3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   December Chat Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/270892-december-chat-thread.html)

lisa34t 12-02-2012 09:02 AM

December Chat Thread

Hey ladies! Well its the 2nd I'm feeling good about making 199 by January 1. I'm up preping for the well while my Lo is still gone, he hates me to be in the kitchen. I'm making brocolli cheese soup and loaded potatoe soup. My lunches and breakfast have been planned for the week! My Fitbit daily reports are looking awesome....I'm proud to be on track.

Typed on my phone

Phae 12-02-2012 09:51 AM

Good luck making onederland, lisa. I know you can do it!

I ate horribly this weekend and I've been paying for it all night/day. My stomach is killing me. I had chinese buffet Friday night, pizza and chocolate and candy last night. Yuck!! I ate way too much. But now I am back on track and feeling better. I still managed to show a .8 loss this week though. I am down 13lbs now! I am starting to notice my pants are too big, which is both a nice feeling and annoying when they keep falling down!

beahawkins 12-02-2012 03:23 PM

Phae: I know how it feels... I have a pile up to here of barely worn clothes that I am going to try to sell on ebay.

Lisa: good job on the soup making!! How do you like your fit bit? I have been thinking about getting one. I almost did the other day, but my boyfriend was getting restless and I only had that one thing to buy so I didn't want to wait in line... He is harder to shop with than my 4 year old brother.

=====================================

So am I missing my brother. It stinks. He spent 20 of his 30 days for the year so he won't be able to come up again. So, who knows when I'll be able to go to see him.

I checked my weight on MY OWN wii fit. (no more using the stepmoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) And I am down 3 pounds for just the weekend. I AM AMAZED!

I am horribly mad at my boobs. It seems like I am just going down band sizes. I am no longer able to wear Lane Bryant bras. Which stinks. They were the last of the decently priced bras that I could fit in. I had to return an order and while I was there they measured me at a 36 G which should mean a 38 f would fit but it is super uncomfortable.. So, I broke down and started looking at bra blogs and ordered a Panache Cleo Sasha. So heres to that actually fitting. HA.

And my finals start on Wedesday and don't end until 12/14. So I guess I will be stressed for the next 2 weeks? Ok. Hope all is good!!

Quiet Ballerina 12-02-2012 05:16 PM

Thanks for starting the December thread Lisa! You definitely sound like you're on a great plan for the upcoming week!

Phae I know how you feel. :(

beahawkins Hope things....change the way you want them to. :) It's so frustrating to buy new bras.

Things have been going well for me. Watching my calories, but partially because I've been spending so much time packing and moving that meals sometimes take a back seat. I still have a lot of stuff to move, but there is time. Still so excited about my new place!

$$ hurts a little this month though. Had to pay rent at my old and new place, plus Christmas is coming up....eek. I'll have to really watch my spending.

Hotaruchan 12-03-2012 02:32 AM

Hey guys...I'm back (like a bad penny...)!

Lisa: Those soups sound AMAZING. I was intending to do a bunch of cooking for the week this weekend, but then a sinus infection decided to try and kill me and I spent the better part of 4 days in bed wishing for death.

Phae: The clothes thing is getting rough on me...it's hard to find pants that are long enough for me in Japan, but the ones I brought from home are probably 8'' too wide in the waist now. I grabbed a pair by accident the other day and when I tried putting them on, they were back on the floor the second I let go of the waistband. I don't know what to do with all of my old clothes because they're too big to even try to salvage.

Bea: Good luck on finals! I know the feeling of missing someone and not quite knowing when you'll see them next...I miss everyone back at home and found out the other day that there's a decent chance my boyfriend might get deployed before my contract is up and I get to go back.

Ballerina: Good luck with the move! I had to move at the beginning of October and funds are still a bit tight because of that. It was a huge pain in the ***, but at least I'm in a safer area now.

On the topic of fitbits: I asked for a fitbit for Christmas...in my family everyone draws a name out of a hat and spends $100 on the person that they picked, and the new fitbit is conveniently priced at $99.95. I'm pretty sure that myfitnesspal lies through its teeth about how many calories I burn exercising in a day, so I'd really like to get a more accurate idea.

On the topic of me being really excited and bouncing off the walls even though it's not that big of a deal: The scale told me this morning that I now have a normal BMI for the first time in my adult life. Happyhappyhappy.

SoMuchFattitude 12-03-2012 07:30 AM

Good Morning Good Morning!

------

lisa34t - I made a loaded potato soup from cooking light that was delicious. DH asked me to add it to my rotation. I'm trying a summer squash and corn chowder this week too. I wish I could get DH to eat broccoli!

Phae -.8 is better than +.8! Today is a new day. The weekends are way harder for me, too.

Quiet Ballerina - The hustle of moving can be so hard. DH and I are house shopping but decided to put it on hold until after the Holidays.

Hotaruchan - Welcome back! Where in Japan are you? My SIL did study abroad and wants to go back and teach there, but now I'm scared after what happened to you! Kudos to fighting back though! Many people don't/can't. I cannot wait to see a normal BMI on my scale. Congrats!!!

----

Another packed weekend full of eating crap and drinking. Jesus, when will I learn and get my life together? November - December are where I always struggle. I'm hoping to make it through the new year without a terrible gain at this point. I started the year at 235 and did ridiculously well until March and was down to 210, but then I dealt with some drama/stress/issues and gained it all back by September. Now with things being stable and better, I'm back down to 215'ish and to be honest, I'm just hoping to see Jan 1 at 215 where I can buckle back down. What I have learned is that when I'm aware of what I'm eating and keep working out - I am good at maintaining.

I'm in a catch 22 - I've stopped weighing daily to help with my compulsive nature and unhealthy habits; however, with the holidays here and it being my time of struggle - I'm wondering if I need that accountability if I'm hoping to to maintain. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Hotaruchan 12-03-2012 07:58 AM

I'm in Gunma-ken and it's awful. My city manages to have the highest temperatures on Honshu in the summer and some of the lowest in the winter, coupled with absolutely horrible winds coming down from the mountains that are on 3 sides of the prefecture. Where I live seems to be nothing but convenience stores, failing ramen shops, and love hotels. If she gets any say in where she goes, I would very strongly recommend Kansai (down near Kobe or Osaka)...that's where I studied abroad and it was fantastic. Gunma-ken though? Don't bother...

SoMuchFattitude 12-03-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotaruchan (Post 4546082)
If she gets any say in where she goes, I would very strongly recommend Kansai (down near Kobe or Osaka)...that's where I studied abroad and it was fantastic. Gunma-ken though? Don't bother...

I actually think her program was Kansai International School or something. She loved it there. Are you teaching?

Hotaruchan 12-03-2012 08:18 AM

Yeah, but my company is scummy and underhanded. I wanted to stay longer to improve my language skills, but I'll be back in America in April.

SoMuchFattitude 12-03-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotaruchan (Post 4546099)
Yeah, but my company is scummy and underhanded.

What company? I'll tell her to steer clear!

lisa34t 12-03-2012 10:06 AM

Yes both soups where amazing. I have found that mason jar lunches have become extremely popular and they aren’t a bad idea either. So thats how I spent Sunday morning.

bea- I LOVE the fitbit, I don’t know if you remember but I was really searching for a pedometer/heart rate monitor, calorie burner counter..... Something of that nature. Well the Fitbit is awesome! I really keeps me moving and I have over 65 fitbit friends some who get 20k steps a day and it really inspires me not be at the bottom my friend board. It ranks you against your friends by number. Every week it gives me this cool weekly report, and it encourages mr to do better the next year. And the site is free to use unlike bodybugg and bodymedia.

Hotaruchan
- As far as calories burned, I wont say my fitbit is the most accurate thing. It doesnt have a heart rate monitor or anybody sensors. To truly track calories burned I would suggest a heart rate monitor. BUT, the Fitbit is still awesome and I love it, I have the ultra, I dont have an Iphone so the fitbit one, isn’t beneficial for me.

phae
- Thanks

Somuch- Was it you who gave me the breakfast burrito reciepe?

SoMuchFattitude 12-03-2012 10:48 AM

lisa34t Yes! :)

lisa34t 12-03-2012 02:57 PM

I Love Them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phae 12-03-2012 03:56 PM

Hotaruchan - I'm finding the same problem living abroad, except I am only in the UK. The pants here (or should I say trousers) do NOT fit me properly!! I tried a pair on the other day and thought they were fine and then i wore them to work today and they were awful! For some reason the crotch is way too low on all the pants I find here. I don't get it!!

beahawkins 12-03-2012 08:09 PM

Ballerina: I have a bra on the way so I hope it works... and hope that I go get to mainstream sizes once the weight comes off... sigh. Moving always seems to kick my weightloss in gear!! Hope it keeps up like that for you!

Hotchuran: I hope if he is deployed that it you get to see him first. What branch of the military is he in. My brother is in the Navy. Thanks for the luck of finals... I haven't started stressing but I have a feeling I will soon.

Lisa: I might have to look into a FitBit.

Phae: That is so weird.. I thought that Britain had the same mainsteam shops for the most part.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I talked with a physical therapist today, cause it was FREE and I love free things. I was in a car accident a few years ago. I was in the passenger seat and I was sitting funny and it has hurt since. The last time I spoke to a dr. about it she told me to lose weight. yeah, thanks lady. And you would think losing 30 something pounds it would feel a little better but it's been hurting more... She actually gave me tips and helped me figure out why it hurts so bad... She said no crunches. I have been doing 500 or so a week... so anyways lol.

And she was watching me stand and made me do some of my weird double jointed thing and apparently I have hyper mobility syndrome. She told me no stretching at all.. I love stretching and yoga and all that.. sad. ok well I am procrastinating. off to study!