Creatures (no judging haha). Should be fun. She's going to make some baked fish thing first, she knows I count calories/watch what I'm eating, so it should be all good

YAY Friday tomorrow!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Rie: good girl! good for you! how are the videogames? about my eating more thing... i guess you could be right since it started around the time i started BR... but i still gotta figure out a way around it! cuz if my body wants to eat more cuz it's working out more, i'm still not losing the weight! lol.

QB: the cheat days make it work for me. it's a bit of a double-edged sword because it makes your weightloss progress waaaaay slower. but for me, i tend to give up after one or two months of strict dieting and start bingeing like crazy, so knowing i can have a cheat day if i want to makes things more manageable.... i guess i finally realized that i'd rather lose 5lbs in 2 months and keep going, then lose 10lbs in 2 months and then gain it all back in a week of crazy bingeing... and big hugs for youuuuu!

Rainbow: yeah, i'm being pretty good on my regular days. i almost never have non healthy foods unless it's my cheat day. still, i'd rather not eat more of it than i should... i hope you manage to keep up with your food challenges for this week! just be strong, girl! be good! don't sabotage yourself with the food over the weekend!

Kisskiss: ooooooh, so he's your boyfriend now have fun!! i really hope you reach your 179 goal soon! good luck!

Hey guys!

been awol for 2 days cuz my baby came over on Tuesday night and we celebrated my last day of work! woot woot!! i was pretty peachy because it is extremely rare that he will stay over at my house (Japanese values and all, he still lives with his folks and it's viewed badly... whatever) but he stayed over and we spent all of wednesday together, strolling around Kichijoji (kinda trendy shopping area) and eating Ben&Jerry's. lol. so yesterday was a cheat day, and i was kinda worried, but then when i weighed in this morning it was around the same as before so i was pleasantly surprised!

I just finished doing workout 5 of Body revolution for the first time. well, "just" might be a little elusive since i pretty much just lied down in a pool of my own sweat for 30 minutes afterwards before i could move my arms again... aaaah, it was so hard!! it is seriously the first time in my life that i felt i was getting a little pukey from working out... god! and by the end of the workout there's this move that you have to push yourself up from the side, and i was pushing and my body was just not moving cuz my muscles were dead... lol. aaah... tomorrow will be another new workout, workout 6, so i'll keep you posted on that, and the cardio workout is also changing for this month, though i've had a look at it and oddly enough, it seems easier. or at least, moves that i prefer. well anyways, i guess Rie is the only one who knows what i'm talking about, but it feels good to rant.

btw, i was thinking about trying Insanity after i'm done with this. but i'm really scared, it looks so hard. anybody on here done it? and how managable is it to do space-wise? i have very little space in my apt to workout... basically about the space of a yoga mat and that's it.

oh, fun random fact: i had the bf try my "natural" peanut butter when he was here and he was like "eeewww..." lol. i just thought it was funny. it's weird cuz since i have started eating clean, i am really craving and loving those clean foods a lot more. when i was eating badly, if i ate something like an apple or veggies, it just tasted really bland to me. but now, i really love it! anyone else like that?
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #19  

Kawaii Thanks for the encouragement - I am trying SO hard to keep reminding myself to be good this weekend! OMG your workouts sound intense. I come back from running and I'm super hot and sweaty, but I don't feel like I'm dying haha - maybe I need to start doing some of what you're doing! Time with your bf sounds so fun Re the clean eating, if I eat junk over the weekend, I cannot wait for my baked chicken and steamed veges haha, so I get where you're coming from!

~So our current housemate is moving out today and tomorrow and we have a couple moving in with us on Sunday - and I forgot that the scales belong to our current housemate so when I got up and went to weigh myself this morning, the scales were already gone - and for some reason I feel really on edge and uneasy having not weighed myself this morning. My bf said it's not healthy to feel that way...but I just feel a little bit out of control not knowing what my weight is right now -_-

I also can't really afford a scale at the moment, so I'm going to wait until Sunday and see if maybe the new couple have one...and if not, I'll have to bite the bullet. Actually I don't even think I can wait that long, I might have to get one tomorrow -_-

I ate really well yesterday until the movie popcorn last night, but it was only a small one and with my estimation on the popcorn, I was still well within my calorie limits.

The work lunch with no healthy options (as far as I can see) is in 2 hours - eek. I'm going to check out the menu online again now haha. Must control something today!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #20  

Height: 5'2"

Hey girls, dunno if anyone remembers me, but I want to start making my way back to this site. Ughhh..can you believe I got down to about 135? Went on vacation and continued indulging for a month 1/2 after I got back. I almost died when I saw 151 on the scale. Ouch! Why is it so hard to lose and oh-so-easy to put it back on??

Anyway, I'm working back down. Currently 148. Just started new rules of lifting for women. Totally different approach from the cardio bunny + strict 1200 calorie approach I took last year. Now, I'm eating more and lifting.

Here's to spring!!!
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #21  

rainbow: haha, maybe you should, tis HARD! lol. i'm hoping to see more of a dramatic weightloss now that the level of the workouts has definitely increased! fingers crossed! lol at your scale woes... i think it'll be good for you to not weigh for a while! although just bear in mind that it's possible that your new scale isn't set exactly the same as your old one so it might show a weight that's a little bit up or a little bit down

val: welcome back! i know, right? it's sooo easy to gain weight, but so hard to take it off!! urgh! good luck!!

ooops... forgot to write my own bit... thank you edit button!

so hey girls, today is amazingly nice and beautiful weather in Tokyo so i think i'm gonna go out and wander around and take pictures for my blog. i decided to finally start a blog, but i'm so lazy with the picture-taking and posting part... haha...

i did workout 6 for Body Revolution, and although it was a tiny bit less painful than workout 5, i still cried, felt queasy by the end, and my abs hurt a lot. thank you Jillian!! scale said 76.0 this morning, which is the lowest it's been in a good long while, so i got my fingers crossed that i might actually *maybe* see a loss tomorrow...

Last edited by KawaiiCandie; 03-08-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #22  

rainbow that is very early! I can't get myself out of bed in the mornings to work out. I'd rather snooze.
How was the movie? I love Emmy Rossum! Thought about seeing it.
I wonder how your popcorn size compares to the ones in the US. Our serving sizes are SO massive. Last time I went to the movies I split a popcorn with my friend and we still didn't finish it. (Not to mention that it was $20 for the combo of 2 drinks and a popcorn. Robbery....)

kawaii That workout sounds...out of my comfort zone. haha good for you though! That's awesome!
While I love my fruit and veggies, I miss pizza SOOO much. It was one of the things I gave up for Lent and my mouth is drooling for the day I can finally order a pizza again.

val Welcome back! Yes. I'm always amazed (and super annoyed) at how easy it is to put the weight back on.

kisskiss omg. TGIF indeed! 100%. I need this weekend so much.
Enjoy your time with family. Don't stress too much, but I understand how you feel. It makes me so uncomfortable when people talk about my weight.

I was supposed to go to brunch with some friends tomorrow, but it looks like the plans might be falling through. Boo.

So....March has gone downhill more. I've been seeing a guy "casually" for a while now. We were monogamous, but never put the boyfriend/girlfriend label on it. Well....he met someone. Thinks she's perfect. Dumped me yesterday. After 8 months of seeing each other, he meets a girl when he's out at a bar with his friends and he dumps me before their second date. I'm heartbroken. (He isn't as big of a jerk as this summary makes him sound. I didn't want my post to become a novel though.)

And when I went to workout last night before class, every single treadmill and elliptical was full. At least I don't have class tonight, so my schedule is more flexible as to when I workout.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 272|264|140

Hi ,i just joined.I have been on this journey for 2 weeks and have so far lost 9lbs!Looking forward to meeting new friends to travel this journey with!

9lbs gone!

Last edited by movinmama2013; 03-08-2013 at 02:27 PM.
movinmama2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #24  

val Welcome back New approach sounds like a good thing - I am doing the same this time, but more out of necessity. Simply cutting and counting calories and doing some half-hearted exercise when I can be bothered won't work!

kawaii I want to try some of them, I just don't really have the space where I can work out with a dvd and not be in someone else's way - most likely this will be even harder when we have another two people living with us as of tomorrow rather than the one flatmate we currently have! I'd be interested in having a look at your blog if you wanted to share?

kisskiss I'm the same, I know that weighing everyday doesn't always give the ideal indication of what's going on, but I feel like I need to know anyway haha. This is day two of no weigh-in and I have to say I am feeling a little bit anxious! The movie was ok - I had read all three books prior so I was a little disappointed. And to be honest, I'm not usually that disappointed with book to movie translations, but they melded characters together and changed the story in a few ways that annoyed me. I guess if I hadn't read the book it would have been more enjoyable? My sister was in that boat and she liked it - though she did say the plot was a little jumpy and patchy. Good luck for your bbq, I'm sure you'll be great - I get you on being embarrassed with attention!

QB Movie was ok, see above reply to kisskiss. I thought Emmy Rossum was good in it though, but her role wasn't huge. I'd say a small popcorn here is like... around 3-4 cups? But then it jumps in size quite dramatically when you get medium. And that is only one cinema chain. The other cinema chain we have does have pretty huge sizes, a small would definitely not be a solo affair there haha! Pretty sure our prices are comparable though - going to the movies is ridiculously expensive. My boyfriend and I went a few weeks back and ended up spending $58 NZD for tickets, popcorn, a drink to share and an icecream each! I'm so sorry to hear about your breakup - that sounds tough and I think the guy might regret what he's done - doesn't seem quite right. Hope you manage to get one of the machines next time you're at the gym!

movinmama Hey there, welcome

~Yesterday's work lunch wasn't a total bust. I was annoyed because my boss wanted to order stuff to share for the table so I didn't really get the option of picking something for myself. I ate the two smallest slices of pizza (which was luckily SUPER thin crust) and then had a few fries. They were so good, it was hard to keep it to just a few. I also had a singular meatball haha.

