3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   November Chat Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/269104-november-chat-thread.html)

rainbowstripe 11-06-2012 03:45 PM

beahawkins Sorry to hear that your routine is getting jiggled around - sounds annoying, but hang in there, I'm sure things will get back to normal soon enough!

CakeBatter A couple of pounds is all good if you had a great weekend and you're back on track now, so that's all that matters!

sun Oh man, a bulging disc doesn't sound good! I hope it's a speedy recovery. Congrats on the 2 pounds this week!

lisa34t Oh man, quesadillas sound good right about now! How do you find Turbo Fire?

Phae Walk at Home workout sounds good, is it a dvd one? Sorry about TOM (time of month) - I HATE my period with a passion haha, it always leaves me wanting to eat rubbish and not exercise. Hope you aren't getting a cold! Mine is here now -_-

Concert last night was... a little bit disappointing? I dunno. There were a lot of people around me smoking weed, and as I didn't feel great when we left home, the smell of that just made me feel kind of worse. I got kicked in the head by some idiot who tried to crowd surf as well and I just feel like for a band that has a huge following here and hasn't been here in 15 years, they didn't really play for the crowd. So many songs I would have loved to have heard weren't played. And now I have a bit of memory loss around the whole thing! I can't remember a lot of the show. Which is very strange.

I am sick and at work and it sucks. After work I will not be exercising, which is annoying, but I will have to make dinner, take it to my boyfriend at his other job and then I think I'll most likely go to bed.

I resisted McDonalds after the concert last night! I didn't order anything! Go me :)

sun 11-06-2012 06:58 PM

lisa way to go on making your goals! Haven't tried skinny cow, will have to do it.

phae good on the walk and icky on the tom

rainbow good job on turning down the fast food.

Did so good today and am so happy to have lost 2 lbs this week, potential for 3 lbs this week. Anyhow all together down 10lbs so far. so great.

rinsmommy 11-06-2012 08:18 PM

I have such a bad headache tonight. The only exercise I got was from cleaning the house and I am so disappointed in myself over it. My toddler is sick so I am exhausted and have no real help because my Asperger's boyfriend doesnt understand how to take care of our son. I realize he cant necessarily help that, but then he wants to talk.down to me and act like an ***(pardon my french). I feel drained and I have barely done anything today. Grr ...

1yr2mkovr 11-07-2012 12:31 AM

rinsmommy
When you have bad days like this, you just need to roll with it, and accept that you were limited in what you could do. Adding to the frustration by wishing you could have demanded more of yourself in an already difficult situation won't be helpful. :) Be patient with yourself.

rainbowstripe 11-07-2012 12:48 AM

sun I am jealous of your loss! I'm just holding steady, hopefully see a drop towards the end of the week...

rinsmommy Sorry to hear you're in a tough position - I hope things improve for you. Hang in there!

Right, well weirdly, it's before 7pm, I've eaten, taken my boyfriend his dinner, showered and now I'm in bed. I'm going to watch a show or something and then get a super early night and try to kick this damn cold.

sun 11-07-2012 07:02 AM

rinsmom Sorry you are having such a hard time. keep going you can do it.

rainbow how was your early night? You have so much less to lose than me it might take a bit to get it shaking. I ballooned up so that intial bit will fall off quicker.

Back is still out :( taking it slow is sooo frustrating. I wanna go to yoga already. bah

Phae 11-07-2012 07:27 AM

I didn't get any work today... sheesh. I'll be glad next week because I'll go back to guaranteed work which means I will get paid even if I don't work!

My cold has progressed, so now I feel icky. Bought some drugs today so they're helping a little but my mouth/throat are so dry and scratchy! This is my third cold in less than 2 months! Dang germ bag school children...

SoMuchFattitude 11-07-2012 08:10 AM

Good Morning Good Morning!

rinsmom Hang in there!

Everyone else Get better soon! It looks like everyone is sick!

----

I read an interesting article yesterday on weight gain/water retention after endurance exercises. Without fail, I always gain a solid 5-6lbs after every endurance sport I do. Every triathlon, every 30+ mile bike, every 10k and I'll gain 3-4lbs with 5ks.

The article said that your muscles peak with the fluid retention on the 4th day after your event and some people take up to ELEVEN days to shed all of the retention! How crazy is that?

Quiet Ballerina 11-07-2012 12:52 PM

rainbow cajun baked chicken breasts sound yummy! Are they hard to make? Sorry you didn't enjoy the concert as much as you wanted to.

SoMuch typically I listen to cheesy pop. Or country. :)
Check out your curves!!! And those socks are super adorable.

sun eek. hope your back feels better soon. congrats on the loss!

penmage awesome news about the bike!

beahawkins :( I'm so sorry about your giggling guests. That would drive me batty too.

Cake Great job on the workout!

lisa Yeah!!! Rock on! That is so awesome that you hit your goals for the week!

Must be something in the air cause I'm coming down with a cold too. (Okay, my cold is actually cause I was kissing a cute boy who was getting over a cold....totally worth it.)
Sooooo......I really hope I'm not jinxing myself, but I have fantastic news.
I found an apartment that I really, really like. The pros massively outweigh the cons (yes, I made a list). All I have left to do is find a roommate, which I've been trying to do. I've been exchanging emails with someone, and hopefully we can skype soon (not local, moving here soon). So, fingers crossed!

jmko 11-07-2012 01:01 PM

Okay, I can't believe how many posts happened in a week and how many new faces there are! I'll do personals after this, it's just too much right now. But it is great to see familiar faces from a couple years ago (rainbowstripe and sun!)

So the bad news first, the bf and I ended things last night after I got home from Maui. I ended up staying an extra day to get more things done for work and he lost it. We got into a huge fight, I wanted to leave, he wouldn't let me and ended up shoving me and grabbing me so I bolted. No shoes, no phone, no nothing. Just a whole bunch of drama. Needless to say we're done. I'm still not sure how I feel about the whole situation.

But, Maui! Can't say that I got all my water in or stayed on plan. Working 18 hour days for a week straight running around was tough. The first couple days I stayed on plan was horrendous because I was so light headed and dizzy. Ended up cheating (there was pizza and mcdonalds all around!!) but still tried to make better choices while going off plan. Ended up with a cheeseburger happy meal at one point and a slice of veggie pizza for another meal. I think those were my cheats. *sigh* Two meals, not bad for only 2 meals out of the week I was there I guess. I was terrified to weigh yesterday morning so did it today. 156.6. I guess it wasn't too bad, all in all for not staying on plan and cheating.

SoMuchFattitude 11-07-2012 01:07 PM

Quiet Ballerina Thanks so much! Good luck with the room mate and apartment situation. 0o0o0o - details on cute boy? Well - I <3 Beiber. I'll admit it. Guilty pleasure.

jmko Wow. Eff him. You deserve so much better. It doesn't mean this won't be hard or take time to heal from, but still - no one deserves to be treated that way. :hug: And please- your "cheat" wasn't even a "cheat!" :)

Radiojane 11-07-2012 01:44 PM

Sorry jmko. That kind of thing is so tough.

rainbowstripe 11-07-2012 06:00 PM

sun I don't know much about back injuries or yoga - are there not some really light poses you could do? Fingers crossed you heal quick!

Phae Hope you feel better soon! And yay for guaranteed pay next week - it must be tough not having work all the time.

SoMuchFattitude Wow, that sounds pretty interesting/intense about the retained weight from high impact exercise - did it mention seeing a drop after losing the retained weight?

Quiet Ballerina Another sicky, welcome to the club haha - hope you also feel better soon! Awesome news on the apartment, hope it all works out for you. The cajun chicken breasts were awesome, but I have to admit they're kind of a cheating meal (in terms of using a packet mix, not in terms of health haha) - but I think you could probably mix up most of the spices and avoid a lot of sodium and some sugar - I just hate buying so many spices sometimes!

jmko I was lurking a few weeks ago and noticed your troubles with the boyfriend - I am glad to hear you've left him, even if it's hard at the moment - from what I recall reading, I think you will be better off. I hope you are doing ok though! Maui sounds good, and I think if a cheeseburger happy meal and a slice of veggie pizza were your only cheat meals, then you did amazingly well :)

Still sick, still tired. Early night didn't work out that well for me, I just tossed around a lot in bed and didn't sleep that well overall. I'm back at work but my boss has said that I can maybe leave half an hour early, so I might head back into bed at that point. My boyfriend got some lamb steak out of the freezer for dinner and I have no idea what I can do with it so I might have to leave it up to him, even if it means calories won't be calculated properly.

I am so glad it's Thursday, I am exhausted. My weight is staying pretty steady/minor loss, so I'm happy, considering I haven't done a proper workout or anything this week.

beahawkins 11-07-2012 10:15 PM

Hey guys.. Hope everyone is feeling better!

Quiet:: Info on the boy?!!

JMKO: I am so sorry you had to go through that! But it's good that you got out of it before it got more serious. : / I am assuming he is the one moving out because it's your apartment?
---------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday: As soon as I finished my post I took off to spend the day with my brother. We ended up touring a nearby university soo I did get little bit of a workout.

Though I didn't work out today. But I think my eating was fairly on track, so I am not going to fret about it. I am nervous about my weigh in tomorrow. It will be my first weigh in since Friday as I wasn't happy with my weight then. So we will see I guess..
I am feeling really stressed lately though. My classes are killing me. I cannot wait until I am done with math. What sucks is that I am really interested in the other ones, but I can't delve into it because I'm always trying to understand stupid freaking Algebra. erg. Ok.
Well, my brother (in my picture) and our cousin are hanging out in the family room. It's like going back in a time machine. Super weird!!

rinsmommy 11-07-2012 11:24 PM

Back on track today. Big hugs for everyone! I hope those going through a rough time feel better soon.

jmko: do you need me to kick his butt? He sounds like an @$$, and I think you will be better off without him:-)

sun 11-08-2012 03:41 AM

phae feel better, drink lots of liquid!

fasttitude whoa water is a sneaky little *******! haha

quietballerina ohhh cute boy huh? ;) Good luck with your potential roommate. congrats on the apartment.

jmko How awful! Take care of yourself and know you are worth better treatment than that. hugs

rainbow aww hope you feel better. Did you sleep after work? Give yourself time to heal properly and you will see a whoosh. Drink lots of ginger lemon honey tea. always makes me feel better. hugs DD is sick too :(

seehawkins good luck with math! algebra is a killer lol.

rinsmom way to go staying on track

Ok so I have been keeping in my calories but I am up at 3 with a sick kid. So sleep is suffering and i am ravenous. Back hurts. ARGH I just want to be normal please, Afraid of overeating and ruining my loss. deep breath just gonna take is an hour at at a time. hehe
have a nice friday everyone.

beahawkins 11-08-2012 08:38 AM

Sun: I stay up really late a lot and that is like my prime binge time. As much as I would rather make a huge batch of cinnamon rolls and then have some funyons, I know that I would be so mad and disapointed the next day. I have found dried fruit helps me curb my night hunger. Yogurt covered craisens are amazing!
Today is turning out better than my last day off. I am watching Sunday's Walking Dead and already checked my weight. I am only down 1 pound. But a steady 1 pound is better than nothing and it's a lot better than gaining. I think after last weeks rapid 9 pounds I need to get back to normal. Oh well. But I am at my lowest weight to date!!
From 200 to 260 I didn't really keep track of my weight because I didn't want to see the increase that I couldn't control because of my lack of meds. But I think knowing my weight every single day is the only thing that is keeping me on track.
It was so funny, I walked out of my bed room and my brother is on a air mattress that takes up the entire room and my cousin is on the couch, it's like I went back 10 years it was amazing. I loved it.

jmko 11-08-2012 12:58 PM

SoMuch: Thank you for the sentiments. I really appreciate it. And, yes! My cheats were sooo cheats! For someone not allowed to have any carbs and certain vegetables! It was terrible. I felt so guilty.

Jane: Thanks

rainbowstripe: Thank you. Did you get to finish work early and go back to bed?

bea: I own my house, so yeah, he took his stuff and moved out. Congrats on the loss! Something is always better than nothing!

rinsmommy: Oh yes, please! Kick his butt! Normally I'm pretty anti-anything like that, but I think I can make an exception this time.

sun: Thanks. Sick kids are never fun! Drink water or eat some veggie sticks!!! Hope you made it through okay.

Thank you everyone for your support. It's times like these that I'm thankful for being on this site. It makes me think I'll keep hanging around even after I hit my goal. I also wish some of you lived in Hawaii so we'd be able to hang out.

I feel tons better than yesterday. I'm exhausted, but at least feel better. Hung out with some friends and I just kept thinking about what a jerk he is. Changed my locks (and did it all by myself, woohoo!) and finally feel safe again. I haven't had much of an appetite, though. When we went to dinner last night we ended up at Chili's and I opted for fried food. DEFINITELY no bueno after being so clean for weeks and not eating for a couple days on top of that. Was not feeling so hot this morning. Oh well, lesson learned.

rainbowstripe 11-08-2012 05:20 PM

beahawkins Sorry to hear about your stress but your day off sounds good - I lost touch with The Walking Dead after the first season, is it still good?

sun You are doing so well keeping on calories with everything else, you are inspirational :) I didn't sleep straight away, but I should have because I ended up being up so late not being able to sleep!

jmko Glad to hear that you feel better, that's a good thing. And forgive yourself for the Chili's! Opting for fried food is sometimes not such a bad thing - and given that you're going through a rough time, go easy on yourself.

~So I did leave work early, I can't remember if I posted when I got home now and I can't be bothered scrolling back up haha... I am so dazed and confused today, my memory and brain are really suffering from this cold. How I'm getting any work done is beyond me. I had to walk down to get a candidate (work in a recruitment company) because the lift was broken and it's like 10 flights of stairs (which I usually take anyway, but not to get candidates) and all of a sudden I was at the bottom of the stairs and couldn't remember walking down - weird.

So glad it's Friday, can't wait to go home. Tried so hard to sleep early last night but boyfriend, who had gone out for a drink with his friend, brought his friend back to ours and unfortunately it's a small house so their noise kept me awake - and I wasn't really able to sleep well for most of the night.

Best thing about today, other than that it's Friday, is that I'm now at 64.5kg! Happy to see a loss! Half a kg is decent :)

rinsmommy 11-08-2012 05:57 PM

Today I went to a Chinese buffet. I had a plate with fried rice, an egg roll, honey chicken, spicy chicken, and sweet and sour chicken. Why am I mentioning this? This is why: I shared my rice with my son and he got most of it while I ate 4 bites and left some on the plate. I ate a little honey chicken and again, left some on the plate. I ate all the spicy chicken which was not breaded. I shared the sweet and sour chicken with my son (4 pieces), and ate 2 of them, leaving the breading on the plate. Finally I ate half the egg roll. This is the first time ever I have gone to a Chinese buffet, gotten food on my plate (that didnt touch each other btw ) and not eaten all of it. Not only that, but I ate less than one plate! I left enough on my plate to make a serving my son could eat. I didnt exactly make the best choices, but I am gonna work it off later before bed. I am just shocked that I followed Paul Mckenna's rules and I actually got full off that little bit of food. I am not going to beat myself up over it, because I know I can make ip for it tonight. Doing my exercises before bed:-)

beahawkins 11-08-2012 09:32 PM

JMKO: I understand about the fried food tummy troubles. : / I can't believe you own a house!!! That is awesome. I can't imagine owning a house for a really long time. Lol. (Sorry, I am a little tired and a lot not articulate...)

Rainbow: OH My Goodness!! Walking Dead is amazing. I almost cried tonight while watching it. When I am sick the only thing to do is just drink hot clear liquids. LOTS of Nyquil. And my grandma has this onion poltis? that is absolutely amazing.

SoMuchFattitude 11-09-2012 08:48 AM

Goooooood Morning and HAPPY FRIDAY!

JMKO :hug: Good to hear you have a good support system through all of this! Don't feel guilty. Life is life and life happens. 80% is staying on plan and 20% is rolling with the punches.

beahawkins YAAAAAY for your lowest weight ever! Keep it up!

rainbowstripe Hope you're feeling better! And I'da told my DH to gtfo and go somewhere with that noise if I were sick. :lol:

rinsmommy
Quote:

Originally Posted by rinsmommy (Post 4523162)
T I am just shocked that I followed Paul Mckenna's rules and I actually got full off that little bit of food.

I had to look up Paul Mckenna's rules, but it's a lot like intuitive eating. I stopped calorie counting and being a nutjob and literally just listening to my body and I've lost a little over 4lbs in 2.5 weeks and I feel incredible doing it. I've eaten what I've wanted but still respected my body. Nothing has been "off limits" my weight has gone up and down on a daily basis, but I'm still netting a loss. And let me tell you, over the last 3 weeks I've been celebrating multiple birthdays, an anniversary, etc. so there has been an abundance of crap food around. lol

-----------

So much for my quiet weekend! LOL DH and I are going to see Jake Owen (country artist) tonight (I think) and then we've got the GA/Auburn game and then the Falcons game. HOWEVER! We both took Monday off of work for our anniversary and we're going to see the new Bond movie and get lunch. I'm super excited!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ght-thing.html - that thread has me all in a tizzy. I mean, I get that I'm not the "norm" but ffs...

zanheltangia 11-09-2012 10:19 AM

Hope everything is going okay JMKO.

And I hope you guys are feeling better, seems to be the time to get sick around here as well. I'm dodging that as well as I can, no fun!

Laundry and scheme-making-day for me. Hopefully plans will actually be made and not just dreamt up this time ;). This "go with the flow" isn't very productive, both at home and at work.

I hope everyone has a pleasant weekend! I got Veteran's Day to look forward to at my parents' house (Though, honestly, I really should be getting more of my To-Dos done than lazing around with my folks and that right there is why I am going to my parents', I got to live a little right, instead of stressing over my minor things? :D)

Phae 11-09-2012 10:48 AM

Sending out good vibes (:goodvibes:) to those of you facing personal issues or illness.

I'm still sick, which sucks. I've gone through so many tissues I can't even believe it! But I've also been drinking a lot of liquid, so hopefully it doesn't last much longer.

I didn't have work again today! Bah. So I only worked Tuesday and Thursday this week. Oh well, I tried to make the most of it today and went for a REALLY long walk around my "neighbourhood" (it's London, so it's pretty big) and since I live near a park and a canal, I walked through it for a while. I ended up getting a bit lost and way over shooting where I needed to leave the park and cross the street to my flat, but that's OK. I mapped my walk when I got home and it turns out I walked 4 miles! However... I enjoyed it! I felt really free, and it wasn't so tough just walking at a brisk pace. Even with my cold I could handle it! I saw a lot of people running/jogging, and while I'd like to be like that one day, I will really need to work up to it (too many years of inactivity).

Tonight I am going to the filming of a show called 'Watson and Oliver' at the BBC. I have never seen the show but I have been to a filming before and really enjoyed it. It's fun to see all the behind the scenes stuff.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

zanheltangia 11-09-2012 12:05 PM

Oh that is so cool, Phae! I hope you have a good time and beat that cold of yours quickly.

jmko 11-09-2012 02:23 PM

rainbow: I know I shouldn't be too hard on myself, especially since I'm still losing. I was just never an emotional eater. I'm more of an emotional non-eater. I'm always down for weightloss, but I know this isn't healthy.

rinsmommy: Good for you and making healthy(er) choices. It's fantastic that you didn't eat everything on your plate. You made a good choice and still got to enjoy it!

bea: I didn't buy it, my dad left it to me. I did have to throw about $40K into renovations last year, so I might as well have bought it!

SoMuch: Your weekend sounds exciting! I'm so jealous.

zanheltangia: Thank you :) Lucky you! 3-day weekend!

phae: Glad you're well enough to take a walk! Have fun at the shoot!

Nothing exciting going on here. My ex is being a douche and I found out that when he moved his stuff out he took some of my stuff with him. I'm really not too keen on seeing him, so I'm going to call it a loss (for my stuff). I keep telling myself that I'm not going to think about him anymore but it's so tough. You spend so much time with someone that practically everything reminds you of them. Even if it's unrelated. Wtf. It's driving me crazy. Especially now that the weekend is here and I'm finally back from my business trip I'm wondering what I'm going to end up doing. Anyone want to fly down here and keep me company?

Managed to eat part of a salad last night. I felt a little sick the whole time, probably because I don't have much in my stomach. Weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 155.2. As I told rainbow, I'm all for losing weight but I know this isn't healthy. Though, it feels awesome to be this skinny. This morning I put on a shirt I thought I'd never get to wear again!

rainbowstripe 11-09-2012 10:27 PM

rinsmommy You did well at the buffet! Awesome!

beahawkins Cool, I wish I could get back into it! I might have to try after your recommendation.

SoMuchFattitude If only I'd had the energy to get out of bed and tell them to be quiet haha. It's actually just the fried, he is super loud. But it's ok. Your weekend sounds packed! Just took a look at that thread you linked to - wow. I just don't get people judging other peoples lifestyles, so I'm with you. You made a good succinct comment there!

Phae Your walk sounds good! I've been feeling so blocked up that breathing is difficult, so still haven't exercised. Hope the filming was fun and that you feel better!!

zanheltangia Veteran's day with your parents sounds nice :)

jmko Congrats on the loss, and heres to hoping you can start feeling better and getting healthy with it. Breakups are hard, so you have to go easy on yourself. Sorry you're worried about not having much to do this weekend - if I was anywhere even close to being closer, I'd come hang out haha.

Ok, still pretty sick but the weather is so beautiful today it's making me feel far more positive. The weight loss has stuck, which I'm happy about. I went out and bought two dresses even though I probably shouldn't have, and I was so happy to have bought a size 8! Which I think is like a size 6 in US sizes. I know I'm not really that size, because on my bottom half I'm still at least an NZ 12 (US 10), but it still feels good. Actually makes me a little worried that if I get closer to goal I'm not going to be able to find clothes that fit. I have a small frame underneath it all, but I won't let stress over clothes stop me... small people must shop somewhere right?

I also just made a cake, zucchini and carrot and I have yet to frost it with light lemon cream cheese frosting. We're going round to have homemade pizzas with some friends of ours later on tonight, so I thought I'd make something to take. It's fairly healthy as far as cakes go and I've got the nutritional info all sorted.

That's all from me right now (probably way too much anyway!)

Phae 11-10-2012 08:02 AM

jmko - Sorry your ex is being such a douche. Glad you have support to get through it, though!

rainbow - That cake sounds yummy! and I am craving pizza like nobody's business. I might have to make my own.

The filming last night was good - pretty funny - but LONG! They did about 5 sketches and a lot of them had to be done 2 or 3 times. And then we watched a lot of pre-recorded stuff so they could record our laughter/applause. I have no idea when the show will air! However, I like going to the BBC because they have a TARDIS there from Doctor Who so I got my photo with it. :D

I am still super sick! Even worse today than yesterday which sucks because I am going out tonight on a pub crawl for my flatmate's birthday! I won't be drinking... I'll probably just be trying to stay awake!

nightprowler 11-10-2012 02:11 PM

Decided to pop in since its been awhile. I've gone completely off track for an entire month now, and feeling extremely guilty about it!! I havent updated the 30lbs to new years thread because I've decided to drop out, just not going to happen. Although still pushing for as much as possible until then. Shouldn't have let myself derail for so long. Feeling very crappy about the choices I've made lately.

sun 11-11-2012 08:32 AM

sorry no time for personals. DD has pneumonia :( So been up late taking care of her and fighting bingeing mentality, but I am down a lb! So I think that I am doing ok considering.

Hope you are doing well! Keep going!

Phae 11-11-2012 08:48 AM

Hope she feels better soon sun!

Quiet Ballerina 11-11-2012 12:47 PM

A day or two behind...eek....

jmko I'm sorry about things between you and your bf. :( Breakups are always hard, even when the guy is being a jerk. Good for you for changing the locks by yourself! Kudos.

SoMuch Sounds like fun plans for you, per usual. Meanwhile I'm in bed in my PJs at noon... :)
I've been following that thread too. Have written about 6 replies, only to delete them before hitting submit (on purpose). :lol:

rainbow I fell into a ton of spices when a friend moved out of the area; he didn't want to bring them all with him, so he gave them all to me!
Hope you're feeling better. :(

beahawkins Hope you're having fun with your brother! Oh man, I don't want to post spoilers in case others are behind....but man-oh-man...the walking dead.... :shock:

sun That stinks that your little one is so sick.

rinsmommy Great job at the buffet!

Phae Sorry you're still sick. Going to a filming of a show sounds fun!

Still trying to find a roommate....sigh. Any of you gals want to come live with me? Pretty please? ;) I was emailing with one guy, and we seemed to be making progress, but then I emailed him a reply on the 7th and he hasn't responded. I've exchanged a couple of emails with another guy (I know, why all the guys? Absolutely zero females respond to my ads!) who is a possibility. So we'll see. It's so frustrating because I *really* like this apartment and I'm worried that someone is going to rent the unit before I find a roommate!

Things with the boy...hm. Complicated sums it up? :lol:
This post will get way too long if I start talking about it. It's nothing serious.

zanheltangia 11-11-2012 04:17 PM

JMKO - I hope he doesn't bother you in the future. I had a bit more typed up before my computer crashed on me, but I doubt you wanted to read about similar ex-trouble situations from a random online lady anyway ;) It's crazy how many I know, ugh. How was your weekend? I hope you managed to keep busy with something fun.

Rainbowstripe - recipe online, perhaps? omg does that sound good! I think dresses are evil personally, I can never find one that fits both halves (up/down), I always want to take out my sewing machine and FIX 'em! :mad: haha!

Phae, I had a total geek-out when I read TARDIS and photo op in the same sentence. I hope you don't wear yourself out too much, so not fun being sick and exhausted at a get-together :(. If I could find a way, I'd be grinning up and down the streets of Cardiff and London right now as I hunt for locations out of quite a few shows ;). I went once around 2001, haven't had a chance to go out and explore some place different since. Is it difficult to get work in another country? (You're canadian, right? :?:). Look at me quizzing you, ignore that :o haha!

Hiya, Nightprowler! Welcome back :)

Sun
, take care of you both! I hope she gets well soon, that sucks!

Quiet Ballerina, I hope you find a good roommate match soon, that can be so hard!

Well, Mommy-Dearest wants to make a whole bunch of different cookies tomorrow. After all my "chores" for her this weekend, it'll be a nice change ;). (she's got a big tupperware container to fill and return to the neighbors, I guess. :dizzy:, and guess who actually does the baking around these parts - me, so my plan is to have a bunch of veggies and fruit cut up and ready for munching, so I get full of that and a good breakfast before getting to work on tasty nibbles that are sure to be taste-tested. Then I'll be leaving them here at my folks and fleeing the county with five or so for work lunchies :devil:). That so beats having the leftovers floating around my house or my work.:p

Well, mom's floating over my shoulder, I think it's a big sign that I need to come over more often to help them out :o. Oops! Hope everyones' weekend was awesome! I now have ceiling fans to wash... I think she misses the "free" labor of when her kids were still in the same county as her. Me thinks I must kidnap my siblings... :dizzy:

sun 11-11-2012 08:41 PM

phaethanks

quiet Ugh About the apartment. I hope you find one soon! Also good luck with the boy. lol

zan how did the baking go? Sounds like you had a good plan. Also hope the fans are sparkling now.

So I am struggling and crocheting up a storm so as not to eat out of boredom and stress here. DD is still sick but doing better on the antibiotics and I am just fried out with caring for her. She is also physically disabled so requires alot of attention or she gets bored being unable to do anything for herself. And my back is still wonky .. feels like I will never be normal and healthy again. sniff. ok pity party over.
on the plus side I counted everything and am not gaining. no evercise yet with the back out but I will get there.
thanks for listening/

rainbowstripe 11-12-2012 02:33 AM

Phae Filming sounds fun! I actually can't remember if I've ever seen something being filmed. I visited the set of one of the few shows made in NZ once, but it wasn't that exciting from memory. Hope you get some relief from the illness soon!

nightprowler Welcome back. Even if you derailed, you're doing the right thing by coming back here again. I always feel that if I'm active on 3FC, I'm more likely to be making better choices in my daily life for my health.

sun Glad to hear the antibiotics kicked in, pneumonia is pretty serious? Good to hear you're not gaining, that's definitely a positive :) Hope things start looking up a bit soon.

QuietBallerina My problem with spices is that I always think I have the ones I need and then when I look, I don't. I have about five different jars of moroccan seasoning, which is RIDICULOUS. I am going to be soon in your position of looking for a flatmate too I think (I can't remember if I told you this already) and oh man it seems like hard work! My boyfriend and I cannot afford this place on our own and our flatmate is looking at buying a house!

zanheltangia The thing with me and dresses is that I ALWAYS buy the same shape. Fitted up the top to the waist and then flared in a bigger skirt. Sort of the 50's silhouette everyone thinks of - because I have a small waist but I carry a lot of fat on my stomach and thighs. If I wanted a different style of dress, I'd probably have to go up at least 2 sizes to fit my stomach and thighs, and it just wouldn't work! Link to recipe here, I found it on Pinterest: http://realmomkitchen.com/7878/carro...eese-frosting/
The nutritional info isn't on there but I just used one of those sites where you can put in all the ingredients and divide by servings (I cut my cake into 24 pieces)

~Monday evening! So my weight is going steady. I wonder if I should stop weighing daily, because sometimes I obsess over the little fluctuations, even when I know I shouldn't.

I eased myself back into exercise today with some Wii Fit. I did 45 minutes, but I feel like I did burn some good calories, especially with the cycling part - walking on the spot feels like it's harder than normal walking!!

I was mostly on track with food over the weekend, the homemade pizzas were piled with veges and I was restrained with the cake, which is good. I took most of it to work today and it was well received - I have two pieces left and I'll probably eat one very soon as dessert.

Made the cajun chicken with red pepper again (ate it last week too), I swear it was hotter this time - but I kind of like eating spicy foods because for some reason they make me feel more full? There must be some kind of scientific explanation, I'm sure I read something about it once.

Plan for the week is to get back into running since last week was basically a write-off exercise wise. I'm finally ridding myself of this cold so I think, come Wednesday, I'll be ready to run! I hardly ever exercise on Tuesdays for some weird reason.

jmko 11-12-2012 12:36 PM

rainbow: zuccini & carrot cake?? Sounds interesting. How'd it turn out?

phae: TARDIS!!! I'm so jealous! How was the pub crawl?

nightprowler: Glad you're back!

sun: Hope your DD is feeling better soon.

ballerina: I want to hear about the boy!! SPILL!!!

zan: it's always nice to know that I'm not the only one that goes through stuff like this. I know almost everyone does, but hearing those stories makes you feel like you're not alone. How did the cookies turn out?

So I had plans for a quiet weekend but that didn't really happen! I stayed home most of Friday night, which was nice. I got to hang around the house and watch TV and eat take out! Ran a couple errands on Saturday morning, had lunch with a friend, then went out to dinner and saw a movie. Hit up a trade show yesterday and bought my dress for my friend's wedding, then spent the night doing laundry. Whew! Glad I kept busy, though, it made me feel like I had ME time again. I'm actually really happy - getting rid of the excess baggage has done wonders! I still don't really have an appetite, but forcing myself to eat. My brand new pair of pants that I bought in Maui are too big already. *sigh* This is the crappy part about weight loss. When you think you aren't going to lose anymore, you do. The alterations are expensive. Oh well, guess I should be glad I'm still losing.

It's monday and everyone seems to have a holiday except me!!! Boo for being stuck in an office all day!

Phae 11-12-2012 12:48 PM

zan - London is pretty awesome. The best thing is that there is a lot you can do for free (such as go to BBC filmings)! It is quite different than Canada in some ways, but very similar in others. I chose to live overseas here because I knew it wouldn't be much of a culture shock. This is my first time in Europe so a lot of things are new to me! I like it though. Teaching here is pretty similar to teaching at home; the curriculum and procedures are slightly different and some of the kids are crazy, but you get that everywhere!

jmko - The pub crawl was... OK. I'm not a big drinker (never have been) so I really only went because my flatmate wanted to go. I ended up leaving after the 3rd bar because I was sick and it was super crowded.

Which movie did you see?

To my Who loving friends - here's one of my photo ops with the TARDIS:
http://i46.tinypic.com/s4yvsn.png

-----

I worked today, which is weird because I tend to never get called on a Monday. I didn't get called until 9am but that's OK because I got paid for the whole day! I'm back at the same school tomorrow, and possibly longer. Whoohoo!

I noticed that I don't really eat when I'm working... I get thinking about other things. I nibble a few things at lunch but that's it. Then I am really hungry after work. My current Point allowance on WW is 42 and after breakfast and lunch, I still had 30 points left. Crazy. I just had a nice dinner though and bit of chocolate for a treat. :)

cheeriloos 11-12-2012 02:01 PM

Phae, I love that coat of yours!
Hey guys, I'm on a weight loss program trying to get to 190 by my wedding in January, I find this website super helpful and thought I'd drop in to say hello since I'm subscribed to this thread since 08 when I joined lost weight , met the love of my life then gained weight again :p aint that the breaks. I hope you're all doing well and I'll be back soon. Gotta drink my water as I hear food calling me, (I already had lunch!)

cheeriloos 11-12-2012 02:35 PM

Hey Gals! i'm jumping in!
@nina, I just found out i'm 5'4 I gained 2 inches recently when my cousin and I were measuring!
@ sassafrass! I love your blog! what an inspiration

@ everyone, Nice to meet u all, I'm really trying to get serious about my weight loss this time, I'm a repeat offender, i lose the same thirty pounds and get right back up to the 220's , I need to stay in a lower weight for my heart and my kids! plus i like to shop and i cant fit any clothes i really want to wear so i dont buy anything, I have all the same clothes from 3 years ago , (the last time I lost weight. I miss that feeling!

Phae 11-12-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheeriloos (Post 4526571)
Phae, I love that coat of yours!

Thanks! I actually got it last year at Old Navy on Boxing Day. $25!

Welcome to the thread! I'm new, too, but I like having somewhere to chat! Good luck on your journey! I like to shop, too. I'm a bit of an addict! I can't imagine what I'll be like when I fit into clothes in all the stores. :D