Old 07-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default ~~*Come and celebrate the Winners of the Bikini Ready Challenge 2012!!*~~

Welcome to a thread celebrating the amazing ladies who have finished the Bikini Ready Challenge of 2012. I thought I’d create this thread to show off my winning gals who have dedicated themselves to a goal and have come so far. So join me in congratulating their achievements! You’re all winners to me!

She was hesitant on joining the challenge in the first place and ended up WINNING the challenge by a considerable amount! In January she weighed 173.6 lbs but at the end of the challenge she weighed in at a sexy 135 lbs – losing a total of 38.6 lbs! WOW! She won the challenge by losing 22.24% of her body weight. Join me in giving her a huge congratulations.

Quote:
Do you feel bikini ready?
I did happily wear my bikini already, but I did wish that my body was a bit more toned. So the answer is, yes and no. But ready enough to rock it!

Which celebrity do you think has a bada$$ bikini body?
Theres so many, but I'm a fan of rachel bilsons

What was your diet/eating plan like during the challenge?
I ate portion control, and followed a plan of so many servings of fruit, vegs, dairy, grains, and protein.

What exercise did you do?
I went to the gym 5 days a week. 3 days a week I did an hour of cardio and 2 days a week I did 20 min of cardio and 50 min of weights

How did you stay consistent throughout the challenge?
Since I had my mexico vacation at the end of the challenge it was easy not to give up, because I wasn't allowed to. Once I get into a routine its not that hard for me to sick with it

Will you be joining the next challenge or are you maintaining now?
Once I buy a scale for my new place I will definitely be joining the halloween challenge.

Pandas or Koalas?
Hmm tough call. I'll go with pandas

Anything you’d like to say to any hopefuls reading this and looking to you for inspiration (which they should)?
Awe thanks, I wish I was a inspiration to myself. All the other amazing ladies are such an inspiration to me too. Find a activity you love to do and stick with it, get into a routine and be proud of every accomplishment

She may have only joined the challenge in week 18, but man did redvelouria work hard to make an imprint on the final charts! At the beginning of the charts she weighed 205 lbs but by the end she lost a massive 25 lbs to weigh in at a delicious 180 lbs. That makes her total percentage of weight loss 12.20%. Well done!!

Quote:
Congratulations on being the runner up of the Bikini Ready Challenge! How does it feel?!
I'm feeling pretty sensational and awesome, thank you very much! I worked so hard and it's great to be recognized. However, everyone worked so hard and deserves a big "GOOD JOB BIKINI LADIES!" Now go spread that sunblock on your lovely bikini bodies!

Totally. I haven't been this skinny since my early 20's. Funny thing is, I never wore a bikini then. Now, I can't wait!

Charlize Theron. She's the goddess of the universe.

I use WeightWatchers to track my portions. My typical day goes like this:
Breakfast: Fruit and vanilla almond milk.
Lunch: More fruit and a peanut butter and apple butter sandwich.
Dinner: Tofu burger with avocado, tomatoes and onions with a side of asparagus and broccoli (spray with olive oil, add fresh cracked pepper and sea salt, bake in the oven).
Anytime snack: Walnuts, pinenuts, banana or some light popcorn. Sometimes some chocolate almond milk!

I did TRX twice a week until I built up my strength. Now I go for 30-minute jogs with my dogs and go roller skating 1-2 times a week for an hour each time. I also started riding my bike a few weeks ago. All in all, I probably exercise 4-6 hours per week.

I changed my relationship with food. I realized that being hungry is not an emergency and that food is NOT a reward for working out, having a bad day or because I'm tired or hung-over.

My husband was not a supporter at first, but then he embraced my growing tendency toward vegetarianism and made lots of compromises. I couldn't have gotten this far without him!

Dude, I already time-traveled into the future and am 160 pounds and have finished the next challenge in the top 4 finalists.

Pandas or Koalas?
A koala riding a baby elephant.

Anything you’d like to say to any hopefuls reading this and looking to you for inspiration (which they should)?
Don't f-ing stop ever. Fight the acceptance of mediocrity and become fabulous now. You ain't getting any younger, honey! What are you waiting for???

She had some stiff competition but Shellbellster managed to take the third prize and it’s very much well deserved! In January she weighed in at 263 lbs, but by the end she weighed in a 233.6 lbs losing a total of 29.4 lbs. Awesome job! Her total percentage of weight loss was 11.18%. Rock it girl!

Quote:
Congratulations on coming in third of the Bikini Ready Challenge! How does it feel?!
It feels good! I really didn't think I was doing so well the past 2 months, but I guess I did better than I thought.

Oh, no! 233lbs is not something to show off in a bikini. I can wear a smaller swimsuit, though.

I think Kim Kardashian looks amazing in a bikini!

Only drink water, limit potatoes and pasta to a few times a month, and eat lots of veggies!

Honestly I was only lifting weights. I am hoping to start exercising again once my sister and her family can move back into their house. Right now they are living in the basement where my workout equipment is.

I actually think my weight loss was not consistent! I would lose 7 pounds one week and then gain 2 the next.

I will always be joining these challenges until I can reach my goal of 135lbs.

Pandas or Koalas?
Pandas!

I keep getting mad that this weight isn't coming off as fast as it has for some, but I think I'm WAY more likely to keep it off in the long run. Will power has been one of the tools I use most often. Living in a house with people who eat anything they want is hard to be around.
::

During the challenge I was awarding points to those who were losing pounds week by week and tallying up their progress. Since we have already awarded the top 3 winners overall I have awarded the next in line in the challenge charts for the prizes. Here are the results!

Since joining the challenge in week 10 Leilajey has been kicking some serious behind week by week by collecting some high points for her weight loss! She weighed in at the start of the challenge at 166.4 lbs and finished at 148 lbs losing a total of 18.4 lbs, which is 11.06% of her body weight. OMGOOSEAMAZING!

Quote:
To be completely honest I don't feel bikini ready but I do have a nice swimsuit and I'll wear that happily this year. I definitely feel like I'm on the way to happily wearing a bikini at some point, which is something I never believed I would do. So for me that's a really great feeling.

Megan Fox but I'll never look like that

My main problem with gaining weight was portion control so that's the first thing I changed, I already ate mostly healthy food but too much of it. Also I ate too much pasta, a regular meal of mine was just pasta with sauce stirred in. I stopped eating chocolate everyday and generally only have desserts on special occasions. I hardly ever crave it now but after I do have some it's harder to avoid it for a while so for me it's not really worth it. I eat mostly whole foods (I think haha). Things I eat most often: Greek yoghurt, sugar free muesli with nuts, bananas, lots of vegetables, whole wheat pitta bread, sweet potatoes, eggs, chicken fish, beef, pork (ok lots of meat.. yum yum), goat's cheese, feta cheese and lots of salad. I eat normal food, try to avoid diet versions and just pick healthy options as much as possible.

For a good chunk of the challenge I didn't do much as I was on medication that made my heart race for ages when I did any kind of real exercise. This totally freaked me out! Now I try to cycle when the weather's nice, sometimes I use a mini stepper, walk as much as possible and I really want to start heavy lifting

I really want to be healthy, happy and comfortable in my body. Sure there were times when I ate Chinese food for dinner or ate some extra cake or whatever but that's ok, I realised that those extras are part of life and that's nice. Also some healthy competition was definitely encouraging! Entering a gain/no loss really made me want to do better the next week.

Already in the next challenge Roll on Halloween!

Pandas or Koalas?
Oh Pandas all the way! Black, white and Asian

Don't be so hard on yourself if you eat something you feel you shouldn't have. Life happens. Don't get discouraged if you see a gain. You have the power to make the change and you deserve it. It's not always easy but it's so worth it.

Losing a massive 20 lbs over the challenge Darlingbrit lost 7.49% of her body weight and came in second in the challenge chart! Congratulations!

Philana posted up a picture in the Bikini Ready Challenge thread and we all loved her rocking body, fully clothed! So imagine the awesomeness of her bikini body! Philana started out at 147 lbs and ended the challenge at 133 lbs losing 14 lbs. That’s a 9.52% drop in her body weight! Congrats!

Quote:
I should, but to be honest - not yet. Hihi. My legs are still a problem area. But I would not NOT wear a bikini if the weather clears up SOMEDAY in this terribly wet and cloudy country and I'd visit the beach. So that's yay.

Probably all of them, except for the really skinny ones. I never really look at that to be honest. Too depressing, since it's all photoshopped and we will never look like that. Which is fine. But yeh, no inspiration for me.

I ate around 1200 calories the first bit, but switched to 1400-1700 later on because it wasn't working. I also managed to get to a point where my mind is not constantly thinking about food, which made it easier.

I'm an on-again-off-again type of person, had a few weeks were I hit the gym 3 times or more. I started running in January and now I can run 12k. I started cycling doing like 20 to 40 miles. The best thing that came out of doing so many things is I found what I love and I stick to that, now I go out to exercise because I want to. And it's nice tha it burns some calories too.

I did not. Like, not at all. I fell off the wagon for atleast 2 months total I think. LOL. A few weeks here, a few weeks there. Everytime not gaining more than 2lbs and always getting back on again at some point. I guess that is the most important thing.

I've been maintaining sorta everytime I fell off the wagon, and I am at a weight where I dont really need to lose more weight, but after working this 'hard' (ahum ) I want to see if it's possible to reach the goal of being superslim and lean looking. I am not willing to work super-hard for it, so we will see how it goes. I joined the next challange, so hope to see a bunch of you guys there too!

Pandas or Koalas?
Panda's should be extinct.

- find the exercise you like
- eat more than 1200 calories
- don't be in a hurry

And most importantly:
- GET BACK ON THE RIGHT TRACK everytime you go off wandering. Seriously. I've gone off and back on so many times I can hardly count. And not just for a day, sometimes for 3 weeks. But that is not the end of the world. And by now I know that I will never be the person that gains everytime back again. Because I can face the consequences of my bad weeks and don't hide.

Added note: I wanna thank all you girls for the great support. We've all lost a ton the past few months and it's so cool to read your stories and see how everyone is doing. Keep it up!
I also want to congratulate and give special shout out to JAZZANG, who no matter what recorded her weights week by week for 25 whole weeks! Her dedication to the challenge has been most humbling to me and I think she deserves credit.

Finally here are a list of the amazing girls who made it to the end. Congratulations on your loss and keep it going (preferably in the Halloween challenge =p)

Dayoneagain ~ 18.5 lbs lost/9.14% body weight lost
Quiet Ballerina ~ 13.5 lbs lost/8.71% body weight lost
Astrix83 ~ 22.6 lbs lost/8.61% body weight lost
Crazygurl61 ~ 11 lbs lost/7.49 body weight lost
Riestrella ~ 12 lbs/7.41% body weight lost
Princessgina00 ~ 14 lbs lost/7.18% body weight lost
Meltaway ~ 14.4 lbs lost/6.58% body weight lost
Jazzang ~ 10 lbs lost/6.45% body weight lost
Cheece ~ 13.2 lbs lost/6.44% body weight lost
Em123 ~ 9.5 lbs lost/5.72% body weight lost
Jessica2231 ~ 10.2 lbs lost/4.85% body weight lost
SeaUrchin ~ 8 lbs lost/3.96% body weight lost
Isobelrose22 ~ 4 lbs lost/2.27% body weight lost
Sgregg ~ 4.6 lbs lost/2.09% body weight lost
Daki ~3 lbs lost/1.61% body weight lost

Through all the ups and downs, we made it to the end! Fun fact, 140 people dropped out of this challenge! So be proud that you stayed accountable to the end. See you in the Halloween challenge!

Last edited by Riestrella; 10-10-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:03 AM   #2  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

BUMP! Show some love!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:15 AM   #3  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Oh wow, Riestrella! This is so nice! Thank you so much and to all of the women who won something, you rock! We all did so ****ing (stars) well!

Seriously Riestrella, this is amazing, so thanks for all of your time and effort both during the challenge and this.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:31 AM   #4  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

You're very welcome!! As long as one person appreciates it then it wasn't time wasted! I had fun running the challenge and doing these little awards, can't wait to do it for the Halloween challenge!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Riestrella - I am amazed by your dedication to these challenges and the effort you put in, not only for your own goals but for everyone else too.

Bits of your awards just made me laugh-out-loud at my desk!

So a massive thank you for doing these, and giving us the encouragement and motivation to keep going!

Oh, and huge congratulations to everyone who finished this challenge! I've not started off well in the Halloween challenge, but determined to get back on track and join the winners!
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:25 AM   #6  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Congratulations to all! Now, hit the beach ladies!

Kudos to Riestrella,
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #7  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

*Whistles* Hot damn...Way to go! I spotted this way too late in the game, but hopefully I can make some progress by August so that I can enjoy my bikini at least a little before the summer's over. I'm jealous of how awesome you all are!
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #8  

Height: 5'2"

i didn't take part in this one..congratulations to everyone!! keep it going!!!
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations to the winners! You inspire me to do well on the next challenge! And good luck on the rest of your weight loss or maintenance!

Also, Riestrella: you're hilarious.
runthecontinent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: hw175/145/140

Height: 5'6"

Great Job Ladies!!! I might have to join the Halloween challenge even though its a few weeks in. Rie, you did such a wonderful job on the awards and really made it special for the ladies. Such a great way to offer encouragement.

Last edited by Domlacha; 07-05-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Domlacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 176/173/155

Height: 5'7

Way to go ladies!!

What a nice gesture of recognition, Ri!
kariatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:56 AM   #12  
Raw Ramp

S/C/G: 205/164/150

Height: 5'10"

Thank you and congrats everyone!!!

I keep coming back to this thread for a little giggle. Squark indeed!
redvelouria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:04 AM   #13  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Awesome!!! Way to go, ladies.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 160/145.5/135

Height: 5ft 3

Wow I made it into the winners post! So surprised! Thanks for including us who made it to the end too! Hehe.

Congrats to all the ladies who won the golds, silvers and bronze! So inspirational!
And more importantly, thank you Riestrella for running this challenge!

P.S. How come you didn't put yourself in there?? I just checked and you lost 12lb/7.41% of your body weight which is amazing! Congrats! ^^

Last edited by Em123; 07-06-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Em123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Great job, Rie!! Loved the awards! And congrats to the ones that did so well during the challenge! Good job, ladies! Keep up the good work!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote