3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   September Chat Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/265545-september-chat-thread.html)

pinksparkles 09-23-2012 12:33 PM

Chloe: Welcome to our chat! What's your story? :)

Lisa: Yay for fitness rooms! Healthy eating on vacay is definitely a challenge, and most people normally do wild- good on you for planning to hit the gym! Have fun in San Diego!

Ballerina: Sounds like you're a school superstar! How much long do you have left? You reminded me- my license expires on my birthday next month.. time to get a new picture (and weight!) :D

jmko: Have a great vacation! I always get teased when I pack to go somewhere.. I don't know how people do the little overnight bag thing. I like to have options. :p

namaste: Great job with your tests! I think I forgot/might have missed if you mentioned it before- what are you going to school for? Chili looks great! I used to hate chili when I was younger because it had so many beans.. but I've grown to like them now, so maybe it's time to try again!

-------

Whoosh update: Decided to take my weekly rest day on Saturday this time, because one of my friends wants to go to the gym with me! It's nice to have a partner in crime to navigate the intimidating weights with. ;) So, that means my weigh-in was today, and I was nervous as always.. it had been 2 weeks, due to TOM.

Guess what I saw: 164.0!!! 6-pound-in-2-weeks kind of whoosh! I was just hoping for a 16*-something! Now I'm below my 2nd goal - I gasped out loud. :lol:

I'm thinking I might try for 148, though. Still in my healthy BMI range, and it'll be the big 100lb loss milestone. I'm getting pretty small in my upperbody, though.. so if it doesn't start coming off my legs, there'll be **** to pay. :lol: The weightlifting I've started might help with that too!

Happy Sunday everyone!

SoMuchFattitude 09-24-2012 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Monday everyone!

We had a WONDERFUL time at the beach, but it got cut a little short. My BFF and her bf (my husband's BFF) broke up; well, he dumped her...they'd been talking about getting married and everything. They were high school sweet hearts and rekindled things three or four years ago. She was a hot mess, so we quickly came home early yesterday for support. We ultimately ended up going out for dinner with our other bff who had also broken up with GF of over a year over the weekend. Man, it was a cluster. Pizza and beer and bourbon...FML.

While we're on the topic of food - trip wise I did pretty good. I tracked everything and didn't go too nutso. The scale was DEFINITELY up this morning, but only by 3 pounds which I know is water weight since I had almost double my sodium intake over the weekend.

I'm exhausted. Yesterday was a very long day...

I don't know if any of you read my blog of not but I'm reflecting on some revelations I've had regarding myself/weight-loss/mentality.

OH HAI! HERE I AM AT THE BEACH in front of our umbrella!

Quiet Ballerina 09-24-2012 01:31 PM

jmko enjoy your vacation! Haha I completely agree with packing. So much stuff to bring between makeup and hair products and different clothing options. And the proper bra! I had to run out to the store and buy a strapless one last minute because I forgot to bring one on a trip once.

pinksparkles that is a fantastic whoosh!! Great job!
I still have two years of school left. And it's a year-round, non-traditional schedule...which means almost no breaks (I get a week here and there. Like this week, I'm off. Which is awesome!)

Somuch Oh no! Your poor friend. :( It's so nice of you and your DH to cut your vacation short for her. Wish I had friends like that!

I've been a busy bee:
-paid bills (yuck)
-returned my shoes and ordered the correct size
-went to the dmv. I had everything I needed...except my emissions test. Sigh. So I'll have to go back. Again. I went to two places to try and get an emissions test done but they both said it would be at least 2 hours waiting time.
-made smoothies!
Okay, so I'm not sure what will happen to the consistency, but I hope my idea works. I love smoothies, but hate cleaning out my blender everyday. So I made several batches of smoothies yesterday and poured them into (lol) breast milk bags, and stuck them in the freezer. I have one thawing out right now....so we'll see how it tastes. Fingers crossed!

update: the smoothie is a little runny (as I thought it might be) but not too bad! I'll take 'a little runny' over 'cleaning the blender every day!!' I must have grabbed one that was heavy on the spinach though. Wish it had some more strawberries or bananas to it.

