Old 03-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'5

bunnabear-you're doing so great!! so close to the 140s!!

Riestrella-*hugs* so sorry to hear you've been struggling. I had some depression issues in high school and i could never figure out anything to really make it better, i just kind of had to ride out the bad times. Of course, in the process of learning that, I ended up in a binge/purge cycle to cope. but i definitely think that once i realized that eventually it would go away and i would feel better, i was able to calm down and just kindof wait for it to pass (usually alone in my room too-i think i wore sweat pants every day that year and didn't really want to be around people much). I think that's one of those things where you just have to do the best you can and be gentle with yourself-I don't know of anyone who can stay 100% focused on weight loss with emotional issues going on! I'd definitely be up for trying to eat less processed food and more real food together-today didn't get off to a good start-we ordered pizza -but I'm currently cooking a pork loin, broccoli, and quinoa for dinner!!

epicskyline-i agree-NO homework should ever be due during a break! but i do feel better now that it's done. sorry this week didn't end up in a loss for you. you should know though, that your weightloss so far has been totally inspiring-i think you're doing awesome!!

augeremt-glad your back! and i agree about daily weighing-that can be so frustrating! good for you for deciding to weigh less often!

om namah shivaya-welcome!

i weighed in this morning and was actually down a bit. i wanted so badly to count that as my weekly weight, but by sunday or monday i'm usually up a bit, so i don't want to set myself up to be frustrated next week. i'll count tomorrow's number DH told me today that he wants to start calorie counting again-i don't know if this is a codependent/bad tendency, but i really think i do better when we're both trying to lose weight. things that i would just shrug off because i think i'm too busy i'll try to make time for if it's going to benefit us both. so i told him i'd help him track. i'm hoping that after spring break i'll be slightly less busy and have a little more time to work out. i keep trying to find the "right" eating and especially exercise plan for myself. i think i need to stop trying to plan and just get moving!! as long as i'm doing something every day, it really doesn't matter what it is-at least for now. Also, DH has a high school reunion coming up-it's exactly 12 weeks from today-i'm trying to use that as some motivation!!

hope everyone's having a great, healthy weekend!!
summerkate83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Everyone sounds really down & out this week We need to kick start back into gear, girls!!

Riestrella - I'm sorry that you are feeling depressed. We have all dealt with moments of it at one or many points in time. It's not about the falling down, it's the staying down. Don't stay down!! So, you messed up on your diet & exercise? BFD! That doesn't negate everything you've done to lose what you have lost. It just means you are stalled out & frustrated & need to refocus. That's all. Nothing more.

I would advise against not doing a crash diet though. They work for a second & then crash & burn. Just do what you KNOW is good for your body. Eat lean proteins, lots of fruits & veggies, & fuel your body with good, nutritious things. I was doing that, had to cut about 150 calories & dropped the last few pounds to get me to goal. Maybe evaluate what you're currently doing, make the changes you need to & see how the scale responds. I bet your mood & disposition will turn around when you watch the numbers move down on the scale

And here is my blog post about my weight loss, complete with lots of photos!!
http://andrearosenbohm.blogspot.com/...s-failure.html

Epic - I hate when the scale doesn't respond like you think it should! Maybe try cutting some sodium & increasing your water for a few days & see if the scale will respond to that.

Headed back down after an amazing Mexican feast at my favorite restaurant in the world the other day Nothing too exciting around here this weekend. Baby girl just went down for a nap, so I'm going to have a Community marathon during her nap. Happy Sunday, girls!
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #183  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Something is finally working for me this week! Feel in the zone!
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

MaddieB - I looooove Community, hope you enjoyed your viewing marathon! And great blog post and pictures! Congrats!

I had been super annoyed at my weight, it was being weird last week and then lady time appeared. TWO WEEKS early (I'm on the pill where you get it 4 times a year) which is why I wasn't even thinking it could be my period. Oh well, hopefully I'll get a new low when it tapers off. That would be nice

I was at a bridal shower for my fiance's cousin yesterday. There was SO MUCH food. Thankfully I sort of behaved myself. I did have a slice of cheesecake and two micro vegan cupcakes but on the flip side I passed on bread, mac and cheese, baked ziti and soda. I'll call that a win. Oh! And there was a lady there that I was very proud of. She pulled a yogurt out of her purse and started eating that when everyone was eating lunch, after she was done with her yogurt she ate a whole plate of veggies and had a half piece of cheesecake. I was mentally cheering her on. I would have felt so awkward about that but no one cared! No one said anything to her. I should use that tactic more often (I do sometimes eat a whole bunch of veggies before going out to eat so I'm less hungry and less likely to cheat).

It's a new week ladies, we can do this! =)

Last edited by Daki; 03-18-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #185  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

[QUOTE=MaddieBPhoto;4671429]Everyone sounds really down & out this week We need to kick start back into gear, girls!!

[QUOTE]

Ugh...this was me. I think it's Spring Fever? Or maybe I was just tired of the routine. I've been seriously slipping since New Year's...not as focused about my food as I had been and telling myself that I was in a plateau. I finially plugged in my food on Spark People and saw that I was eating about 500 more calories (per day) than I had been. Plateau explained. So I got back on the case and the weight has started coming off again.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #186  
Finally in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieBPhoto View Post
Everyone sounds really down & out this week We need to kick start back into gear, girls!!

Ugh...this was me. I think it's Spring Fever? Or maybe I was just tired of the routine. I've been seriously slipping since New Year's...not as focused about my food as I had been and telling myself that I was in a plateau. I finially plugged in my food on Spark People and saw that I was eating about 500 more calories (per day) than I had been. Plateau explained. So I got back on the case and the weight has started coming off again.

Last edited by ChickieBoom; 03-18-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'5

maddieb-the community marathon sounds lovely!

Daki-that is pretty cool that that lady felt comfortable bringing her own food/cutting way down on the food at the shower. i always get SO self conscious doing stuff like that. but the few times I have, no one has really seemed to care. what you had sounds way better though-i LOVE cupakes!!!

chickieboom-i was really surprised when i started using myfitnesspal again (it's a calorie counting site)-my estimates are ok, but there's nothing like really seeing the number of calories you're eating right in front of you!

Ladies, I'm feeling great about myself today, and since usually when I post I'm kicking myself for "not doing well" or whatever, I thought I'd share while I'm in this good mood! I was in the ladies room at school today, and as I was about to leave, another girl stopped me to ask me if I was Lebanese. She said she'd been meaning to ask me. I told her that I'm a quarter Italian, and she was like "ohh, you have this ethnic look. you're very pretty." Made my day! I don't wear makeup or wax my eyebrows, I let my hair do it's own curly, crazy thing, I'm just generally not into trying to change my natural appearance. And people have told me before that I'd be prettier if I just did.....(insert advice here). It just really made me feel good to hear that today. And I started thinking about my diet...I haven't lost many pounds since starting this challenge, but the foods I have been eating have been alot better. We've started shopping at the farmer's market. The milk I drink comes from cow that aren't fed hormones. The eggs that I eat come from farmers who let their chickens run around all day. I'm eating complex carbs and fruits and veggies. I may not look that different on the outside, but I definitely think that my insides are made up of better things than they were in January. I'm just glad I'm making the effort!
summerkate83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

summerkate83 - Sounds great that your hubby wants to join you! It's generally easier to be on plan when the people around you are doing the same thing. I wish you luck with balancing that and your busy life. Also, you have the right idea about not finding the "right" plan but instead making an effort to move every day. I used to get so stressed out about planning exercise and meals that if something came up to disrupt my "perfect" plan, I couldn't deal and would just give up altogether. Now, I have a general idea of what I want to do each week (3 runs and 2 bike rides, and maybe a gym day or two) and I pick whichever one goes along with my mood and the weather and don't stress about the order of things. It's made me much saner and much more successful because this method is manageable for my lifestyle.

