Lightbulb ~ ** BeachHouse6's Daily Journal Thread ** ~

Okay, the diet starts TOMORROW!

Weight: 104.0 kg / 229 lb
Height: 6 foot ~

GOAL WEIGHT: 89 kg / 199 lb

I'm an Australian guy and I'm 22.

Schedule:

Work out
2 x 1/2 hour walks/jogs (1 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon)
1 x 1/2 hour bike (after lunch)
1 x 1/2 hour tennis
1 x 1/2 hour weight session (after morning walk/jog)

Food
Breakfast: 1 cup of Oats
Lunch: 1 x Apple, 1 x Banana
Dinner: Chicken with salad (spinach, avocado, capsicum, sprouts)
Snacks (1 after b/fast, 1 after lunch): Grapes, Tuna on biscuits

--------------------------------------------

How does that look? Any tips or feedback is appreciated! Hopefully I'll report back here tomorrow night and have done exactly that ^ !!!

Last edited by BeachHouse6; 07-18-2012 at 01:16 AM.
BeachHouse6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #2  
The Last 10lbs!

Hi Beachhouse! I like that you're planning ahead - that always helps me.

Are you usually as active in one day as listed on your thread? Like is the bike ride a regular thing to get to work etc? If you don't usually get in that much activity, you may find that you do too much too soon and that will encourage you to give up. It's a great exercise plan but the last thing you want to do when starting out is try to do everything at once

Your meal plan looks good too. The only thing I might suggest is having some protein at lunch - especially if you have recently finished lifting weights. You could maybe have some hardboiled eggs or a protein shake or something. Protein will help keep you full and it's good for repairing your muscles after lifting too! You can't be afraid to eat a lot, especially if you're lifting weights. I find that the day after a good strength training workout I am absolutely ravenous! As long as it's good, clean food (as it looks like it is), you will lose weight and build muscle.

Best wishes and good luck! You can do it!

Last edited by freedomreins; 07-18-2012 at 11:46 AM.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #3  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Hm... Are you weight training to build muscle? You definitely need protein in your diet, and a lot of it. The meal plan looks pretty clean, but you definitely need to up the calories. Like Freedom said, you should have some protein right after lifting, within 30 minutes or so. It'll help repair your muscles and make recovery not so agonizing. Don't forget your rest days, I usually do a 2 on 1 off.

Calculate your macros and how many calories you should be eating. If you're building muscle you're actually going to need to eat above maintenance. Pretty much, it's basic broscience.

I'm pretty sure there are some good stickies in the weight/resistance training forum.

Good luck brah!
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote