Old 10-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieBabyy View Post
Well, I did it. I made my fiancé promise to make me go to the gym even if I'm kicking and screaming, and he kept his promise. I walked 3 mph for 35 minutes, and he was jogging right there next to me. And you know what? I feel really freakin' good now!
Way to go! I also get really anxious about going to the gym when I've been slacking for a while, but it helps to get right back on the horse. The more you go the more comfortable it gets.
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #17  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

That link is awesome! I think anyone going through self confidence issues in the face of exercise should take that to heart. And it's true. I did a 10k when I was overweight and I came in second to last. But on my way to that finish line, when all the slim athletic runners had finished the race and were heading home, they saw me and stopped to applaud me and cheer me on. I actually did take off my headphones to hear it and I've never felt more prouder and inspired!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 373/364/190

Height: 5'11

I mentioned to someone once, that I thought the same things. I would be on the treadmil going slower than others or doing less time and they would be thinking .... no wonder she's such a fata**! But this guy (who is a total gym rat) told me NO ONE thinks that! They're just another person trying to better themselves, and good for them! And as another said, the super vain ones are too busy checking themselves out.

I was doing eliptical at the gym, and a trainer came up to say Hello, and introduced me to the woman on the machine next to me. She's all fit n thin and im like... oh yay another one of you... lol But then she's really friendly, and says that she's lost something like 150 lbs. She looks good now, but she knows what its like to be the fat chick. Who knows how many other people at the gym are the same?

Just remember, you are doing it for YOU! Who cares what anyone else thinks?!!? Hard I know, but keep at it!
TPA sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:52 AM   #19  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I'm a regular at the gym by my house and it's nothing like the "meat markets" I hear about. There are people running the spectrum of sizes and age, all there to work on themselves. I see plenty of very large men and women and my only thought is, "Go girl/boy!"
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote