What would you say to your once heavier self?

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • I would say "lose the all or nothing mentality." and "be patient and persistant."
  • Quote: I just finished looking a picture of me at that weight and all I can think to say to that girl is 'I'm sorry'.

That I could have ever treated myself that way fills me with so much sadness. I think sometimes about the things I didn't do back then, because I physically couldn't, or because I was scared, and I'm glad I'm still young and braver than I was. But she deserved better.
    This made me cry This. A thousand times this.
  • Stop snarking and projecting your insecurities on others, fix your diet, quit smoking, and get moving.
  • I would say you're beautiful <3 believe in yourself, never be sad, you can do anything if you set your mind to it.
  • I'm sorry that you were dealt such a crappy hand, and I realize now that you were doing the best you knew how to deal with all that pain. But I would tell you that losing weight isn't as hard as you think and that you don't have to work yourself to death or be an athlete to do it.
  • To my 275lb self:

"You are beautiful, now start treating yourself better!!!! Wake the f**k up and tear up those cigarettes, throw out the excess alcohol, stop emotional eating for just a few seconds of taste bud pleasure, get your a** up and go for a walk. Keep doing it, every single day. You will have ups and downs but you have to BELIEVE in yourself. Everyone else does, now treat yourself with that same respect. Do it NOW."
  • Put down the beer. And it IS okay to take the other half of that burrito home..
  • Quote: I just finished looking a picture of me at that weight and all I can think to say to that girl is 'I'm sorry'.

That I could have ever treated myself that way fills me with so much sadness. I think sometimes about the things I didn't do back then, because I physically couldn't, or because I was scared, and I'm glad I'm still young and braver than I was. But she deserved better.
    This! Yup this is exactly what I would tell her.
  • Quote: Put down the beer. And it IS okay to take the other half of that burrito home..
    Hahaha. "No one is going to die if you don't clean your plate"
  • I'd hug my former self and convince her it was okay to go do things on her own. A lot of what held her back was fear of disapproval. I'd tell her to not seek comfort in food and I'd tell her that even a small change can make all the difference in the world.

Because that's how I got where I am now. One very small change.
  • Losing weight is not a race. BE PATIENT!
  • Being pregnant is not an excuse to eat for 20 people! All those milk shakes and burgers won't come out with the baby! Lol

I was at 197 two weeks after my daugther was born and it took me a whole year to get down to 176...
  • You are not okay. You need help. You can't deal with things by cutting yourself. Talking would be a good idea.
  • I'm about twenty five pounds away from my heaviest weight, which feels like an accomplishment, but nowhere near my goal weight. I find it to be a state of mind. I would tell me free-wheeling past self that it is not that hard, to work on separating emotions from eating, and to commit to being healthy.
  • I would say that life will get better. You won't be the fat friend forever. Losing weight IS possible, but it takes a lot more than a little walking and hoping. What you are doing isn't healthy, and it's not normal. Losing weight takes time, but it feels incredible. It's not embarrassing to admit that you need help. You have SO MANY people rooting for you, who want what's best for you and want you to be happy.