Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 135/124/110

Height: 5'1"

Hi guys! My week is going pretty well so far, hope yours is too! Scale is moving in the right directing and I have tomorrow (Thursday) off which is amaaaazing because days off are so rare for me (even on weekends.)

themilesawaygirl- I'm right there with you my dear, coming back after a long time away, back at my starting weight... we can do it this time though!

Musicalastronaut- bahaha that's too funny about the scale! I probably would have been really upset about it if it had happened to me though. I haven't checked my scale batteries since I bought it... 8 years ago. Now you're making me think I should check...

runthecontinent- I'm sorry you are sick, hope you feel better soon! Though I admit I totally think that when I get sick "oh good, at least I'll lose some weight!"

summerkate- I'm assuming you didn't cave into the cupcakes. Good for you, that is so ridiculously hard to do!

maddiebphoto- Oooh buying new dresses is so fun! Where are you in Colorado???
Tiny Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #17  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Happy Thursday! Friday tomorrow, thank god!

So today was my "cheat day" aka the day I don't work out and indulged on a few things. I didn't go super crazy but I went to an izakaya (bar/restaurant) after work and had a few drinks and some guilty pleasure food. I've been on top of workouts Monday - Wednesday, which I'm super proud of! Wednesday was a new strength workout, Strength 3, and it definitely moved up in difficulty! It had some moves that I found really challenging, including going from a plank into a crescent yoga pose. Felt like I was going to tip over most of the time! And plank ups which SUCK! Friggin hate plank moves...there was also a weird lay on your side and lift your knees to your chest which sucked. I always fail a planks and anything involving laying on my side...

BUT! Even though I kinda sucked stepping up the strength pace I did it, even though I really didn't want to and that's what's important. I'm happy that it's more challenging and hopefully by the end of the second week of doing these workouts I can do all the moves with somewhat ease. 13 out of 72 DONE!

I've decided I'm going to get my Playstation Move so I can play my Zumba game. BR burns like 250-350 calories which isn't really a lot compared to when I used to be running and I was burning 500 calories + a day (which is what made me lose most of the weight). So if I combine BR with Zumba then I'll hopefully reach my target of burning around 500 calories a day. BR will be my base workout, the one I HAVE to do, and Zumba will be a happy addition to it. So I'm looking forward to setting that up and shaking my a$$!

---

kawaii - I'm taking my rest days depending on what my social calendar looks like! I've made a list of all the workouts in my weight loss blog and I'm crossing them off as I go.
2 apples is not a big deal! I know obviously it's easy for me to say when you're the one feeling all the emotion you experienced, but apples aren't dougnuts you know? Maybe your hunger is changing due to the new workout routine? But be happy you're eating healthy foods!!

summerkate - Yeah...boys are annoying like that!! My boyfriend is 66kg which is (calculates) 145 lbs and he's like 5'8" -_-. I wouldn't care that much but he was like 156 lbs a few months ago!! He says "well I fluctuate a lot" and I was like eff you for serials!! Hmm, crock pot is a good idea but I do not have one ;_;. Thanks for the suggestion though! I had myself a little giggle at you not remembering your MFP username...because I did the exact same thing! A bad sign haha. As long as you're educated on what's good for you then I wouldn't worry too much about being ADD with routines. At the end of your weight loss you need to be able to stick with it for good, so just make sure your head is full of good health knowledge.
Let me know how you find wii fit! It's essentially a home workout so it can only be doing you good!

Scarlett - Thanks for still staying accountable, that's what counts! I, too, have basically stayed the same weight too. Never too late to turn it around!

milesawaygirl - Welcome back!! Let's do this!

MaddieB - That's so awesome to hear! So happy that you feel confident and feel sexy! It is how you feel and look!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 02-21-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #18  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hehe, picture time! Replace the word TO THE GYM with WORKOUT!

True for me...

This!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 02-21-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #19  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

So I started Jillian Michaels' 6 Week 6 Pack and OH MY GAWD, it is a tough workout! I loved every minute of it! My biggest problem is doing the burpees and the side planks, I have a hard time with both of those. The rest of the moves are very challenging but doable! I did it today without weight, so I figured I will do the next couple of workouts without the weight, then go ahead and add either my 4 or 7 lb dumbbell to the workout. I really like it though!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Tiny - I'm in Northern Colorado

Riestrella - I'd love to try Zumba! It looks so fun! But also...humiliating.

So lazy today! Maybe I'll have motivation to do my strength training later, but right now, I'm blah. I was back down to 135.4 today. I really want to eat a ton of junk today...
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

pinkhurricane: yay Jillian!! i haven't tried that one yet though.. let us know how it is!

Rie: i see! Playstation Move? never heard of it... hope it's fun!

man... i just did workout 4 of Body Revolution... i wanna cry... actually, i don't wanna cry, i'm quite glad i'm done, but i did cry a few times during the workout. seriously!! 3 and 4 are DEFINITELY a lot harder than 1 and 2... actually, i was still sore from yesterday's workout so i don't think that helped... in workout 3, there were a lot of moves that i couldn't do (plank downs anyone??) whereas in workout 4 i could do all the moves correctly, but i somehow feel it was MUCH harder. gah! my arms are shaking...

anyways, in other news, my scale finally went down! woot!! it's only a tiny drop from my previous lowest weight, but i'll take it!!! last night i tried REALLY hard to not eat anything, dousing myself with tea and all that... lol. i wonder if it helped?
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #22  
Lok'tar Ogar!

S/C/G: 248.6/ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Yay new thread!

I didn't do so well last weekend food wise so I was a bit worried about the outcome of this week's weigh in. I'm down a couple pounds so I'm not complaining. I just wish I had had a bit more discipline.

Does it freak anyone else out that spring clothes and swimsuits are coming out already?! I'm in Cincinnati and we just had an ice storm today. I just wanna tell all the clothing stores to just wait a few months!! I'M NOT READY!!
Soft Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

MaddieBPhoto-I’m the same way with anything chocolate or cake related-I want it all!!!! I get a bag of dove hearts or Hershey kisses every now and then and try to work on portion control. But some days that does NOT turn out well!! I think that’s pretty awesome that you’ve realized that you’re happy where you’re at now and don’t need/want to lose anymore. That’s always so difficult-to decide when it’s enough. But I agree-I saw that recent photo you posted, and you look great!!

Kawaiicandie-thanks! Way to go on the BR! The toughest workouts always make you feel the best afterwards!

TinyTiger-no ma’am, no cupcakes for me!! They were out where people could take one if they walked by, so I tried to tell myself they had probably collected some invisible dirt/dust on them or something that would make them taste horrible!! Haha

Riestrella-I find planks and anything yoga related to be pretty difficult too!! I think the whole mental aspect of it is the hardest part. I just kinda hang out in whatever pose I’m supposed to be in and think, ok, now what?? Haha. I’ve been enjoying the wii fit a lot. It’s fun, but it’s definitely one of those “well at least I’m doing something” kinda things. I’m not even sure I could really call it a workout. It tells you how many calories you burn while doing whatever you’re doing. I think if I did all stuff from the cardio section, I could may be burn 250 cals in an hour. Which really is better than nothing. But I’m definitely realizing that it won’t be acceptable for me to ONLY do the wii fit. Not if I want my body to change at all!

Pink Hurricane-good luck with the 6 week 6 pack-I think I saw that in the store the other day, but I haven’t heard any reviews yet!

Soft Speaker-YES!! I too am not ready for spring clothes/swim suits!! I don’t think I’ll feel ready for them even in the summer, but I’d like a little more time before it’s right in my face that it’s almost shorts weather!!

Well, it’s almost the weekend. (I only have one class today, so it’s basically the weekend now). I woke up feeling pretty determined. I always try to cross A LOT off my to do list on the weekend because it takes pressure off my week, ya know? It feels like everything I do fri-sun is a bonus for later. That’s definitely how I’m looking at it this week. I’m going to try to make my week less stressful and work out at least 5 times in the next 7 days!! There, I’ve said it out loud, it’s a goal
Also, DH’s birthday is this weekend. He’s turning the big 3-0. I think he has mixed feelings about that, but I’m excited for him!! His sister told me that she’s getting ribs shipped to him from Dreamland Bbq. OMG those ribs are SOOOO good. The last time we were in Alabama we went there, and it was a ridiculous eat fest. I don’t think either one of us came up for air for awhile. So I haven’t decided if I’ll have one or not, but I’m definitely going to do my best to stay within my calorie goal today!! (they’re supposed to get here today). Then Sunday and Monday, we’re going out to eat at two of DHs favorite restaurants. So much food over here!!
summerkate83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #24  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/234/199

Hey everyone. Finished week 7 of my Couch to 5K this morning but I've been slacking off with my Brazil Butt Lift dvds. I hope to get back on track with those this weekend. Tomorrow is my official weigh in day and I'm hoping for good news. Hope everyone has a great Friday!
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I gave up caffiene and Alcohol for lent. Itís been really good for me because Iíve been overduing the coffee and diet coke lately. Iíve also been drinking too much on week days. Iím now sort of at the point where it isnít driving me crazy anymore. Hopefully I can start cutting back on other stuff soon. Iím also going to start dragging myself out running soon. I signed up for a 5k on 3/23. I have done next to no running since I did the half marathon last summer. I feel excited to start working out again.

Epicskyline Ė thanks, things actually are starting to calm down. In 2 months I should be done with school.

Summerkate83
Ė yeah Iím also really afraid to let my weight get any higher as I am currently at my highest. So maintaining at the very least is critical

kawaiiCandle Ė thanks, I may need the good luck

Riestrella Ė great job with the work outs! I also LOVE those pictures

ChickieBoom
Ė I did couch to 5k 2 years ago and got really into running for a bit. I did a bunch of local races and even did a half marathon. I hope to get back into running in the near future. Great job!
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #26  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

I lost a pound of the 6 I had gained, I would have liked to see more, but I know a whoosh will come soon as long as I stay consistent!!! What is everyone doing for the weekend?
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #27  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I'm down a half a pound this week. Not as much as I'd like but I'll take it! Only 5 days left of 30 Day Shred then on to Ripped in 30.
bunnabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #28  

I have no frickin' clue why, but I was up 1.3 today to 136.7!! I have no idea! Maybe ovulation? That has happened before...OMG! Losing weight can make a sane person bat sh*t crazy!!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #29  

My cycle tracker says it's ovulation time...I hope that's it.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #30  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Did I miss last weeks top 20?
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote