Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default ~*Sexy For Halloween 2012 Challenge!*~

WELCOME TO THE SEXY FOR HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE!

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BELOW BEFORE YOU BEGIN!

Hey everyone! I’m Riestrella, and I’m addicted to running spreadsheet challenges! So here’s my brand spanking new spreadsheet challenge – Get Sexy For Halloween 2012/Keep Losing Over Summer!

“What is a spreadsheet challenge?”
You simply go to the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...C1NSUQ3NDNBOXc
Then enter your exact forum username, your starting weight and each week enter your weight in the appropriate column and see your progress happen as the weeks go by. What’s brilliant about these challenges is you can join in ANY TIME! It’s simples!

“That’s a bit boring, isn’t there something more to this?”
Why yes! This is also a CHALLENGE. Each week you earn points for how much weight you lose each week. If you lose weight consistently over the weeks you’ll start dominating the Challenge Chart! Pride and Health is a pretty snazzy (and free) prize!
Not only is there a Challenge Chart but there’s also an Overall Chart – so we can see who is reigning supreme over all of our gorgeous selves!
What’s great about these charts is that you don’t have to have lost LOADS of weight overall to chart – you can gain one week then lose loads of pounds the next and still earn points for the Challenge Chart. That’s pretty b!tchin’ wouldn’t you say?

“Wait a second. I understand the more bootylicious people lose more pounds in a week than someone who’s closer to their goal. That’s not fair!”
Fear not my sugar coated tropical koala bear. The charts are determined by your percentage of weight loss, basically how much of YOU you have lost. It’s how they determine the weigh ins and winners on the awesome show The Biggest Loser. And I love that show. It’s why I’m here!

“Ok, this all sounds freakin’ AWESOME. But there’s a catch. What are the rules?”
WELL! Here are the rules and instructions:
  • Go to spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...C1NSUQ3NDNBOXc
  • Enter your exact forum username, start weight, then scroll over to the right and enter your goal weight. Please remember when entering your starting weight it's the weight that you're at starting THIS challenge (11th June 2012) - not your overall starting weight.
  • Each week enter your weight between Monday and Sunday, whichever day you prefer to weigh in. Please remember that the charts for the previous week are done (usually…if I’m a good panda) on MONDAY UK time. So get your weights in on Sunday or before to be safe! Don’t leave it until the last minute or you might miss out on scoring points!
  • Please do NOT put __ lbs anywhere in the spreadsheet, it messes up formulas and makes me a sad panda!
  • LEAVE THE LAST 3 COLUMNS ON THE RIGHT ALOONNNEEE. DON'T TOUCH THEM! AH AH! I SAID NO TOUCHING. YES, BACK AWAY. THANK YOU, PLEASE. You may think entering your own data manually is helping - it's not. I am your monkey slave for this challenge so let me take care of everything.
  • Please be careful when using the spreadsheet, I've had to rearrange columns and re-enter data because of carelessness. I'm doing my best to make sure the spreadsheet is neat and tidy!

“Will I get kicked out of the challenge if I don’t weigh in for a while?”
If you don’t weigh in for more than 2 weeks, I will move you to the stand by sheet. Your information is still there, but it just cleans up the main spreadsheet so the people who are actively participating are only shown. If you want to jump back in PLEASE DO! Just post in the thread that you want to hop back in and I’ll move you back onto the main spread sheet. So in short, no! You won’t be kicked out =)

“I just saw this challenge now and it appears to have already started. Can I still join?! Please, oh please!”
WE WELCOME NEWBIES! If you are joining us now that the challenge is a-go there are 2 ways to go about entering the challenge.
  1. If you have kept a record of your weights starting from 11th June, then enter your starting weight as the weight you were at on 11th June. Then enter all your weekly weights leading up to the present. Or alternatively, if you've only started keeping a record after June then you can enter the earliest weight as your starting weight then your weights from that point too, the more info you can put in the better basically!
  2. If you are completely new to weight loss and have only just starting weighing in, no problem, just enter your weight that you are NOW as your starting weight and also enter this weight into the current week (so I don't move you by accident by seeing blank cells).

“Eep, I forgot to enter my weight one week and there’s a " – " (dash) in my column. What do I do?!”
Fear not petal, you can put your weight over the " – " (dash) if you want! It’s just my way of seeing who hasn’t weighed in, but you can change it if you have the weight for that week! I encourage it because then you will chart in the weekly/challenge chart!

“I was put in the standby list and moved back in the challenge, but you’ve moved me back again! What’s going on?!”
Basically if I see 2 " - " (dash) marks I move you to the standby list. It really is that simple. If you are moved back in to the challenge then enter a weight in asap! Don’t leave it until the next week or I’ll end up moving you again.

"I'm going on holiday but I don't want to be moved to standby! What should I do?!"
Simply go to the week that you're away, enter a " - " (dash) then right click the cell and click "Insert Comment" and write that you're on holiday. If you simply put a dash with no comment it won't count - it needs the note to say you're on holiday!

I think that about sums it up! Starting week is the week starting 11th June, so enter your names and your starting weights! Let’s make this as awesome as the Bikini Ready challenge!

Last edited by Riestrella; 07-23-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #2  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Yay! I'm super excited.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #3  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Me too...hence why it's posted a day early =p
Old 06-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #4  
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

Sounds cool! I want to join!

So, which are the columns we have to fill in?

Also, is it okay if we put fractions of pounds? My scale in kilos, so I keep on converting the measurements and they are not precisely exact. For example, my goal weight would be 92 kilos (or 202.4 pounds).
Old 06-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #5  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

All instructions are in the first post!

And yes, you can put fractions of pounds
Old 06-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #6  
Unicorn Princess

S/C/G: 168/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

This is awesome! I'm pumped because I just recently signed up for this site and needed some motivation to start posting. This challenge is perfect because 1) Halloween is my favorite holiday and 2) My anniversary is Oct. 28th
Old 06-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

I'm down. The fiancé wants to do Harleyquin and joker for Halloween so I definitely need this!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 216/182.9/122

Height: 5'

I'm so excited!

Edit: Also, the spreadsheet is showing to me as view only, so I can't put my details in there yet.

Last edited by Cheece; 06-10-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/T/160

Height: 5'7"

I want to join!! but...how/when may I put in my details??
Old 06-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Yay!! I'm super excited too!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 8"

Ries, I love your spread sheets!!! I am excited to start this challenge.

ETA OOOPS. I am not a 20 something! I saw Reistella had a challenge and posted before realizing this was in the 20 something area. Can I still join the challenge? I am only 10 years out of my 20's.

Last edited by envelope; 06-10-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #12  
Feed the muscle

S/C/G: 225/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

YAY. I'm in! *runs off to fill out the spreadsheet*

hmm. It's 'view only' for me, too.

Last edited by meltaway; 06-10-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #13  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I'd like to join. Can we weigh in tomorrow?
Old 06-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/230/165

Height: 5'9

I also want in! I would love to wear a sassy costume this Halloween.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #15  
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

Riestrella Yay, thanks! Hoping to be able to weigh in tomorrow (if not, on Tuesday, like I am doing for another challenge).

No pretty costumes for me (Halloween isn't near as big as it's in the US and UK), but Halloween will be one month before my boyfriend arrives (1 month and 1 day, to be precise), so that will be an extra motivation.

Not going to have a big goal myself, since here it's winter and is getting very hard to diet properly and exercise
Closed Thread