3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Bikini Ready 2013 Challenge - Who's with me?! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/271607-bikini-ready-2013-challenge-whos-me.html)

tinneranne2 12-29-2012 12:04 AM

triptriptrip the Shred is (for me) an absolute killer! Ugh. Just once I want a chubby chick in the video, red-faced and panting while doing the exercises. lol. I just finished L1D3 (twice today bc I felt ambitious).

BippityBoppety Don't be scared, the Shred will totally kick your butt in a good way. The great thing about videos is that you can pause it until you can catch your breath and then restart. You can make it happen.

A few other girls are doing the Shred as well, you guys are more than welcome to swing by the thread and share your 30DS experience. :)

ruby5839 12-29-2012 12:21 AM

Yay! Glad this is back! Last winter, this challenge helped me get on track with my diet/fitness to feel comfortable enough to wear a bikini in public for the first time in my life!

I totally fell off the wagon after my vacation and have really been struggling to get back into a routine. I'm supposed to go on vacation again in 2 months so hopefully that motivation and this challenge can help me get back into a healthy routine.

Hope you are all enjoying the holidays!

bunnabear 12-29-2012 08:50 AM

I previously got down to 145 and then fell off the wagon hard so here I am back at 163. I'm hoping I'll be at least down to 145 for my April trip though the weight is slow to come off. I'm also monitoring inches since that seems to change more for me than the actual weight. I think this thread and the accountability will be a great help! I'm doing Zumba, brisk walking, and Fluidity. I change up my routine each week using combinations of those.

Riestrella 12-29-2012 09:10 AM

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd stop by to share a great infographic I was shown a year or so ago that I just found after about 10 google searches. It shows you what you can eat pre and post workout depending if it's strength or cardio you're doing. Hope you find it useful!

http://greatist.wpengine.netdna-cdn....-Nutrition.png

lisa34t 12-29-2012 04:32 PM

Riestrella- good info! Must use!

Changergirl 12-29-2012 07:38 PM

That is awesome info. Thanks for posting. Now I just need to figure out a way to save it on my computer or print it to put on my fridge!

Changergirl 12-29-2012 11:13 PM

I just took some before pictures. My butt is definitely in need of the most help! Is anybody else planning on taking pictures or already have??

Tillie 12-30-2012 12:13 AM

Riestrella, great info! Thanks for sharing.

I bought a new pair of tennis shoes today. Last pair gave me a painful rash. my feet (mostly ankles) would itch, burn, and sometimes develop bumps if I wore them for more than 30 min. it was so painful and uncomfortable. turns out there is a chemical in sneakers called PTBP-FR that some people are allergic to. So, I bought nice PTBP-FR-free Adidas to replace my itchy Nikes. Anyway, the point is, I am now officially ready for the challenge.

tinneranne2 12-30-2012 12:43 AM

Changergirl I took before shots and measurements a couple days ago since I'm doing the Shred for the first time. I'm really hoping to see a difference at the end of the month and even moreso by the end of this challenge! Oddly enough I'm fine with my back and side chub...its just my wiggly giggly tummy I'm obsessed with axing. lol

Tillie I'm glad you figured out what was giving you the rash. Uncomfortable shoes could have been the perfect excuse to slack off (if you're like me: prone to latching onto any little thing to give yourself an out) so kudos!

penmage 12-30-2012 01:39 AM

Awesome info! I need to print that out.

Beccertink424 12-30-2012 10:22 AM

I am in!! this is a great idea and I love a Challenge. Going to weigh in on thursday and thats when ill start! cant wait!

baker23 12-30-2012 11:28 AM

Muha I wish we wern't weighing this week....PMS and I've already ballooned up a pound xD, with another 2-3 to go....

Riestrella- That is awesome info. I just bookmarked this page for that. Thank you for sharing it...

Changergirl- I'll be taking pictures on the First but not sure if I'll take measurements...I don't have the measuring tape, and I'm already pretty broke, even if only to spend a few bucks...If I can find one lying around, then I'll do it

Tillie-Didn't even know you could be allergic to shoes 0.o OUCH THo...Good luck breaking them in :) I've been using my vibram 5 finger shoes for almost a year now. I dread the day when I have to replace them because their nice and worn in

BippityBoppety 12-30-2012 02:13 PM

Urgh just weighed myself to get my starting weight and it is even more than I imagined, Christmas has not been kind on my waistline! Just realised I have about 90/95 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight. The hard work definitely starts now!

bunnabear 12-30-2012 04:16 PM

baker23 - I'm right there with you on the PMS gain and fear of the week 1 weigh in...ugh!

Diane D 12-30-2012 05:48 PM

Hi, Ladies! I'm brand new -- this is my first posting! I am joining the bikini challenge on Jan. 1. (Fresh start, all that.) This is the year I turn 50. I started gaining weight 20 years ago at 30 and this is going to be the year I get it off! It's going to be fun sharing this journey with you -- Happy New Year!:carrot: