Old 01-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #1  
under construction

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Am I the only one who feels old?

i cant help but feel like my weight makes me feel old ....

im 25 and a size 16 sometimes i feel great when i leave my house but then ill get to the store and see all the other girls my age and theyre complaining about wearing a size 6 dress while im grumbling about the lack of dress selections in my size they have an entire store to choose from .... they seem so young and carefree and fun

i feel old and out of place in certain stores and then other stores make me want to cry i dont want to wear mom jeans and sweaters i want to wear fun trendy ridiculously impractical clothing

i strive to dress the way i like instead of settling for whats in my size but its not easy (or cheap ! ) and im tired of it

when i go out dancing it takes me all day to find something acceptable to wear , my best friend can close her eyes stroll into conway with 15 dollars and come out with a cute dress

am i the only one who feels this way??
modifyeddoll87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 378/tickers/145

Height: 5'4"

Nope, you're not the only one. It's a huge thing with me, actually. Being from the south, people say "miss" or "mrs" (pronounced "miz", though) a lot according to age rather than marriage status (there are exceptions, but whatever). I'd get called "mrs" all the time because of how I looked and it'd make me SO depressed.

Definitely feel you on that one.
coolacrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #3  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Nope, you're not. I've been fighting this battle my entire life. I was in women's sizes at a young age, and between the lack of budget and thus the majority of my wardrobe being courtesy of my 75 year old grandmother and her sears card, I always felt frumpy. I remember being thrilled beyond words when I was 15 and got to spend my birthday money at Penningtons. I bought snakeskin pants of all things!

Then when I got older, I got really heavy, so I've never been able to dress chic. I can't even shop for clothes in the town I live in yet, and that's after a 75 pound loss.

I feel like I've wasted some of the best parts of youth. But I look forward to shopping like crazy soon!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW:325/CW:290/GW:179

Height: '5"11

I'm 22. When I go shopping with my younger sisters (ages 20,18, 15) I feel like curling up in the corner and crying forever....but I don't, I just walk around pretending to be enjoying myself, lol. I am able to find a lot of clothes I like but they are expensive and the skinny girls don't want to go to the fat girl stores so you can find clothes! I always get mad because the plus size section of the store is literally one little corner and the skinny people have the rest of the store to choose from, seems
so unfair!
MegaMegan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
I feel like I've wasted some of the best parts of youth. But I look forward to shopping like crazy soon!
I said this exact same conversation with my husband a few days ago. I feel like my face (and boobs!) look so much older than I really am. I also feel like I don't have any style because I was stuck wearing what fit instead of what I like. Now I'm fashion lost! It feels overwhelming some days...
PomWonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #6  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I've never been one to care much about fashion, but I actually had an issue where people would mistake me for being much younger than I actually am because I had huge chipmunk cheeks...I once even got carded to get a haircut because the stylist flat out refused to believe I was a day over 13 and that I'd driven myself to the appointment (I was 20 at the time). I think I'd rather put up with being called Mrs. than go back and face all of the condescension I got because of what everyone mistook for "baby fat."
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #7  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I had the opposite problem. I looked 18 at 12, and since I've been this big I've been mistaken for 35 at 22. I'm actually enjoying the fact that weight loss is "reverse aging" me.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #8  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

I've been on both sides of that...when I was around my heaviest, at 19 and 20, people regularly assumed I was in my late 20's, and even 30...Now that I lost most of the weight, people always mistake my 24 year old self for someone alot younger...About a month ago, I had some college aged men ask me what highschool I attented as I was walking by 0.o A guy I went out with a few times, who's in his 30's, and ended up as friends with, told me while on our third date, I reminded him of someone much younger, not because of my personality, but my "babydoll" face 0.o On another date(with a 33 year old), after the 5th time going out, he wanted to see my drivers licesnes to make sure I was 24 0.o

Last edited by baker23; 01-14-2013 at 06:28 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #9  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Ditto!!! I am 23 and I feel so old :\ It's like what happened? Someone thought I was 18 when I was 13 and when I was 18 a guy I was seeing thought I was 30 UGH. my bf now thinks I look my age, IDK if that's cause I was 15 lbs lighter when I met him or because he's trying to be nice. Whatever the issue. I am waiting till I get to a lower weight to change my hair color and dress in inaproppriate clothing because I can. I was SOOOOO close to what is "overweight" BMI for me because I am so tall and have a large bone structure (yes, this seriously exists, who knew!) but gained the weight back because I listened to a nutritionist WWAAAHHHH.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: S/C/G 290/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7

I always feel old when I go out w/ my friends. Especially to a club or party. I want to dress sexy but I dont like wearing short dresses and hate wearing anything that doesn't cover my arms. I always end up dressing kind of out of place. My friends say I dress "classy" when I go out - haha, I dont take that as a compliment but it just confirms that I do in fact look out of place.

I also get told that I look older. I was hanging w/ a guy friend and a random stranger asked if I wash is mom! Seriously Im only 20 years old
ASaladandaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #11  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I feel old the heavier I get...
I've always looked young for my age, until the pounds started packing on.
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/204/140

Height: 5'

I know exactly how you feel! I am also only 25, but sometimes I feel like I have no choice but to dress like I'm 50. My weight makes me have extra cleavage that I have to cover up, pants just look frumpy no matter what...I wish I could just shop in a regular store already!
Lindsayanne716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:53 AM   #13  
On my way to Skinny!

S/C/G: SW220/150-160GW

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by modifyeddoll87
i cant help but feel like my weight makes me feel old ....

im 25 and a size 16 sometimes i feel great when i leave my house but then ill get to the store and see all the other girls my age and theyre complaining about wearing a size 6 dress while im grumbling about the lack of dress selections in my size they have an entire store to choose from .... they seem so young and carefree and fun

i feel old and out of place in certain stores and then other stores make me want to cry i dont want to wear mom jeans and sweaters i want to wear fun trendy ridiculously impractical clothing

i strive to dress the way i like instead of settling for whats in my size but its not easy (or cheap ! ) and im tired of it

when i go out dancing it takes me all day to find something acceptable to wear , my best friend can close her eyes stroll into conway with 15 dollars and come out with a cute dress

am i the only one who feels this way??

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
mateosmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #14  
Awesome member!

S/C/G: 205.4/186.8/138

I know exactly how you feel! I am 27 and since my weight gain (over the past 2 years) I have started to feel really old! My boyfriend and I used to go to the mall all the time to walk around and shop but I just started getting too sad just going there!

I can't fit into anything and I have to shop at stores like Reitmans. Not that there is anything wrong with a store like that but I am only 27 and I need to wear clothes that are way older than me! Either that or I just walk around in "work out" clothes because they are stretchy. And, let's be honest, I am not fooling anyone into thinking I just came back from yoga!

I feel your pain! Also, I hate that size zeros can get a whole wardrobe for $25 because that is all the sales racks have!
emmablack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #15  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

When I was first dating my fiancé, it got back to me that someone asked him if I was his date or his mom. :-/ I dressed a lot better after that.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote