Old 02-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/146/115 (HW of 198)

Height: 5'2

Smile New to the board!

Hi everyone!

I wanted to introduce myself rather than creepily lurk and suddenly start responding to posts.

I'm 28 and recently moved to Torontomafter living in the Caribbean and working for all inclusive resorts for the last several years. NOT good for the waistline!

I've struggled with my weight since I was about 8 years old, and have been conscious of my weight bothering my mother since then...the other mothers would make comments about her "big" daughter.

I hit 5'2 when I was 10 years old, and that's been my height ever since. In high school my weight fluctuated in the 140s, and I very much got the freshman 15. After that I did Atkins which worked, and I dropped from 165 to 140 in a few months...but wound up hospitalized and losing my hair.

After I went back to school I ballooned to a horrific 198 lbs in 6 months. I may have hit 200 but I never saw it literally on a scale. I was a size 18/20 at 5 ft 2! for more than 2 years, and it was dreadful on my self esteem and relationships with my family.

Finally I signed up for Jenny Craig. In about 6 months I lost 60 lbs and got to 138, which for me is a size 8.

I managed to keep that weight off for about 2 years but it slowly crept on back up to 180.

Through diet and exercise I'm happy to say that I'm back down to the 150s, but now I have an amazing bf who hopefully will one day be my husband. If that is the case, I don't want to rush and struggle and probably cry at my fat pictures on my wedding day.

I'd like to no longer own a normal, a heavy and a fat version of myself wardrobe. I refuse to throw things away because I never know when I will need them.

I've signed up for a personal trainer who I see twice a week, and I've been working out on my own as well.

My awesome bf is a chef, so I've enlisted his assistance in creating healthy, but good tasting food.

While I've been told my whole life that at 5'2 my goal weight should be 105, my trainer told me I'm currently at about 32% body fat, and that my lean muscle weight is already 117...I'm just naturally never going to be tiny tiny.

As such, I've settled my goal weight at 130 lbs, or 12% body fat...whatever feels healthy and looks good as I move along.

I'm really looking forward to a community with great success stories, but also understanding when sometimes that pie In the store literally is too good to resist.

I can't wait to get to know you all and be a part of your successes too!
Bex1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

that's quite a story! welcome to the boards!

i think it's pretty awesome your bf is a chef and being supportive

good luck!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #4  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Hi, I am 5'2 also, just bearly lol. I can see 105 being too small, at least for me. Our goal weight r similar and I have been close to 200 as well. Cheers to us keeping it off this time. U sound like u have made a good plan for yourself, look forward to seeing your success stories.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 166/165/125

Height: 5'2"

I totally understand what it is like to be short and fat as well! I always wanted to grow a few inches so it wouldn't look so bad! I am new to the 3FG as well and hope we can find success together! I am currently 9 months from getting married and could punch myself for not losing weight earlier. I'be gained 40 pounds since I moved back home to be closer to my fiancee. I guess love does make you gain!! Good luck with your weight loss!
missteach11 is offline   Reply With Quote