Old 12-31-2012, 01:21 AM   #1  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Default Stagnant!

I started at 287 back in May of 2010 and have been bouncing between 234-244 for over a year. I have been struggling to get out of the 30's and into a new decade for so long and it is so frustrating to me. I have so many life goals that I feel like my weight is holding me back on and I'm so frustrated.

I've recently signed up for Weight Watchers. I am a big fan of trying to do this on my own. I've counted calories, changed my eating habits completely, and read half a dozen books on paleo/clean eating. I intend on keeping my good eating habits while I do Weight Watchers but I almost feel defeated turning to yet another program to help me.

Is anyone else feeling as defeated and stagnant as I?
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:42 AM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

You've maintained a loss from 287 to 234.

I am a big fan of WW, I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for WW. So I'm biased.

Are you going to go to WW meetings or doing it online?

I find going to meetings works for me. It gives me the accountability I need to stick with it. Meetings also put me in contact with folks with the same issues and folks that have tips and tricks I never thought of, plus the weekly discussions are also helpful.

Basically with the meetings, I don't feel so alone, there are other people in the same boat as me. It's comforting and uplifting and motivating to hang out with folks who get it!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:41 AM   #3  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

I tried WW and it just wasn't for me. I paid for a month, so I went during that time but never found a meeting that suited me. The vibe was just very strange. Some people really enjoy the "social" aspect of it. I did not. I know several people who have had success on WW, so I'm sure the program is sound. It just wasn't my thing.

I've been at 160-something for about a year. 163-175 usually. Its disappointing, because I remember being all gung-ho about workout out and losing weight last year but then I got dumped and sort of quit life for like six months. When I got back into the swing of, ya know, getting out of bed and having a job...didn't get back to worrying about my weight until a few weeks ago. So frustrated that it should take ~4 months to lose this weight and an entire year has passed without progress.

But hey, the past has passed. No going back. We are here now and its the perfect time to make this thing happen.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote