3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Giving up :-) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/270980-giving-up.html)

Mozzy 12-03-2012 06:12 PM

Giving up :-)

So when I first committed to my weight loss journey in October, I decided to give up all non water beverages. For November, I gave up candy. And now that it's December, I've given up breakfast cereal (my true weakness)!

What have you given up???

lizarddau 12-03-2012 06:17 PM

lol..i have gone cold turkey...lol..lol..lol..all bread, pasta, rice etc...i mainly eat veges and fruit now with low fat milk and coffee and sweetner as my treat..i have a couple of days where i have meat...but i have basically given up most things i ate before...feeling great now..has been 2 weeks!!..yes i gave up cereal a long time ago even though i love it... due to it raising my bsl levels..i am a diabetic and oatmeal and cereals effect me like that...you go girl...sounds as though you are doing the right thing...keep at it!!...cheers liz

ASaladandaDream 12-03-2012 06:24 PM

I gave up breakfast cereal as well! And the prepackaged oatmeals that have a lot of sugar! Other than that... I havent been able to give up much lol. I would really like to give up pop, but..... lol

I have been doing better as far as moderation and finding healthy alternatives to my fav foods tho!

kisskiss 12-03-2012 11:57 PM

I just gave up Regular soda. going on two weeks without it. I was very addicted to it (had a can with my dinner practically everyday) :(
first couple of days were hard, but it gets better, thankfully

KRKitKat 12-04-2012 12:10 PM

At first it was limit soda, then it was all soda even diet. Now I have given up all drinks that are not unsweetened tea, water, coffee or if I'm Dancing/Running I am allowed half a serving of gatoraid mixed with water for electrolyte balance. Cookies are my vice and baking them for the Holidays I have limited myself to no more than 1 of each batch I make just to make sure the consistency of the dough is correct. I've given up margarine and only use butter and I had switched from white rice to brown rice and only have 1 serving a day. (Do you know how hard it is to not eat rice? Or to go to a friend or families house and not eat rice?)

krampus 12-04-2012 12:41 PM

I don't know that there has been a declaration of "giving up" but there are things I used to eat regularly that I now almost never eat:

-Cereal, granola, oatmeal, crackers, etc.
-Regular soda
-Juice
-Pasta with sauce from a jar
-Rice as a side
-Frozen prepackaged meals

StephanieM 12-04-2012 02:10 PM

Same as Krampus, I haven't officially declared giving up these things but I do not eat them anymore:

-Sugar
-Wheat mainly and a lot of other grains
-Juice
-Most processed foods

Most of what I eat now is only bought around the outter side of the store, so only veggies, some fruit, cheese, meat and fish, almond milk, eggs, etc.

Annafterolin 12-04-2012 08:28 PM

I haven't given up anything, but I don't eat as much fast food as I used to. I had Burger King or the first time in over a month...before I'd eat fast food once a week. I also stopped eating as many sweets... I don't cancel anything 100 percent out, but limiting my intake. Feels liberating!

epicskyline 12-04-2012 10:01 PM

I don't drink pop anymore - and I don't miss it! I've given up most fried foods (except to steal one off of a friend's plate), and in fact, now that I've written this, I've realized that I don't remember the last time I ate a french fry! I still eat bread, but rarely.

Pizza has been my hardest thing to give up. It's definitely a trigger food for me. I can't help it though. I'm from Chicago! We're basically all made up of half pizza.

cortandcooper 12-04-2012 10:27 PM

I gave up regular pop. It doesn't feel now like I gave up anything though because the few times that I've had a tiny bit of regular pop since then, it has tasted gross or made me feel bad. I feel like one of those alcoholics who get put on the drugs where alcohol makes them feel like death. That's me and pop now.

I did switch to diet pop. I was a regular pepsi drinker before, and switched to drinking a variety of non-cola pop like diet A&W root beer/cream soda, sprite zero, diet sunkist orange, etc. They all taste like the real thing to me. Lately I've even cut way back on those though, averaging maybe one can a week. The carbonation just doesn't make me feel very good.

puneri 12-04-2012 10:31 PM

Sugar, sweets, wheat, rice
I just eat fruits, lean proteins, increased mono sat fats.

Nayshal 12-04-2012 11:21 PM

Soda -Haven't touched that thing for 3 months now (and counting)
Hamburger - 3 months and counting too!

I haven't had pizza and pasta in 3 months too but that's because I don't know how to count its calories.

Melonlefey 12-04-2012 11:33 PM

I gave up regular soda, all fast foods, and fried foods entirely. Now the mere thought of eating/drinking either makes me sick (and man was I glad when the temptation went away) I also cut WAY back on candy/ice cream but I still indulge a little.

Riestrella 12-05-2012 07:55 AM

What's wrong with cereal?! Haha, I'm surprised how many people have given it up!!

I'm trying hard to give up fizzy drinks...mainly COKE. It's my weakness. I love it with food when I'm out dining. I allow myself to have one when I'm out but never buy it for the house.

Fatness 12-05-2012 07:59 AM

Meat, fast food, pizza, pasta, bread and sweets.

I love hot wings, so I will go to farmfresh and buy 3 small hot wings.