Daki - Good job on passing up the mac and cheese and other delicious goodies. That's definitely a win in my book! I don't know if I could've had the same will-power.

ChickieBoom - That's awesome that you were able to identify the cause of your plateau so easily and fix it! Geebus, you've lost a lot of weight. Amazing!

As for me, I've finally hit that much-awaited onederland a few days ago and although I promised myself I'd stop weighing in daily, I can't help myself. I want to know if the onederland is for real or if it's just a one-day fluke. Well, it is legit because I've been at 199.0, 199.0, and 198.0 three days in a row so I can stop being paranoid that I'm not losing weight. I thought I would feel super psyched about seeing the "1" on the scale, but it was more relief than anything since I'd been waiting for it for a week.

Anywhos, I've been getting a few comments from friends and coworkers about my weight-loss, which is awesome but also really weird that they've all come in the span of the same week and not earlier. It suddenly must be noticeable to others even though it isn't so much for me. I mean, my clothes fit better but I look the same in the mirror in my opinion. Overall, I still can't believe I've lost this much weight so maybe my brain just can't comprehend it or something which is why I'm in denial.

Other than that, I'm out of the funk I was in before. I think that's because the scale finally budged and I can see my efforts are actually leading to progress, but I should tie my emotions to the success or failure of my weight-loss. So that's something I'm going to have to work on this week and beyond.
augeremt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #189  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I've been absent for several days due to work. A couple of thirteen hour days got in the way of logging on and got in the way of exercise. I missed my Ripped in 30 workout Monday and yesterday. I'll use one of those days as my rest day but then I'm still a day off. I did manage, knowing I wouldn't get to work out, to keep my calories under my goal for days that I don't exercise so that was good. Weight is up slightly due to TOM so hopefully by weigh-in on Friday it will normalize somewhat. I'll have to catch up on posts in a bit. Hope everyone is doing well!
bunnabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #190  
Finally in control.

augeremt - I know. I almost can't believe how much I've lost but thank goodness I stuck to it this time!

It's the first day of Spring! Woo hoo...now this Bikini Ready Challenge is starting to sink in. I don't know that I'll be in anyone's bikini but I'd love to feel comfortable in a swimsuit again!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #191  
Ted's Pants!

S/C/G: 223/223/150

Height: 5'5"

I know I'm super late joining in, but I'd love to be part of this! I'm starting at 177.4 today but I'm pretty sure some of that is period bloat
BananaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Missed you ladies! Been on a ice cream and veg diet and made it to 145.. Within one 1 week. .. Feeling good.. Keep up the good work ladies.. Trying to get these abs right!
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I sucked at the 30 day shred. Doing it every day got difficult when I was in vacation, spending the night at my BF's, etc, excuses, excuses. :P I made it to day 9 last week, so I think I'm just going to pick up where I left off & see how I feel when I finish it.
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Finally getting back into doing my Pilates everyday! Love the way it works my muscles without feeling like I got beat up. Still slowly & steadily moving down the ticker. This weekend is packed with lots of going out with friends, so I'll be up, but I can just take next week to come back down. Biggest thing will be keeping up with my Pilates even though I'm eating out. And we don't eat out often, so I'm going to enjoy myself.

Happy Thursday, girls!

Where is our Riestrella??
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #195  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

So apparently taking 2 days off from working out was a good thing. I had some great strength gains and the 8 lb weights for RI30 seemed almost too light for me the past couple of days. Today is official weigh in and I'm 150 on the nose. I'm hoping the end of TOM brings a number in the 140s! It looks like the posting volume has slowed a bit on here so perhaps everyone is as crazy busy as I have been. I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there.
bunnabear is offline   Reply With Quote