3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Goal! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/271437-goal.html)

lrgemmell 12-12-2012 10:54 PM

Goal!

Hi Guys,

So I've noticed some of you have goals and goal rewards in your signature and I am looking for some ideas!! What kinds of things have you given yourself as a treat or reward once you've reached your goals??

Patrizia 12-12-2012 11:55 PM

I've been using my goals to buy things I've been wanting for a while but shouldn't be spending money on - basically holding my splurges hostage. So far I've gifted myself new lipstick, a phone case, and a pretty glass water bottle (which also helps me drink more water!).

My next big mini-goal is under 40 BMI, so I'm hoping for a new haircut!

1yr2mkovr 12-13-2012 12:29 AM

Great thread!

Well, as I lose weight, I feel more responsible for taking better care of all of myself. So I started buying better beauty products (creams and make up), and I've started investing in clothing (even though this isn't my final weight). I just feel more motivated to put more effort into how I look and feel.

The other thing is that as I get more and more active (as I feel more confident in what I can physically handle) I'm also rewarding myself with certain activities that I had previously neglected because I didn't think I could do them (just trying to have more fun in my life:) ). So there are small things like going hiking and skating, but also bigger adventures like climbing, zip lining and skiing. I'm planning to take classes to get my motorcycle license (not that I'll actually ever get a motorcycle, but it's something I've always wanted to do!)

I'm trying to think of all of the things that I didn't try and didn't do because of my weight, and now I want to catch up with all of those experiences!

Mozzy 12-13-2012 12:49 AM

When I get to onederland, I'm getting my hair did! Lol

sontaikle 12-13-2012 04:22 AM

I never really rewarded myself on the way down, but last year when I hit goal I happened to have a phone upgrade. Perfect excuse for me to buy an iPhone 4s. :lol:

My one year maintenance anniversary present is joining the National Weight Control registry :)

KellinaKatrina 12-13-2012 03:02 PM

When I started in mid-September, I promised myslef a tattoo I've been wanting if I hit 30 pounds gone (and in doing so, onederland!) by New Years. As of this morning I was 198 but only record and "count" what I see on Mondays. Knowing I'm right there is going to push me to be good over the Christmas holiday binges.

My next mini goal is 185 and finally out of the obese BMI category. Haven't though that much ahead on a reward.

**and way to go sontaikle!

lrgemmell 12-13-2012 03:22 PM

Sontaikle - I love your memo! Leveling up is a great way to put it and I love your sonic picture! I'm a gamer too.
Maybe once I hit my first goal, I'll treat myself to Guild Wars, I've been meaning to try it!

epicskyline 12-15-2012 11:19 AM

You know, when I started, I plotted out all of these treats I was going to give myself, but I don't really think I've followed through with any of them. I said that once I got into onederland I would get a tattoo, but that was 25 lbs ago, and I still haven't done it. I think it's because when I was making goals, they seemed so far away. I mean, 63 lbs? That seemed absurd at the time, so why NOT say I would get a tattoo, even though it kind of scares me? LOL. My body called my bluff on that one.

I still want to get a tattoo, but I am going to do it when I am happier with my body. I want to get it on my hip or stomach somewhere, because that will force me to get that area in shape!

For me, the biggest thing is clothes though. I have gone shopping twice so far, once for summer and once for winter. It was amazing to try on clothes and find out what new size I am. What a great feeling!