I want my shoes to get here asap so I can get back to running....

namaste984 09-24-2012 05:56 PM

Hi all,

I've been hard at work on my blog, adding all kinds of things to it. I now even have clothing, which I think is terribly awesome but we'll see if anyone actually buys it. It's through a company who does it online. I'm also doing some logo design and other things. It's a lot of hard work but totally worth it. I also reckon if I keep tabs of things publically I'm less likely to screw up. All I know is I'm pretty much exhausted and need a break from the computer for a little while, lol. :) Nevertheless, wanted to check in and see how everyone's doing. :)

Atarimae 09-25-2012 03:55 AM

Chloe ~ Welcome! :hug: You'll find that chatting definitely helps.

Ballerina ~ So glad you didn't throw away your bc pills!

jmko ~ Oooh, have fun in Vegas! Enjoy yourself! And don't feel bad if you splurge on eating - my mom and I *LOST* weight in Vegas despite the eating, since we did so much walking. :lol:

namaste ~ Great grades! Vegan chili looks yum, even though I like my meats! Hehe.

Lisa ~ Keep pushing. You're doing well!

pinksparkles ~ Congrats on that woosh! Let's hope there's enough woosh to share with all of us. :lol:

SoMuch ~ Aww, break ups are never a fun thing. :( It's doubly bad when the added junk food is involved! Hopefully everything gets better though. She is a very lucky girl to have a support system like you and your DH. Nice beach pic, btw!

~~~
Ughhh, I really should slam my head on my desk for being so dumb about procrastinating. I start my new school next week, and am only registered for one class. Of course, I was only planning to take 2 or 3 since I am already taking 2 at a community college...but still, I hope to hear from my advisor soon!

On the plus side, yay for getting a 96 on one of my midterms on Thursday! :yay: The staying up and studying was well worth it!

However, I was sooo concerned with my weight! I kept gaining daily. I mean like 6/7 days this week, I weighed more than the previous. I was a mess, but luckily my mom kind of put it into perspective. (Okay, I know I sound crazy. It's just that I'm used to like...going up and down, but not going up every single day, to a point where I was up 2.5lbs from the previous week!) Anyway, when I weighed myself this morning, I was almost at where I was last Monday. PHEW! 1 more pound and I treat myself to a haircut! :)

namaste984 09-25-2012 08:50 PM

QB- Great job on the smoothie. At least it's not "breaking the blade off the blender," which my mum did with several blenders (she may need to use fresh fruit and ice instead of frozen fruits straight out of the freezer, lolz) before she got a industry-quality blender that's miraculously lived for a couple years now. :D

Atari-
Good job! Enjoy the haircut! :) And congrats on the awesome grade on the midterm. Studying hard pays off. Yeah even my overtly carnivorous boyfriend liked it, and usually eats my vegan cooking since I don't cook meat. (for ethical reasons, plus I hate the way it feels when it's raw! It grosses me out.)

SoMuch- Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure she was glad to have such a good friend. :)

Pink- I'm school for my RHIT creds (Registered Health Information Technician), which pretty much means I'm a medical record supervisor and help code for procedures that ultimately end up deciding how much the insurance company pays the doctor. I want to work at a hospital one of these days. Thanks, I'm not a huge fan of beans either, but the alteration on the recipe tasted really good.
----
Talk about a crazy weekend and week! I've been cooking and reviewing recipes and working on the blog, but tonight I'm taking some time to work on homework and other things. :) I have lost SIX POUNDS and am back to the all-time low weight I was as of recent. I'm so excited! :)

Well, I gotta get started on somework so I'll talk to you guys later! Take care!

SoMuchFattitude 09-26-2012 08:58 AM

Quiet: Yay for being productive! I still need to do my emissions, which actually infuriates me because my car is a 2009 model...2009 and I have to do emissions...WTF?!?! Is the smoothie runny from letting it thaw too much or what?

Atarimae Thanks so much! My body is crazy and does the same thing. It's so annoying.

namaste984 I work in a Children's Hospital and love it. Congrats on the weight loss!

--------

I'm in a funk. A really bad funk. I read the book Food: The Good Girls Drug and realized that I really do have a problem. I have an extremely unhealthy obsession with losing weight and my life revolves around it. I have so many body image issues from already losing 106lbs that I think I sabotage myself in fear of hitting goal and having an even more foreign body.

Long story short: I called my old counselor and set an appt up with him for next week to try and work through some of this sh*t.

My blogging has been kind of cathartic in a sense...I guess I'll move over there and finish in there.

Have a great day.

Atarimae 09-26-2012 01:18 PM

namaste ~ Wow, congrats to getting to an all time low! Also, it's good to know that if a carnivorous guy like your bf likes the food, it's definitely a good sign!

SoMuch ~ It is annoying isn't it? I don't understand why I weigh in daily only to see the scale go up half the time. It's a bad addiction to weigh myself so often. Oh no! I remember you bringing up that with your weight lost so far, you don't see a difference. Keep strong and I hope talking to someone will help! :hug:

Haaaaappy hump day everyone! On before I have to head to work - oh joy. I'm tired of being on time only for my other coworker to be at least an hour late for the last 3 of his 4 shifts. It's worse when his family member of a boss just shrugs it off like it's nothing! Eff that, that just means more work for me. Thank goodness it's just a student help kind of position. The positives weigh out more than the negatives though, so I suppose that is why I won't be leaving riiight away.

lisa34t 09-26-2012 02:18 PM

BOOOOOO, So I gained a pound in 2 days. Not happy at all, and I did atleast 30 mins on the treadmill both days I was there! Really bummed. Im at work now, I will catch up tomorrow.

namaste984 09-26-2012 03:35 PM

SoMuch- :hug: I know what you mean, funny how books have a way of putting things into perspective for you. I have felt like sabotaging a few times too, I haven't got beyond 217 in a long time and it feels weird to pass that number. I love to blog too, I've been doing it since before blogging was cool (remember Xanga? I so used that. :D) and now it just helps me put things in perspective.

Lisa- Hang in there, it'll come off before you know it! :)

Atari- Thanks! :) I realized that the figure I was using in the sidebar was actually adapted from my WW weight, which on the scale I use now would be around 214.4 rather than 217.4. Still, going from 223 to 217 in a couple days is fine with me. I think if I stay with my diet it will stay off.

-----
It was dishes day here at Chez Namaste, lol. It went really well until in a moment of less than clear thinking I tried to dump leftover chili I cooked that was no longer edible in a garbage bag. Now, we have a trash can and I didn't even think to put it in there. So, long story short, I missed by a little bit, and spoiled chili went EVERYWHERE. It was so gross and made a huge mess that took at least 10 minutes and a whole roll of paper towels to clean up. Yucky. Thankfully I learned the next time and put the rest in the garbage can, lol. So that's been my day.

I plan to start exercising in the next few days. At the moment though, I have a heel injury (i.e., nastily cracked heel) so I'll have to stick to weights. I can barely walk let alone run. :( Oh well, I've been doing great and am on day 5 of being vegan. I lost one more pound today, and I assume if I continue being vegan I will continue to lose weight. :)

Well, my cat is claiming my lap and nibbling my hands so I guess I'll sign off, have a good day all! :)

Atarimae 09-27-2012 02:30 PM

Lisa ~ Keep at it! Sometimes you can't trust the scale though. Last week I gained 2.5 lb but was eating well and exercising daily. This was all only to find out I lost *most* of it by Monday...:lol: keep doing the good and it'll be noticed!

namaste ~ It's really great to see that being vegan is working out so well for you! If I could lose that quickly, I'd jump that bandwagon too, but I can't handle not eating meat. I feel like such a man!

Yay Thursday is finally here. Thursday is my Friday, so last day of work and school for the week! :) I got into the class I needed for my new school too, so all's left is the payment to make.

Weighed myself this morning, like I do every morning. (I NEED TO STOP!!!) I'm down almost a pound from the beginning of the week, so cheers to that! My friend's bf is performing improv tomorrow though, and the place has a drink minimum! :eek: I'll probably try my best to stick to water. Anyway, time to head to class. I've got a quiz to ace, then 5 hours of work before my weekend starts!

Quiet Ballerina 09-27-2012 03:05 PM

Atarimae Awesome news about the grade! Did you get your classes scheduled?

namaste Oh wow! Luckily I have not broken a blender yet. If I had the money I'd love to buy one of those crazy expensive vitamix blenders. But they're over $500.
Congrats on the loss!!! And oh man....I can only imagine that chili mess.

SoMuch Maybe that's the problem with the smoothie. That I let it sit out for too long. I'm not sure. But really, it doesn't bother me if it's a little runny. Yes, the emissions tests seem very silly to me. I've never had to do them before, but VA requires it.
I think it's really great that you acknowledge your weaknesses and have someone you can talk to about them. :hugs:

My running shoes get here today!!
Actually, they've already arrived, but I'm at work so I can't go get them yet. I will be racing to the office at my apartment once I get home. Can't wait to try them on. So excited. Especially cause I need to get back in the gym. My weight is not looking pretty right now.

graciegoose13 09-27-2012 07:18 PM

hi everyone,

life's crazy busy and i don't think i'll have time to catch up until next week (october?!). just wanted to drop in and say, "YOU'RE AMAZING! Have a great weekend!!!"

gracie

SoMuchFattitude 09-28-2012 07:32 AM

Atarimae - I've been faced with the two drink minimum before. What I typically do if buy two, but either give them both away or have one and give my bff or my husband one.

Quiet - Happy running in your adorable shoes!!!

namaste984 - I'd be a terrible vegan. Good luck!!!

Gracie - You too!

----

Today is a Rap and Blueberry Coffee kinda morning, with a high of 87 - WTF? 87 at the end of September. I'm over it.

Regardless! I have quite the busy weekend ahead of me. We are going to 6Flags tonight and this will be/should be the first time I've fit into the rides in YEARS; like 6 years or so. I'm so excited and SO nervous that I won't fit again. Everyone says I'm being crazy - but that was a feeling I'll never forget.

Then Saturday morning we drive to the Tri and then we actually have a Triathlon on Sunday! Our last one of the season, which is kinda sad.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words! Today feels a bit better, but I fear it's because I was relatively pleased with the scale this morning.

namaste984 09-28-2012 09:43 AM

SoMuch- Glad you're feeling better. Blueberry coffee sounds awesome. :)

Gracie- Glad you dropped by. You're awesome too. :)

QB- We have a vitamix, that is what I meant by industrial-strength blender. My dad surprised my mum with it for Christmas one year. It works really well. This morning I'm making a pineapple and papaya smoothie with the rest of the papaya so it doesn't spoil. :) lol yes the chili mess was horrid... thankfully it's all cleaned up now and the smell is gone.

Atarimae- I actually get that a lot, lol. My boyfriend tends to get a little nonplussed if there's not meat in the food as well, so I usually tell him he's more than welcome to cook meat in my kitchen but I'm not touching nor eating it. It's much easier than starting an argument over it, lol. :)
------
My grand total this week was 8 lbs lost. I am not totally shocked, I had a similar reaction the last time I went vegan and it tends to keep going that way as long as you're getting enough nutrients and varying your food. Otherwise you feel weak and lethargic and tend to eat more.

My boyfriend is coming over today *happydance* and we are cooking together. We are making spaghetti with marinara sauce, a side salad, and some garlic bread with vegan butter. My boyfriend is going to make his a meat sauce by the sound of it, but thankfully I don't have to see or eat it because he'd probably get an earful from me if I did, lol. Tomorrow we are going to Taste of St Louis, it's a festival that has all these different food vendors and music and art, it will be a lot of fun. :)

Hope everyone has a great day. I've got one more class and then I'll be done like the other side of the (vegan) pancake. Take care!