3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Old 05-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #316
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

ChickieBoom - Oh my Goodness! I took a Bikram Yoga class once and didn't like it at all. When I left the studio I felt super light-headed, dizzy and had a headache. Of course I drank a lot of water before, during and after but I think the heat was just too much for me. I weighed 164 lbs at that time and was really out of shape, maybe that has something to do with it. I would definitely try it out again though. Just give it another shot, now you know what to expect

Riestrella - Thanks for the encouraging words! I'm trying to hang in there. It's beautiful out here in New York so I'm gonna try to take advantage of that.

Had way too much junk food yesterday, gah!

Mini-Goal #1 - 137 lbs
Mini-Goal #2 - 133 lbs
Mini Goal #3 - 128 lbs
Mini Goal #4 - 123 lbs
Final Goal
- FIT and HAPPY
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #317
KTB

S/C/G: 189/176.4/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobabyGoGO View Post
Oh! I'm on the chart. That's so cool!
Congrats! I am losing very, oh so very slowly, but I managed to make the chart too.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #318

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

YAY! I'm number 19, but I'm on the chart!
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #319

Height: 5'4

I have done almost no exercise this week, and eaten quite badly (but not terribly, clasping at small successes)

I keep saying I'll start fresh on <insert date> and manage about half a day before one little thing happens that isn't perfect and it all goes to pot. Does / did anyone else have this? Week after week saying 'I'll be good tomorrow' then failing every time? How did you break the cycle? I've tried saying I'll start NOW, or taking one day at a time, but it just doesn't seem to work.

Happy Friday everyone! x
Old 05-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #320

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by themilesawaygirl View Post
I keep saying I'll start fresh on <insert date> and manage about half a day before one little thing happens that isn't perfect and it all goes to pot. Does / did anyone else have this? Week after week saying 'I'll be good tomorrow' then failing every time? How did you break the cycle? I've tried saying I'll start NOW, or taking one day at a time, but it just doesn't seem to work.
Yes, yes, YES! I've been doing this for two weeks. I've gained a whole bunch of weight because I use it as an excuse to just eat whatever. As a matter of fact, today I was thinking "I'll start Sunday" but then I thought about how many times before I've said that then it gets to Tuesday and I'm eating crap again.

Today I said "I'm starting right now" but I also decided to change my entire diet. It was working for me but now it's not. The best diet is the one that works for you, right? Well, it works but it's not doing me any good if I can't get my head into it. So I'm going to calorie count and eat small meals again. It dawned on me that the last time I tried that I didn't know as much about healthy choices as I do now, so maybe I'll be able to do well on it this time.

You are definitely not alone. Whenever I whine to my fiance about "Why can't I just DO this?" he always tells me "Because it's hard. It's really hard but you can do it" Now, I know that it's hard but having someone else say it to me makes me feel a little better. Like "oh, I guess I'm not a dope after all. This IS hard. And I CAN do it."
Old 05-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #321
Finally in control.

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I stopped <inserting date> and I started saying, I'm going to start right now. Why put off til tomorrow what you can do today. We slip up sometimes, life happens but there's no reason to keep slipping until a scheduled time. If you slip up, get back to it right away. That's been a game changer for me. And there is no such thing as perfection. A lifestyle change like the one we're making is a work in progress. Everything that happens is a learning experience. There's no reason to throw hard work away because everything didn't go to plan.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #322

S/C/G: 192/163/138

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTB View Post
Congrats! I am losing very, oh so very slowly, but I managed to make the chart too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi24 View Post
YAY! I'm number 19, but I'm on the chart!
Heck yeah! Good for us!

one for every 5lbs lost
mini goal tracker
GobabyGoGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #323
Taking a break from 3FC

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I have done almost no exercise this week, and eaten quite badly (but not terribly, clasping at small successes)

Happy Friday everyone! x
Yesss...I do this too. It's a bad habit really isn't it? Like ChickieBoom says we should just do something NOW. I think you really just have to commit to it and remind yourself why you're doing it. If you want change you have to work for it, but if you don't make the change then you can't want it badly enough? I'm in the same boat though!

Goal 1: Halfway point to borderline Overweight/Healthy BMI~ 165 lbs
Goal 2: Weight when I was 17 ~ 159 lbs
Goal 3: Borderline Overweight/Healthy BMI ~ 150 lbs
Goal 4: Lightest weight ever! ~ 148 lbs
Goal 5: Lighter than Boyfriend ~ 145 lbs
Goal 6: Halfway point to Healthy BMI ~ 140 lbs
Final Goal: Midpoint of healthy BMI range (21.6) ~ 130 lbs
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #324

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5'8

I must say my period got the best of me this weekend tomorrow will be different I am ready to reconnect and recommit
Cinnamonfox89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #325
Taking a break from 3FC

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Week 18 chart! kymish takes the lead!

Goal 1: Halfway point to borderline Overweight/Healthy BMI~ 165 lbs
Goal 2: Weight when I was 17 ~ 159 lbs
Goal 3: Borderline Overweight/Healthy BMI ~ 150 lbs
Goal 4: Lightest weight ever! ~ 148 lbs
Goal 5: Lighter than Boyfriend ~ 145 lbs
Goal 6: Halfway point to Healthy BMI ~ 140 lbs
Final Goal: Midpoint of healthy BMI range (21.6) ~ 130 lbs
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:18 AM   #326
Breathing.

Height: 5'4.5"

TOM + sick. Haven't been as healthy as I want to. I had a lot of comfort food today and I'm totally regretting it. I feel nauseous and I can already feel all the sugar turn into fat, arghh I'm really not feeling great but I'm gonna try to hit up the gym tomorrow anyways.

Mini-Goal #1 - 137 lbs
Mini-Goal #2 - 133 lbs
Mini Goal #3 - 128 lbs
Mini Goal #4 - 123 lbs
Final Goal
- FIT and HAPPY
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:50 AM   #327

S/C/G: 220/220/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I have been quietly reading some of your progress for a few days and am amazed by you ladies. I am a little late into the process but would love to join in. I'm quite new to the website and if some of you awesome ladies could help me get started/understand the competition that would be awesome! A little bit about me: I a 21 year old college student. In the past year/year and a half I've gained 80 lbs and find it unacceptable!! I eat fairly well but my activity level has greatly diminished. I have a high stress life too as I care for my elderly grandparents. I have started a food journal am am putting together some long term/short term goals, but am unsure how and what to share! Thanks in advance for the tips and info, I'm so ready to do this. Good luck and congrats!!

**In August 2013 I am South Carolina bound with my girlfriends, and though I know it is impossible to safely reach my final goal weight of 135 by then, I want to be able to feel comfortable in my skin on the beach, and physically capable of keeping up with my active friends. My beach bound goal is an active 180 or less.

Last edited by BeachBoundSC; 05-07-2013 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Goal
BeachBoundSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:26 AM   #328

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Hey! Long time, no talk. I've missed you guys! Just wanted to pop in and say I am beginning reading what I missed, and will pop in with personals and an update here very shortly, as well as rejoin the challenge. Basically school ruined my attempts at weight loss the past few months...small gain, but nothing unmanageable. However I'm having an incredibly difficult struggle getting back on track, so here I am. The more I am around you ladies, the more success I seem to have - so I am definitely back in action here at 3FC. I really just need to lose probably about 20lbs so this is KILLING me!
ParkTrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #329

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Just in regards to the past couple of posts about not exercising...I want to point out something my doctor told me that helped motivate me in getting my butt off the couch.

It takes us on average, six full weeks, devoted daily, to create a habit. A habit is something your body either enjoys doing or you mentally enjoy doing. Until it is formed though, it is down right unbearable. It only takes 72 continuous hours of not doing it for the habit to be broke and having to go through the entire cycle again to create said habit. Is 72 hours really worth fighting 6 weeks over?

It wasn't. At least, not for me.

Congrats to everyone...and woohoo!!! I am a top tenner again (even moved up!)

Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13
Stage 2: Moderate Obesity BMI - completed 11/26/13; ONDERLAND; Overweight BMI
Stage 3: work in progress

One for every 10 pounds lost:
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #330

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
Just in regards to the past couple of posts about not exercising...I want to point out something my doctor told me that helped motivate me in getting my butt off the couch.

It takes us on average, six full weeks, devoted daily, to create a habit. A habit is something your body either enjoys doing or you mentally enjoy doing. Until it is formed though, it is down right unbearable. It only takes 72 continuous hours of not doing it for the habit to be broke and having to go through the entire cycle again to create said habit. Is 72 hours really worth fighting 6 weeks over?

It wasn't. At least, not for me.

Congrats to everyone...and woohoo!!! I am a top tenner again (even moved up!)
Well that makes a lot of sense 1 whole month and a half makes me feel like there should be no cheat days when you are trying to build a good habit

Last edited by Cinnamonfox89; 05-07-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Cinnamonfox89 is offline   Reply With Quote