Yoga NSV

• Hey guys,

I have been doing yoga for about five years now, everywhere from 237 lbs to 189 lbs to everywhere in between. And in all those years I have never been able to do a warrior three or any position where I had to lean forward on one foot and put my opposite leg back in perfect form. Or any balance moves, for that matter. I felt I was too heavy, had no confidence in my ability or anything like that.

Yesterday I was at my favorite yoga studio practicing, and they were practicing warrior three on and off the wall (for support) and I thought what the h*ll, if I crash and burn I do it in style. Thankfully, I didn't crash and burn, and managed to acheive the full form for maybe 2-3 seconds. Not exactly an eternity for a yogi to hold a pose, lol, but I was so excited! And I'm finally getting some confidence to handle stuff like this.

On a related note, I noticed some lift in my butt that I haven't had before, probably due to the strength training and walking that I do. I have never had a lift in my butt even when I was a teenager and skinny.

I'm rockin it to a hot body.
  • OMG Congrats! Achieving a difficult pose in yoga must be so rewarding. ^.^