3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Sabotage... Doing it to yourself... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/271438-sabotage-doing-yourself.html)

1yr2mkovr 12-13-2012 12:14 AM

Sabotage... Doing it to yourself...

I was just reflecting on the notion of sabotage... We familiar with that one??

I am.

I started my weightloss journey on July 1st of this year and I very quickly dropped the initial 20 pounds, and not because I was "just starting" and the first few pounds are the easiest, but because I worked for it. I worked really hard for it. I ate really well, only allowing 2/3 cheat drinks at Starbucks per week, I ran, I did a workout DVD, and I felt great about it!

After a few weeks my best friend called with the news that she's getting married and the wedding will be at a resort, on the beach, in February. So I think, this is great because even if my progress slows down, I will have no problems losing this weight in that time frame (weightloss for this wedding was essential because, not only was it going to be on the beach, but many of the people who will be in attandence are my friends from childhood, who haven't seen me in years, and most of whom are ridiculously blessed in the looks department... I don't care if I sound vain, but they only know me as the "skinny" me, and I don't really feel like saying hello, and knowing that they're thinking "wow! What happened to her?" I want to look go for it.)

Anyway, everything was going great! I was motivated, and successful, and then I stopped. Yep. I just stopped. I stopped doing all the things that were helping me be successful, and I don't know why. I went home (to see family) for a week in August, and when I came back, I just didn't do anything to lose this weight. I stopped running. Stopped using the DVD's. Loosened up on my diet...

I have lost weight since August, but I had put minimal effort into it. If I had only tried harder...

Wow! I could have been so much further ahead than I am, and its very frustrating!

Anyway, this brings me to today, and my little glimmer of optimism... Today I am accepting the fact that I had let myself down a little over the past few months, and I am moving on. Chances are that I won't be at my goal weight come this February, but I'm looking forward to being healthier than I am now, whatever that "number" will be. And life doesn't end with the February trip, because after that are March and April, other trips and new activities...

When I look on these message boards I am inspired by your stories and your progress. I look at some of your numbers and I see people who are just starting out, at similar weights that I was in July, and I remember back then looking at memebers who were at my current weight and thinking that even just getting there would be so amazing! And now, here I am, and I need to celebrate what I had accomplished so far. And I also look at memebers who are nearing my goal weight who had been where I am now, and I keep thinking that it's possible. If I just pick myslef up now, I'll get there.

Wow, this is beginning to sound really sappy. Sorry abou that :) I'm just glad that I have this sounding board with people who get the ups and downs of weightloss.

Mozzy 12-13-2012 12:46 AM

Hugs!!!!

drixnot 12-13-2012 08:04 AM

If those people haven't seen you in years... then you haven't seen them either. I think you will discover that many of those "blessed" people have also gained weight.

smashlers 12-13-2012 11:07 AM

I wish I could book my attendance at weddings years in advance so I have something every six months or so to work for. lol. It's weird how, as much as I try not to care what other people think, going back in time to visit with old friends makes weight loss even MORE important!

1yr2mkovr 12-13-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drixnot (Post 4555627)
If those people haven't seen you in years... then you haven't seen them either. I think you will discover that many of those "blessed" people have also gained weight.

No, they update facebook pics VERY often, and they are all super gorgeous and fit... (I have had the same fb photo for the past five years... But looking forward to changing it soon! ;) )

smashlers
"I wish I could book my attendance at weddings years in advance so I have something every six months or so to work for. lol."

OMG!! HAhaha!! So true!!!! Me too!

foreverfaye 12-13-2012 02:46 PM

I know exactly how you feel. If I would've been able to stick to the 1st diet I ever tried, well I wouldn't be here right now. I wouldn't have lost 30lbs only to gain back 40lbs. Its easy to be hypervigilant in the beginning, it takes considerable more effort to be that motivated 2, 3 months in.
Good on you for being honest with yourself & getting back on the horse

LucyOlivia 12-13-2012 03:33 PM

Yes, as foreverfaye says, your honesty is commendable. It sounds like you didn't do so great since August but at least you know it. And that is what will bring you success in the future. Keep going and never stop!

Shrinkberry 12-13-2012 03:49 PM

Don't give up. You gave yourself a year, and have six months to go. Tap into that motivation you had in July and make the next two months count.

Riestrella 12-17-2012 07:16 AM

Your story sounds exactly like mine! So a huge "I know how it feels" hug! It's all about grasping onto those little moments of optimism and running with it. Instead of saying we stopped, lets say we stalled because the latter means that we will continue again to victory! We've got this!

1yr2mkovr 12-17-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riestrella (Post 4558519)
Your story sounds exactly like mine! So a huge "I know how it feels" hug! It's all about grasping onto those little moments of optimism and running with it. Instead of saying we stopped, lets say we stalled because the latter means that we will continue again to victory! We've got this!

I like it!

I stalled. And now I'm movng on! :)