Old 02-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #1  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Default Following the Primal Blueprint for a month now...

I've been following the Primal Blueprint now for about a month and I have to say it's been the easiest way of eating ever. I did have a bit of a breakdown about a week in where I drank one evening and the next day stuffed myself with pizza and the day after that had a half gallon of ice cream but for the last three weeks I've been doing incredibly well!

I'm attributing my success to the copious amounts of satisfying fats as well as the fact that I think meat is delicious. I also truly believe sugar and bread just pushes me to want more sugar and bread, leading to a feeling of being out of control and then binging.

I have to say I don't feel like eating bread or sugar really. I mean, if you put a cupcake under my nose I'm going to squirm a bit but I haven't given in and everyday it feels easier. I think a lot of my binging was driven by sugar.

So anyways, I just thought I'd let you all know how great I'm doing not eating bread or sugar! I have even lost a pound without counting calories. I don't believe it will go one like forever, someday I'll have to count and maybe stop myself from having that extra chunk of roast but other than that I'm feeling awesome.

I should mention I've been eating basically no fruit except sometimes I eat way too many berries at one time as a treat. Fruit is another thing I think that spikes my blood sugar and causes me to feel hungry soon after. I do believe, if you're craving sugar, that fruit is a good way to quell that craving quickly. I also believe that sometimes it's best to not even attempt to 'quell' the craving and just grit your teeth until it passes. I try to do this as of often as possible because otherwise I'd be eating fruit all day long.

But that's still better than binging on pizza and chips every evening in front of the television.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

that's great! good for you!

what exactly is primal? i haven't really heard about it...
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:54 AM   #3  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

KawaiiCandie - a basic guide to the Primal Blueprint can be found here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/defin...#axzz2LhdPrXDF
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote