Looking for support--new thread

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Oh my gosh CONGRATULATIONS princess phoebe, that is awesome! I haven't felt that feeling in awhile, now you are inspiring me by making me remember how great it is! It will be a small portion dinner for me tonight!

Good luck on exams ressey, I think we have all been in that boat and know how stressful it can be.

Hi again Girlie! Nice to have you back. So you like soymilk? I am a vegetarian but can't get into it at all - of course then again I don't like regular milk either. I was always a water drinker given the water or milk choice at dinner growing up!

Chubs2-thanks for looking into the movie title for me, I appreciate it.

Hope everyone else is doing well, welcome to all the new people-

Krista
  • Girlie one more thing, about your visit with your mom, I have the same problem only it is with my grandma. The one thing that I have found to work is just the direct approach, saying something to the effect of, "You might not be able to tell, but I have lost some weight recently and I am really proud of myself and I would really appreciate any encouragement and support that you can give me so that I keep it up and don't get down on myself." That usually stops the nagging and funnels it into encouragement which is a FAR more motivating force. Good luck and try to enjoy your visit even if she does nag by remembering how well you are doing!
  • Heya!
    Krista - thanks for the support...she probably wouldn't believe me if I did say I have lost weight. I can't believe how she ruined my trip last time. But I'm going to work out every day there and stock here fridge up with the good stuff I'm eating here. It sucks because good vegetarian foods are so expensive! I hope I find something really good over there! At least my BF will be with me, and he can be my witness for losing weight!

Chubs2- I think your workout strategies are neat! The main thing is to keep moving!

Ressey - I hear ya about class! I work full time and am wondering how I'm going to get all of these final projects done...I'm an advertising major and will be so sick of designing ads by the time the semester is over!

Princessphoebe- that's great for you...I can't wait until my clothes start feeling looser! My BF says he can tell, but I sure can't!

Talk to you all soon!
  • Hey Girlie! you're right, good veggie foods are expensive, although I bet they are cheaper out here because they are pretty popular - there are 4 organic/whole food grocery stores within walking distance of my house so that says something. Speaking of, my roommate's cooking tofu tacquitos tonight, mmm...

Have a great day everybody!
  • hey all!!

thanx for the congrats!! it does feel great.. it feels like it happened over night.. but i know it didn't... i think alot of it is stress related.. damn school.. and those finals!!
    but i am so happy... my frinds got a kick out of me today because i had a book crisis and i was running all over campus... and every 2 seconds i was like damn these pants!!! i had to hold on to them!!

so my advise... a great workout.. run around like a maniac.. and fight with ur pants!

i wish u all lots of love luck, and support!!

i forgot wo said this.. but i hadn't seen results in soo long.. then... the pants! lol... as odd as it sounds.. it is one of the best.. yet humbling experiences!!

sorry i keep talking about my pants!! im just really excited!!

hugs and love!
  • For those of you who celebrate the Easter Holiday, Happy Good Friday, for those of you who don't just plain old happy Friday, it's sunny in Chicago today and it feels great! The sun always puts me in such a good mood, those of you in California are so lucky.

Anyway, Krista A. here is the title of the tape I use, "Precision Toning: The Complete Method with Jennifer Kreis" I got it at Target for under $10 it contains a short warmup and then about 40 minutes of pilates exercises. Since honestly it's the only pilates exposure I've had other than looking at pictures of moves in magazines, I don't have anything to compare it to, but I do enjoy it and find it challanging, and I find it to be a good workout fillin on nights I have to work late and miss my usual workout class.

Some of you have hit on one of the things that I've complained about too, the price and availablility of healthier food. Ever notice how outragously priced salads are in restaurants? And when you need something quick, cheap fast food is on every corner. Do any of you all have any tricks?

Continued congrats for all of you who are doing their best to dig in even though your lives are stressed to the max-keep it up-thanks for listening-chubs2
  • Weekend
    Ahh..it's so nice outside...I have to do some research here....this evening before it gets dark, my BF and I are going to do this 20 mile bike ride, and hopefully we'll have time to do it tomorrow too. I'm so excited...my butt isn't! I need to get a new seat for my bike!

Hope all of you are doing well!

Girlie
  • Happy spring break to those of you who are on it - I am, yippee! Leaving tomorrow for a week in Sedona, AZ. Hope everyone has a great week.

Chubs2 thanks for the tape info, I'll check it out next time I'm at Target!

Talk to you all next week-

Krista
  • Hi ladies! Please forgive me for being such a stranger.

The past month has been so hectic. Everything always seems to happen at once. Besides moving I was putting in 12 hr days at work and came down with a bad cold. I am finally settled into my new place! It feels great to be settled in and back on my regular schedule. I'm back in the gym and actually have healthy food in the fridge to eat! Time to get busy and make up for the past month. Not to mention I bought a great new swimsuit that I want to look good in by the summer!

How is everyone doing? I noticed some great success posts. Congrats! Welcome to the new faces. It's great to be back!

Well, done with lunch and time to get back to work. Chat more later.

Rex
  • Just checking in, hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Now that the weather is a little warmer here in Chicago, I'm adding walks to my lunch break. I'm also entering month 3 of the self challenge, anyone else still participating? Take care everybody, chubs2
  • Diet sodas
    Has anyone else tried diet RC? I was a diet Coke addict for 10yrs, but as soon as I tried diet RC I was hooked. It's sweetened with Splenda which is actually made from sugar and doesn't leave any nasty aftertaste. I despise diet Rite--nastiest stuff I've ever tried!! Now diet RC is a friend to me--but I've cut down to one or two a day. My dentist actually told me that diet sodas are harder on teeth than regular ones; apparently they add more acid to get the flavor closer to right which wears away the enamal on your teeth. Has anyone else tried diet RC? And BTW you can buy Splenda sweetener in packets and in a box. It's a little pricey but everyone says you can bake/cook with it which would save a lot of calories in muffins and stuff (stuff that probally still wouldn't be healthy ).