I was so hungry though! It just didn't fill me up at all! Luckily I was super busy at work so I couldn't think about it til I got home, but I did eat a few corn chips and then we met some friends for pizza (again!) in the park. I ate 4 slices, tried to pick the smallest ones. I don't think it was terrible, but that, combined with the fact I had a few drinks (pink moscato is too delicious), meant I finished yesterday at around 2400 calories - not ideal - but considering it would have been very easy for me to just keep drinking and eat even more food (a bunch of our friends came over to drink and hang out) I am still taking it as a bit of a victory. I even went to bed while most people were still here.

I woke up this morning to go for my run and I was only going to do 4km but then I remembered what I'd eaten/had to drink last night so instead I did 7.8km.

I have to go get a smear test today, not looking forward to that at all. Then later on tonight we're going to this pyrotechnics display by a group of French pyrotechs called Groupe F. I've heard they do incredible things, so I'm looking forward to that! Hope you're all having great weekends!

Last edited by rainbowstripe; 03-08-2013 at 03:37 PM. Reason: added further replies
Old 03-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #25  

movinmama Welcome!

Rainbow You did really well based on those food choices. Pizza is my total weakness. And fries to that? I'd be doomed!
Great job on the run!! How was the pyrotechnics display?

Yesterday I spent an hour on the treadmill Although I'm getting a blister on my toe. Oops.

I'm still having a really hard time with the breakup. I've been trying to reach out to friends so that I don't text him...and keeping busy to distract myself....but it isn't helping much. Right now I just really want him back. Meeting some friends at the dog park later. Maybe some puppy cuddles will help. Then I'll walk to nowhere on the treadmill for a while.

In better news: Saw a loss in my weight, so I got to add to my bead collection this morning. The workout room is next to the pool, so I keep thinking about that for inspiration. I want to feel more confident laying by the pool this summer!
Old 03-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #26  

QB Pizza is a huge weakness - seeing as now that the weekend is over I can count 3 separate occasions on which I ate it! I'm so sorry to hear you're going through a hard time, but it sounds like you're doing all the right things to cope. I hope you feel better soon, but the old cliche of time as a healer really is true. Congrats on the weight and the motivation you've got sounds great! The pyrotechnics were amazing - set to music, there were people in these suits that would light up in time to the music, and basically the most incredible fireworks I've EVER seen.

~I MUST GET MY WEEKENDS UNDER CONTROL! I know I've been saying this and saying this, but apparently I'm just not listening to myself. I make these choices, knowing they're not going to help with my weightloss, but I keep doing it anyway, making stupid justifications!!
I ate pizza last night again. It was calorie counted, but still over where I should have been! Friday, Saturday and Sunday were all way higher than they should have been.

This week isn't looking any easier in terms of choices - I'm doing fine with exercise but it's just food and drink that are killing me! I should be fine til Friday. Friday we have one of our suppliers at work coming in for Friday drinks and nibbles. I've been doing great with not drinking at work on a Friday afternoon (it's a big thing at my work, we do it almost every week) but it's the nibbles that I have trouble with
Saturday will be the celebration of being with my boyfriend for FIVE years. It's a big deal for me, but as we're low on funds and trying to save a lot, I don't even know what we're doing - we don't have plans yet, but I'm sure we'll either go out for dinner somewhere or get takeaways and go to a beach or something - either way, I know I probably won't make the best choices - why is it that I always want to celebrate with food?

My weight is up again after the weekend, this yo-yoing between 2-3 pounds is driving me crazy, and I think it's just compounded by the fact I know I'm totally to blame.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #27  

kisskiss: thanks! haha... i sure don't feel like a machine after those workouts are done... lol. that's great you had water! i usually just have one or two gin tonics cuz they're low-cal... and i'm a slow drinker so it works. or a glass of wine if i'm at a restaurant. but just one last saturday i went out with my best friend and we had pizza and wine at an italian restaurant and i'm pretty pleased i ate only half my pizza! it's funny cuz she is tiny, but she ate all of hers plus a piece of mine, then told me i made her feel like a big pig, haha...

QB: did you have pizza? haha, well according to Jillian you have to get OUT of your confort zone for this sh!t to work wow, i'm really sorry about your breakup big hugs hun is there anything we can do for you? You're doing really well though!! hanging with friends and continuing with your workouts! well done girl! the only thing you can do right now is just take it one day at the time...

rainbow: my blog is http://welcometothecandieshop.blogspot.com please check it out! although there are only 3 posts up so far oooh, i hate when you go to the restaurant in a group and you can't pick "your" food. that happens a lot in japan... especially at drinking parties. *sigh* hum.. i dunno what to tell you to help get your weekends under control. you just gotta decide that enough is enough and that you're not gonna eat that pizza!! or like i said, maybe limit it to one day only. and if resisting eating only a little doesn't work for you, maybe it's best to eat none at all. good luck!

hey guys! so it's monday here and i'm on hols. lol. just procrastinating over starting my workout. workout 6 isn't as bad as 5 (my arms still hurt from yesterday) but it's definitely not a cakewalk. meh. i'm in my workout clothes though and my weights are all set up. right after this!!

i have a funny story about this weekend, like i told kisskiss, i went out to dinner with a friend, and i gave myself a mini cheat day since i had pizza and ice cream, though i was quite good and ate only half of it. i even chucked my ice cream in the bin!!! i'd had about half and was like "i feel satisfied, i shouldn't eat the rest... but it's soooooooo goooooood!!! but i'm full". and i chucked it!! i was quite proud of myself. but that's not my funny story then funny part is that after the restaurant, my friend wanted to keep drinking so we went to this bar called "the hub", it's a chain of "western style bars" in Tokyo, which means that it's just like a bar back home. there are some tables but lotsa people at the bar standing and mingling. i'd never been there cuz i knew it was a "gaijin bar" (foreigner bar) and it was really full when we got there. but the minute we walked in, we were assailed by a series of boys, all vying for our attention and telling us we were so cute. lol! i haven't been getting hit on much at all since i started dating my bf over a year ago (i think i put off "i'm taken" vibes...) so it was kinda nice for my ego! and then these two guys kept chatting with us and buying us drinks even though we both told them very clearly we had boyfriends. haha. i told this one guy, "you guys aren't very lucky, you picked two girls who both have boyfriends" and he went "no. we're lucky to be talking to such beautiful girls". haha. like i said, huge ego boost. then we got hit on again on the way to the station. hahaha...

so that was my weekend excitement. not much planned for this week. workout and try to not waste the day away! hope everyone is doing good!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:39 AM   #28  

Kawaii Cute! Your blog is so cute (as are you, man you are so pretty!!) I've added it to my blog reader Your weekend sounds fun! I haven't been out to a bar in a while (good thing really, if I had been drinking a lot of alcohol on top of my weekend food, I'd be far worse off haha!). Hope you're enjoying your holiday so far!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #29  

rainbow: aww, thank you!!

yeah, though i'm being sooo lazy... i think i'm gonna put my alarm clock at 9am tomorrow, so i don't just sleep the day away... lol. so far it's involved a lot of facebook games, tumblr, reading, and watching Criminal Minds. then i can't fall asleep at night cuz i watched 4 hours of people getting killed by serial killers before bed. SMART GIRL! lol.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #30  

rainbow Thank you, I really appreciate the nice words.
I'm glad the pyrotechnics were fun! Sounds very cool.
Since you have beaches nearby, can you pack a healthy picnic lunch for the two of you? Get one "splurge" item like a rich dessert to share, but keep the rest on the healthier side of things? Congrats on five years!!

Kawaii Nope, no pizza for me. I'm staying strong with that. I gave it up for Lent and I haven't had it.
Honestly, there isn't much anyone can do. Unless you can convince him to drop Miss Perfect and come back to me? I just hope y'all can bear with me if it's on my mind (and in my posts) a lot for a bit.
That is SO great that you tossed out some of your ice cream! Good job!! And I'm sure the ego boost was nice too.

The weekend was hard. He and I had made plans to get together (before the breakup) so it was on my mind a lot. That, and torturing myself because I know he's spending time with his new girlfriend (because oh yes, he dumped me Thursday and as of Friday they're officially boyfriend/girlfriend.)
And every stupid thing reminds me of him. I haaaaate this part of a breakup. A couple of years ago I dated a guy who had a motorcycle, and after we broke up I'd get so sad every time I saw a motorcycle.

I went to the dog park with my friends, which was nice. Very crowded cause we're finally getting some nice Spring weather!

I have to be extra good this week, because Saturday is going to be an awful cheat day. I'm going to Shamrock Fest with some friends, and there will be lots of beer drinking. And (I'm sure) unhealthy foods. And I don't want to go too easy on the beer because tickets were kind of pricey. Gotta get my money's worth.

Went to the grocery today. When I'm upset, my stomach tends to get into knots and eating is really hard. So I picked up some smoothies, applesauce, things like that. I don't even want my girl scout cookies!