Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 01:02 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Yep...I'm a Newbie!!

Hi all-

I have already posted on a couple of threads, but thought I would Properly introduce myself!

I am 25, recently married from MN. I have always been active and now since becoming married and having an office job, I have totally stopped all activity.

My current weight is my highest @ 185lbs. My goal is to get back to 140lb. I was there not too long ago so I am hoping my body will remember it's way back . I have never been a "skinny" girl. I have always been rather curvey so I know my dress size always looks better than my actual weight. But I know that if I don't do something now, I could eventually slip far enough past getting back to where I want to be that it makes it really hard.

I have done SlimFast, which worked but once I stopped I gained. So I don't want to do that, I want to eat sensibly and lose on my own so I can keep that weight when I reach it. As some of you probably have read, My main goal is to fit into a Bridesmaid's dress by October... I measured in at a size 18 and I ordered a 14, telling them that I would fit into it when it's time!! So, I am picking it up tonight and we will see how far I really have to go.

My main thing is to lose the rolls, this is the first time in my life that I have felt sick to look in a mirror or see my stomach rolls through my shirt! I need a change and I am hoping this board with all it's good motivation and seeing everyones successes will keep me moving!!!

Hope to get to know you all better!!
Old 06-06-2003, 02:56 PM   #2  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Welcome Golfer!!!! Glad to see that you've come to the site for support. May I suggest starting a journal on here. I know that it helps me to write down what I did right and what I did wrong. Also reading other peoples journal gives me motivation to lose weight.

Once again, welcome to 3FC and hope you have lots and lots of success.
Closed Thread