Amanda

S/C/G: 165/134/128

Height: 5'3.5"

First name: Amanda

Geographical location: NY

Marital Status: Single, but seeing someone

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 1 dog, a 9-yr-old Havanese

Hobbies/Interests: Friends, shopping, reading, classical piano, organizing, music, dogs.

Height: 5'3.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 2011

Starting Weight: 165 lbs

Present Weight: 128 lbs

Goal Weight: 125ish lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Overeating/binging. Although I have been able to maintain a 35-lb weight loss, I still struggle with binging and constant snacking. I also struggle to eat enough fruits and veggies.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting using the Lose It app. At first, I was at the gym most days of the week, alternating between weights and elliptical. Now I try to hit the gym twice a week, and I do a fast-paced weights work out. Occasionally I do a Core Fusion dvd.
LAX826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #62  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Trying again with a new outlook

First name: Danielle

Geographical location: Portland, OR

Marital Status: Single

Pets: 3 yr old tabby cat- she's my baby!

Hobbies/Interests: Living natural, volunteering, reading, traveling, interior design, gardening, cooking, etc.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Green Eyes, Brown Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/26/12

Starting Weight: 191

Present Weight: 184

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Gotta plan ahead! Can't grab whatever is cheapest and easiest to shovel in

Following any specific plan: Log calories & exercise on livestrong.com, avoiding packaged foods, aiming for nutrition, as well as some sort of physical activity everyday. Whether that be doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred video or just going for a walk.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am more focused on the long term and nutrition. In the past I was most focused on my next weigh in.... had issues with binging and restricting.

Last edited by DRose; 01-07-2013 at 08:00 PM.
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #63  
Yeah, Im new

First name:

Geographical location: Maryland, USA

Marital Status: Engaged <3

Children/Ages: 2 Wonderful Boys 1 and 3

Pets: Fish

Hobbies/Interests: Hair, Beauty, Make up, Cosmetics

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Brown / Black and Copper

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/7/13

Starting Weight: 228

Present Weight: 228

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Resisting all the snacks and junk food I have at home. When you have little ones you ALWAYS gotta have snacks on hand.

Following any specific plan: WonderSlim

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I have set a specific weight I would like to be and I have given myself a time frame. Usually I just say I wanna lose weight. This time I am setting more specific goals in hopes that I will better succeed. Also, mini goals are important this time too. I am setting my mini goals at 15 lbs per month.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am excited to embark on this journey this time around with a real plan of action and support system. Its nice to be able to seek advice from others with a common goal and help each other thru.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #64  
Yeah, Im new

Oh and my names Amelia, dunno how I missed that line lol
Amelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #65  

First name: Tonia

Geographical location: Southern California

Marital Status: Long term

Children/Ages: Jack, 1 year

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: Boating, Kayaking, Jeeping, Vegas, kid activities

Height: 5’7

Eye/Hair Color: brown/hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Forever. Currently -1/7/2013

Starting Weight: 230

Present Weight: 230

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My love for eating and dining out

Following any specific plan: Eating low calorie. I kick-started my weight loss once in the past very successfully with Alli, to teach myself negative reinforcement. I am going to do that again.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I now have a child, which causes more time constraints with working out.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I lost about 55 lbs in 90 days 2 years ago. I am now back up there after having a baby, and need to lose it again, and keep it off!
iamtonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 207/197/125

Height: 5'7

First name: Natasha

Geographical location: Minneapolis, MN

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Daughter 7

Pets: 2 cats, Raj and Fuzzeh

Hobbies/Interests: Movies, tv, computer games (how sad)

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Carmel w/ blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Full force today 1/9/2013

Starting Weight: 207

Present Weight: 197

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I drink soooo much soda and redbull for the energy and taste. I also battle eating out everyday even though I shouldn't. Stress eater.

Following any specific plan: Going to try and cut out 1250 calories a day in just soda/redbull alone, and eat at home.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have lost a lot of weight in the past and have gotten to my GW but gained it all back because I did it by not eating. I am shooting for a healthy and natural way this time because I am so tired and depressed with being overweight.
Tashiesampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 265/205/150

Height: 4 10

First name: Jenny

Geographical location: All over the US

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages:

Pets:

Hobbies/Interests: photography

Height: 4'10

Eye/Hair Color: Green Blonde/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 2012

Starting Weight: 268

Present Weight: 205

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not having the ability to do as many things normally as others can. I only have a small refrigerator, and microwave. I can not cook many of my meals and most of them are store bought prepared. I also have very limited space to exercise in, as only in bed, and it is a twin size bed. Other than that, if I am in a safe area I can walk. I can not ride a bike or rollerblade, I am super uncoordinated.

Following any specific plan: No plan per say. The first 60 pounds was done by cutting back on the amount that I was eating, and by starting to eat more than once again. Now I am eating 5-6 times a day in much smaller quantities and counting calories as I go.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time is much more serious. At this point I literally hate myself and my body for becoming what I am. I have a hard time looking into the mirror and liking what I see. In the past I let depression, from the loss of a baby, and having cancer take me over. I want to be happier with who I am

Anything else you would like to share with us: I get down on myself quite easy, and pick at little things. My husband is wonderfully supportive, I guess when you literally spend 24/7 together you have to be. Between the two of us, last year, we lost over 100 pounds together.
wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #68  

First name: Maggie

Geographical location: STL/Notre Dame, IN

Marital Status: Committed Relationship

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Studying, Music, Movies, Friends

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 2012

Starting Weight: 151

Present Weight: 145.2 lbs

Goal Weight: 115 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Treating myself for always eating dining hall food!

Following any specific plan: Counting Calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I haven't been comfortable with my weight for years, but following surgery in June 2012 I have packed on a couple extra pounds. It's the final straw.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really looking foward to the support this community can provide!
mmcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 300lbs/210lbs/Healthy

Height: 5'1

First name: Kimberly

Geographical location: Connecticut, United States

Marital Status: In a long-term relationship

Children/Ages: None, but hopefully someday

Pets: 1 cat, Moxi

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, dancing, shopping, swimming, having fun, video games

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sometime in early March 2010

Starting Weight: About 300 lbs. (I refused to step on a scale)

Present Weight: 210 lbs.

Goal Weight: Size healthy...so maybe 170 to start with?

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated and not getting lazy with exercise programs. I'm a BIG procrastinator when it comes to my weight.

Following any specific plan: Watching what I eat and currently starting an exercise program (again)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't have as far to go as before, which motivates me a bit, but at the same time I want to procrastinate because "I've already lost a lot". But mainly because I have a fresh start at life and don't want the burdens of my past or weight to hold me back or waste my fresh start.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm looking forward to being on this website and the support that it provides. Hopefully this time I'll be able to stick with it and reach not only my goal but also stay there (big cheering smiley face and excited fist bump to the air!!!!)
Sweetsmooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #70  
Do you even lift, bro?

S/C/G: 125/109/110

Height: 5'3''

First Name: Aidan

Geographical location: USA

Pets: One dog

Hobbies/Interests: Cycling, weight lifting, spin biking, being outdoors, dog walking, hiking, ice skating, being with friends and family, dancing, sharing music

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/11

Starting Weight: 116

Present Weight: 116

Goal Weight: 100-105

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating with moderation to prevent binge eating

Following any specific plan: YES. Having a plan is essential! Plan ahead! I will be buying whole foods (lean protein, veggies, healthy fats) and preparing all of my food ahead of time. Cooking, washing, steaming, etc. then storing it in ziplock bags or tupperware. I use Fitday to count calories, I measure out and weigh portions on my food scale. I also do 45-60 minute cardio sessions at least three times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I will, honest to god, work very hard to incorporate moderation into my plan. I have a past history of anorexia followed by binge eating. I want to eat with moderation to reach my weight loss goals in a safe and healthy way.
Aidanqm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #71  

First name:

Geographical location: Ottawa, Ontario. Canada!

Children/Ages: None!

Pets: Two rats, two cats!

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, writing, reading, music, hanging out with my friends, school, history, philosophy

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark blue/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Officially? Dec 29th, thought I lost quite a bit of weight before that point.

Starting Weight: Highest weight ever was 260 lbs. I lost some of that going to the gym the summer before last, plateued at 238 for about 10 months, then got down to 220 this past August.

Present Weight: 204 lbs (lowest weight in 4 years) although I had a pretty gnarly injury and some of this is muscle loss, plus depression from being unable to move around and do the things I like to do...

Goal Weight: Not sure...I'm taking it 20 lbs at a time, I'm trying to build muscle as well so it's hard to say what weight I will be. I'm thinking 150 lbs, but we'll play it by ear.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Feeling like I had soooooo far to go and that it wasn't even worth it. I feel more motivated knowing the road is a bit shorter now.

Following any specific plan: Nope, diets/WW/TOPS/etc; none of that ever worked for me in the past. I'm old fashioned; diet and exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:This time I actually feel comfortable about my body and my appearance. I don't feel rushed, if the going is slow I'm ok with it. I'm happy with myself as I am but I know I'd be happier if I were thinner.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Naaaah
runawaymango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #72  
IP Start 02/17/2015

S/C/G: 265/230/150

Height: 5'7"

First name: Nichole

Geographical location: Alberta, Canada

Marital Status: Co-habitating

Pets: 4 fuzzy bunnies

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Drawing, tabletop RPGs and video gaming. (Nerd!)

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue-Green/Brown, Black & Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Most of my adult life. This round, however; November 2012.

Starting Weight: 265 lbs

Present Weight: 247 lbs

Goal Weight: I'd settle for 150, but research tells me that my ideal is somewhere closer to 130.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Persistence, and maturity. Previously, I'd lose some, then something like switching jobs or financial issues would throw me off track. Then my crappy eating habits would make it all creep back on, and then some. I never saw it as a true lifestyle change - never really set goals - until this time.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting with My Fitness, and mixing it up with YouTube fitness videos 4-5 times a week. Just overall making the switch to a cleaner, healthier lifestyle.

Last edited by LaughingLagomorph; 07-16-2013 at 09:44 AM.
LaughingLagomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #73  
TIME TO GET MY SEXY ON

S/C/G: 273/273/160

Height: 5ft3

First name:CICI

Geographical locationAMPA, FL

Marital Status:SINGLE BABY!
Children/Ages:1 BOY AGE 3

Pets:0

Hobbies/Interests:
SPENDING TIME WITH MY SON FAM ND FRIENDS, GOIN OUT, CHILLIN
Height:5FT3

Eye/Hair Color:BROWN/BROWN

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:1/14/13

Starting Weight:
273LBS
Present Weight:273LBS

Goal Weight:185LBS

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:EATING HEALTHIER

Following any specific plan:EAT HEALTHY EXERCISE 4X A WEEK CUT CALORIES

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:MORE MOTIVATED THAN EVER!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
SO READY FOR MY NEW AND IMPROVED BODY
CICI13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 180/160/140

Height: 5'3"

Post karcher bio

First name: Kim

Geographical location: Bermuda (Atlantic Ocean)

Marital Status: Happily Married

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: none right now

Hobbies/Interests: Travel, Photography, Corner of Love (Mission to Nicaragua)

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/ Brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Boxing Day! Dec. 26.2012

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight: 169

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Mental & emotional ties to food (emotional eating) & dealing with clinical depression.

Following any specific plan: Ideal Protein Protocol

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Hoping to change the way I view food especially carbs and sugar. Learning to give my body what it needs and seeing how much better I feel! Surprising myself that I don't really crave the breads and sweets I used to. Oddly enough my biggest craving off protocol has been fresh fruit and also peanut butter!!!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: My husband is VERY supportive of me on this journey.... my mother is not and this is really hard for me. It's rough when a girl can't talk to her mom about stuff and have her understand. I am doing this for health reasons. Diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and cancer all run in my family. I refuse to be diabetic like both of my parents if I can do something to change my fate now. Finally doing something for me!
karcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 342/298/185

Height: 5'11"

First name: Kayla

Geographical location: Alabama

Children/Ages: beautiful daughter Kendall/2

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: hanging with my friends, movies, playing with my daugter

Height: 5'11''

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/ Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/01/12

Starting Weight: 342

Present Weight: 307

Goal Weight: 185

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: to stay committed

Following any specific plan: Ideal Protein

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: More commitment actually following a certain plan!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am really excited this is the first real plan that I am wanting to fully commit and stick to

Last edited by kaylae24; 01-14-2013 at 08:46 PM.
kaylae24 is offline   Reply With Quote