Old 09-07-2012, 04:06 AM   #46  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

pinksparkles: Yes! I'm teaching English, but not in Bangkok. At the moment, I'm working in the northeastern part of the country. I'd say it's pretty close to the American South--conservative, rural, super friendly people, delicious food, and absolutely beautiful. I love it, but I'm ready for some city living!

namaste: good luck with the medications! I hope you're finally getting everything figured out!

jmko: congrats on your loss! i'm back here recommitting myself too. It's always nice to hear from others in similar situations!
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

beahawkins I'm so sorry! Food poisoning is the absolute worst. Let your body get rid of the bad food. You'll probably feel better in a day or two.

pinksparkles Congrats on the baggy pants!

namaste Great news! good luck with your new plan.

jmko welcome!

This week has zoomed by! And so far Friday has passed quickly as well. Let's hope the weekend sloooooows down. Excited cause I don't have class tonight! I have homework to do, but that's okay.
I need to bring my car to the dealership to get work done. Sigh. That is going to be an expensive trip. AND I just found a tack in one of my tires (there's a ton of construction by my apartment and I'm willing to bet it came from there). Hopefully they can...take it out and patch the hole? I dunno. Hopefully the other tires are okay....
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #48  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

quickly checking in to say that I'm extremely grumpy today and it's taking everything in me to not eat the feelings away. Cooking a healthy dinner tonight even though I was so close to ordering pizza or something instead. SIGH.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #49  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

Just think of how much better you'll feel after your healthy meal than greasy pizza, leighish! Tomorrow's another day, hopefully the grumpiness goes away!

Today was a good day for me- got my 40 minutes of running and biking in and ready to start the weekend. My knee's a little sore again, but gotta push through!
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #50  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

jmko - Nice to see another member from the islands!

Ballerina - Aww, I hope the tire can get patched instead of paying for another! $___$

leighish - Wow, major congrats on conquering that speed bump. You'll definitely wake up happier the next day, instead of regretting going the pizza route!

pinksparkles - Great job on staying on track! Hope the knee gets better though.

~~
I thought I'd finally post here, since the less I post, the more likely I am to fall off track. I kick started my weight loss this week on my first 5 days of the belly fat cure - fast track, and am down 4.4lbs! Wooow!

And I've been having way too much fun doing Cassey's Gangnam Style workout on Blogilates haha!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #51  
Are we there yet????

So after dinner I even went out and walked two miles. Bad mood sort of vanquished. I think my next step is to shower and hit the hay.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:58 AM   #52  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Not happy at all! I read all through page 3 and started my post and then pressed the next button! Uhhhhhh!!!!! Here it goes again! : )

Gracie: good luck figuring out your new plans!!

Fattitude: Good luck with the monthly weigh ins. I can understand feeling obsessive about it, but knowing me I would be more obsessive not knowing than checking.

Namaste: Good luck with your new meds! Hope the change was for the best!

JMKO: good luck with your plan and have lots of fun in Vegas!!!

Ballerina: I thought the week felt fast also. I thought it was because I was asleep off and on through the day and so very unproductive! Hope your week was great even if it did go by fast! Good luck at the dealership! If you do need new tires I have been watching a crazy amount of television and there are some decent tire deals going on!

Atarimae: great job on the 4.4 pounds!!! can you tell me more about blogilates?
-----------------
I am almost feeling back to normal but I have yet to kick it completely. I am hoping it happens so I am kind of done with tummy troubles. and I really miss my workouts. Though I am not scared at all about my next weigh in. I am wondering how long these things normally take. I will never look down on food poisoning pain again!

Idk what happened but last weekend I got a few pairs of jeans in varying sizes because torrid was having a crazy sale on clearance. I walked out with the largest fitting right now (20). Now after these crazy days I fit in i the stretchy 16. Excited about the small size. Not excited that I spent $40 on jeans that no longer fit.

Something cute happened the other night. I was texting the guy I've been talking to joking saying he should come over and get me a glass of water and turn off my kitchen light. He said he was on his way and about 20 mins later he was here. We ended up watching t.v. for a few hours and he was really polite when I had to excuse myself when I was feeling sick. It's amazing how different he is than the last one. It makes me feel silly for wasting so much energy on the him.

Here's to getting on with things I haven't had the energy to do!
Have a great weekend!
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:11 AM   #53  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Wow, I suck at keeping on top of this thread this month...

Iconised Ghost: I LOVE THAT GUY. My favorite is his Doctor Who theme cover...so good. Everyone can use a little more metal in their life.

graciegoose: I know the feeling...I live in the middle of nowhere teaching English in Japan. I don't even LIKE cities, but at this point I'm wishing that I was in one just because I feel so isolated.

QB: Ugh...car troubles are the worst...hopefully you'll get out of there with your wallet at least partially still intact.

leighish: Sorry to hear that you were having a rough day, but I'm glad that the walk helped. Sleep is always a good thing too...

pinksparkles: Way to go, but remember not to push too hard...any time you're hurting, remember to hold back a little or a little ouchie can turn into a major issue that can put you out of commission for far longer than would have otherwise been necessary. That's not to say you should slack off when you've got such a good head of steam going, but listen to your body and if it starts complaining too loudly, stop and get yourself some ice.

Atarimae: Congrats on the big drop! Hopefully you'll stay successful on that plan.

bea: Congrats on the smaller size! I've gone from an 80cm waist pant in June to a 67 cm waist pant being a little loose at this point, so I know the frustration of shrinking out of brand new jeans, but hey...at least you didn't pay full price then shrink out of them at the speed of light. Good to hear that things are going nicely with your internet guy too

---
For me...frustrating week. Lots of classes, horrible weather keeping me indoors (and the neighbor/thin wall combo keeping me from doing most of my exercise videos), and to top it all off, I got EXACTLY the same number on the scale for my challenge weigh-in as I did last week. GAH. So much for my attempts to avoid weighing every day. I'm working my little buns off before tomorrow night so that I can (hopefully) at least post a loss in the biggest loser challenge weigh in, but I imagine that even that won't be pretty. I also found out that my boyfriend will be home from training for Christmas, which makes me even more furious that my board of education was kind enough to cancel my Christmas break.

Off to bike until my legs are ready to fall off...time to make magic happen...

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 09-08-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #54  

Guys guys guys! I went thrifting today, and got a pair of size 10 shorts that fit! The brand doesn't sound too modern, either.. so maybe less vanity sizing than normal. Woohoo!

This is basically a giant NSV because I used to wear 20s... so half that is pretty okay with me!
Old 09-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #55  
Are we there yet????

that's awesome PinkSparkles! I'll never forget that one time when I fit into an 8 for the first time in my teen or adult life. I'm pretty sure I kicked that door open and yelled at my husband OMGLOOKATME!

maybe again, one day.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #56  

I totally wanted to do that, leighish, but I'm pretty sure the strangers at the store probably didn't care.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:26 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quiet Ballerina: What happened to your car?

leighish: Good job on not giving in!!

pink sparkles: Go go go!!

Atarimae: It's always so nice to meet someone else from Hawaii! Which island?

bea: He sounds like a sweetie! Is that the guy in your avatar pic?

hotaru: I found weighing in everyday isn't for me. Even though I'm tempted, my weight fluctuates like crazy during the week. I made it a point to only weight myself Monday mornings. It kept me from binging on the weekends and felt like it more accurately tracked my weight loss. Sometimes it's not all about the numbers on the scale either. Try taking measurements.

So this is extremely terrible of me, but I'm trying to get all my cravings out of the way before I start my life-style change. I had some AMAZING kahuku garlic shrimp (yay Romy's shrimp shack!) earlier today. I know once this starts I'm going to miss all the starch - white bread, pasta, rice, etc. I used to dream about the stuff last time I did the weight loss thing. What do you crave?
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

leighish how was your healthy dinner? I wanted to order pizza too (from this placed that uses natural ingredients)...but the website said online ordering wasn't available for my area. Which is really weird, because I've ordered from them online before! Oh well. Stopped me from ordering the pizza. Great that your bad mood vanished.

pinksparkles Great job! Congrats on the smaller shorts!

Atarimae I wound up not going in. It'll have to happen next weekend. I need to call and make an appointment. I'll be furious if I have to buy a new tire because mine aren't even 2 years old, and it's bound to happen again because the construction has no end in sight.
What is the belly fat cure? (nevermind, looked it up) cool! How's it going so far? Did you just start?

beahawkins ohmygosh I hate when that happens! Good to hear that you're food poisoning is on the way out. That sounds really sweet of that guy!

Hotaruchan :hugs: hang in there....

jmko Well, I have to get a few things replaced (transmission fluid, front brake pads) and then the other day I noticed a tack in one of my tires. And I don't know if that's something that should just stay in, or be removed and patched...? Oh, and I need to get my oil changed. With so much to do, i figured I'd just put it in the dealership's hands and come back a few hours later. But it has to be over the weekend cause of work sooo....next Saturday!

Someone (I'm so sorry, forgot who) wanted to know about my meal plan for the upcoming week. If you want to click on my blog (under my username) I made a quick entry about it. I have the main parts of breakfast/lunch/dinner, and a general idea for snacks. The snacks will mostly depend on which day it is/what's left in the fridge. Have to go tackle some homework now.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #59  
Are we there yet????

Ballerina: It was delicious and filling and I had leftovers the next night I've remained OP for 6 days in a row and I'm feeling good.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #60  

jmko, I definitely crave chocolate sometimes, especially around TOM. For me, a lot of trigger foods like that are better as out of sight, out of mind things, so I just don't keep them around. I know some people can limit themselves to 2 squares a day or whatever, but I'm definitely not one of them! :P I love carbs too, so I still eat them.. just in smaller quantities. Is your plan low carb?

6 days OP is great, leighish! Here's to another week of feeling just as good

Last edited by pinksparkles; 09-09-2012 at 06:14 PM.