Weight Loss for Babies!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I want to get to my goal weight before we try for another. My little boy was just born last month and I gained 45lbs. Now I have lost a bit of it, but it made my goal weight that much farther away.

I want to be 135 before we have a second so it's not so daunting to lose the weight after the baby
  • Oh man. I read the subject line of this thread and thought "who would put their baby on a diet?" Oops....

ETA: I see a few others read the title like I did. *phew*! Good to know I'm not the only one. hehe
  • I also read the title and had to do a double take.

I'm in a relationship right now, but I'm not married yet. Still, we plan on having children one day, and part of my reason for losing weight now is I really don't want to go through what my sister went through. We both have PCOS (mine much more syptomatic), but for a long time while she was trying to conceive she did not know she had it. She spent a year and a half trying to conceive (which for PCOS and at such a high weight is not really all that bad), and it nearly drove her crazy. I know it will be more difficult to conceive with PCOS no matter what my weight, but I also want to give my future baby the best start in the world as possible. My sister had terrible gestational diabetes despite a very controlled diet, and we all worried a lot for her as well as my niece. Food right now is just not worth a high risk pregnancy later.
  • I had my baby 10 months ago and I gained a lot more weight during the pregnancy than I wanted to, and I also haven't lost it yet. I really am planning on getting on the bandwagon and losing again because we'd like to have another baby, and I can't imagine going through a pregnancy at this weight.

I also need to lose because my 10 month old is craaaazy active and I need to be chasing her non stop (and imagine I will be doing so the next years).