Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

baker - NICE job, congrats! I also used to work in pastry. I did some cake decorating, but I primarily did ornate cookie decorating and then near the end I worked primarily in French pastry, specializing in French macarons. That's a hard industry to work in, so kudos to you! My feet certainly don't miss the job .

Song Of Surly Glad to hear your back is doing better! I'm also doing C25k on top of my other work outs, currently on week 2. Just keep on trucking and I bet you could make it to onederland by Valentine's day! Never know unless you try, right?

KellinaKatrina I am DYING to do one of those zombie runs! I am trying to get a group together to do one in May, but we'll see.

Riestrella - Sounds like it was very cool despite the seating! I'm a long time Muse fan but have yet to see them live. Someday soon hopefully! Be sure to let us know how it goes with Jillian .

Pink Hurricane - Kittens definitely make life crazy, but you just can't resist those little faces and big spirits!

I ended the week with a solid drop but that might be due to not being able to keep anything down yesterday (food posioning). But hopefully it sticks tomorrow! I'm about to go to the box and do a DOOZY of a workout. Not too much heavy lifting as it is a major heavy breather! It totals 1600 meters of running (400 meters breaking up each movement), 100 air squats, 100 double unders (300 singles in my case ), 100 25# plate overhead walking lunges, and 100 barbell (35#) thrusters. I'm hoping for a time under 30 minutes, but we'll see. These are the kind of workouts that really challenge me mentally so I hope it doesn't break me down too bad.

Last edited by ParkTrot; 01-14-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #257  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

Riestrella - Day 4 for me. I woke up to the back of my thighs killing me. The pain was crazy! Yet during the workouts I feel fine. The aftermath is sore muscles so it's gotta be working! Good Luck on your Body revolution journey!

Baker 23- Congrats on the new job!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the welcomes ladies!
I started Insanity today-it was just a 25 minute fitness test, but it was HARD! My main fitness goal is to get better/faster at running. I did a half marathon about a week ago-I wasn't happy at all with my time and I think if I had some muscle in my legs it would really help. We'll see how it goes!

Pink hurricane-good luck with the P90x!

KellinaKatrina-I’m sure you’re going to knock em dead at that reunion!

Song of Surly-I vote you get yourself something nice for Valentine’s Day whether you make the mini goal or not-you deserve it!

Baker23-yeah for getting the new job!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #259  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Summerkate-I managed two weeks of insanity to help my running as well, in December...I couldn't stick with it because I refused to alternate days between that and running, and got burnt out doing both...I heard its fanastic for uping your endurence...Best of luck to you...
Old 01-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #260  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Summerkate~ I cannot wait to start Insanity! I am going to after finishing this round of P90X and having that recovery period before I begin. My husband and I bought it and can't wait to start it!

I began a new round of P90X and completed day two of Phase 1. I am doing the Lean program, and I am thinking of switching the Yoga days with Plyo instead. Just a thought so we will see!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

it's so nice to be able to talk to people who know about P90X and Insanity! I don't know many outside of here.

Baker23-did you feel like it helped your running at all? I'm undecided on whether or not to try to run while I'm doing Insanity. On the one hand, I want to train for another half marathon RIGHT NOW to redeem myself from the bad one I just had, but on the other hand I'm thinking about just focusing on Insanity for right now and then see where my running's at when I'm done with it. I just can't decide!

Pink Hurricane-I'm really interested to hear about your P90X experience as you go through it! We (me and my husband) were trying to decide between P90X and Insanity-we ultimately decided to do Insanity because it takes less time and equipment, but I may try to do P90X at some other time.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #262  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Lots of people doing HI workouts here. Do you all like them? I'm currently starting a modified version of the workouts in The New Rules of Lifting for Women. I don't have a bar yet, so I'm having to modify some of the workouts for dumbbells and body weight exercises. I do so much cardio the other days of the week that I really wanted to focus on throwing around some weight so I don't lose too much muscle. Do you all find that HI workouts build as much muscle as lifting?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #263  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

I think I'm doing pretty good with the weight loss. My official WI day is tomorrow. I've been low-carbing it. Had my 1st workout of 2013 last night- Kickboxing. I can totally feel it today! I ran into a girl there I used to work with, so we might meet up there every Monday. I have another friend with a summer swimsuit goal. We decided to plan a beach vacation as extra motivation. It's hard to quit when you know you have to frolic next to skinny friends on the beach!

Riestrella- I'm so jealous that you have Body Revolution! I told myself I have to actually finish 30 day shred and ripped in 30 before I purchase something else.

lilypad91- Don't feel bad! A loss is a loss, and a win is a win! The scale is moving in the right direction!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #264  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Just joined this challenge- super exciting!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #265  
TV Watcher

S/C/G: 232/208/160

Height: 5'6"

So far I've lost almost 3 pounds and am just about to head out to the gym and try to extend my cardio by a few more minutes. I hope everyone is doing well
Old 01-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #266  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
did you feel like it helped your running at all
After the first week(and still feeling sore,) I felt like it was easier to run...I felt like I could keep going....strange feeling...and I really wish I would have stuck with it, but I just couldn't make it work without getting to exausted...

I am exausted today...started my new job and got off a 10 hour shift...got home and realized I only ate 350 calories 0.o...so I at a big meal a spaced it over two hours....WAY low on what I needed today but this always happens with a new job 0.o...Didn't do my running today, but I'll pick it back up tomorrow...hope everyone had an amazing on plan day
Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #267  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

I've been gaining weight allll week. It's really frustrating, but since I've been pretty much on plan, the only thing it could be is the strength training I've been doing. I've been doing 50 jumping jacks, 100 butt kicks, 80 squats, 50 crunches, light weightlifting, 3 sixty second planks and 15 push-ups.

I have to keep in mind that I'm doing the right thing and to keep drinking water, and hopefully the weight loss will catch up.

Has anyone else downloaded the Nike+ Running app? I tried it for the first time today. It's really awesome! I'm looking forward to using it to get super hot for the summer.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

epicskyline - Hang in there girl! Just keep doing what you're doing and the scale will catch up. Though I know the feeling, it's frustrating.

Well I overcame a huge obstacle today, which is going to seem silly to some but it was a HUGE deal for me. I wore shorts to my gym. Not just any shorts, but the black, snug spandexy kind . Here's the thing, I LOVE my legs because they are my strongest and most defined muscle. However, I've been incredibly worried about wearing shorts to my gym because I work out with some FIT and muscular women and I struggle with not comparing myself at times. On top of that, I have my own self conscious issues due to some fat on my inner thighs and stretch marks. But after some anxiety on the drive over, and having to have my friend talk me into going...I finally wore the damn shorts! Dare I say, I think I looked alright.

Now I feel compelled to go out and buy myself a nice pair of Lululemon shorts...I feel so oddly liberated!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:08 AM   #269  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! Here is the Overall Chart for week 2. princessgina has completely kicked everyone's fine behinds and taken the lead after a huge loss this week! She said she'd own this week and she sure did. Remember, the overall chart can be viewed in the spreadsheet via the tab at the bottom, so see where you rank and step it up to get into the top 20!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 175/143/130

gahhhhhhh I'm up 1 lb on the scale! I know it is probably water weight but I did have a terrible day yesterday. Not too much over on my cals but STILL! I hope this is just TOM or something.... boo.
Closed Thread