3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   How long did it take for your loss to show? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/266163-how-long-did-take-your-loss-show.html)

Atarimae 09-13-2012 03:31 PM

How long did it take for your loss to show?

Since I've only been seriously "at it" for a 2-3 weeks now, I'm just curious as to how long it takes for YOU to notice you've lost weight, as well as how long it took for OTHERS to start noticing?

Personally, I don't see any physical changes yet, but I definitely can feel it. Hopefully I can start noticing soon! :)

Everlasting 09-13-2012 04:20 PM

I don't think I've really noticed a change in my appearance, but it only took a week for me to notice I was feeling better, had more energy, more endurance, and my knees don't hurt when I walk anymore.

graciegoose13 09-13-2012 09:36 PM

I'm at about your height and when I started loosing again at around 155/160, I think it took about 2 weeks for me to see a difference (standing in front of my mirror naked, haha) and about a month for other people to start noticing. Around 3 months in, when I finally got down to the lower 140s, that's when people really started to make comments.

GOOD LUCK!

Atarimae 09-13-2012 10:00 PM

Everlasting ~ I took about a week to notice the energy as well! Today was actually the first day I could sleep in til 11 if I really wanted to, but I ended up getting up at 8:30! Not normal for me! Ended up doing some housework..haha.

I'm glad that you're around my height, gracie. It really helps to put things into perspective. Good luck to you as well! :) You're really doing well!

Everlasting 09-13-2012 10:43 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean about the waking up. The last few days I've actually been non-zombieish when my toddler wakes me up at 6:30am. I woke up before her today, in fact, and couldn't fall back asleep. Just wasn't tired anymore.

SoMuchFattitude 09-14-2012 07:58 AM

This is terrible, but I've lost 106lbs and I still don't see a difference. Everyone else does, but not me. OH HAI BODY IMAGE ISSUES....GTFO.

junebug41 09-14-2012 05:07 PM

It was a good 35-40lbs before people noticed "something different". I'd say 20lbs in is when I started feeling like a "skinny girl".

katiekish 09-15-2012 11:04 AM

I don't see a difference. Some people mention it, others haven't, but I haven't lost a lot yet. I've heard once you get down into the lower numbers (220 - 130, for me) then each 5lbs REALLY makes a visual difference.

Runic 09-16-2012 02:42 PM

It took me actually comparing photos side by side to notice anything after like 70 lbs... but it's a body image thing. That's why others will notice sooner than you will sometimes. But health wise... I noticed RIGHT AWAY. I felt better, had more energy and solved a lot of health problems I was having at the time just by exercising and dropping a few pounds.

I think it can also depend on your percentage of weight lost. If you lose 20 lbs and you're only 50 lbs overweight, you'll probably see it sooner than if you lose 20 lbs and you're 100 lbs overweight. But if you don't see it it's probably a body issue thing. Don't let it discourage you. It will take time for it to sink in, You look at yourself everyday so those small changes are hard to see. But once you start seeing them you'll feel good about it. This week I've noticed that my jawline looks great. I've lost a total of 82 lbs, but the most recent 10 lbs have made a huge difference in my face.

DisappearingActs 09-16-2012 04:28 PM

When I was bigger it took about 40 pounds for others to notice. 20 for me.
Now it takes about 5 for my husband to notice, 10 for me to notice.