Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 03:47 AM   #151  
funny mummy

S/C/G: 166/150/130

Height: 5ft 6"

152.6 this morning, yesterday was 149.8 but, i think that was a mis-reading. My scale is psycho and always comes up with different numbers wherever you put it either way, its going down and my clothes feel better which is what counts
Old 07-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm a little disappointed.

Before the Fourth of July, I weighed 146. That put me 3 pounds away from being at a healthy BMI which I know isn't a big deal but I wanted to reach that point.

Then, a friend of mine asked me to go to a relative's house for the Fourth so I did...and this one decision set off about a week's worth of binging on junk. I ended up gaining approximately 4 or 5 pounds, I kid you not.

I finally started working the weight back off almost a week ago. I got down to 148.4 two days ago, then 148 yesterday. I went for a bike ride that kicked my butt, did 40 minutes on a treadmill, then biked back home.

I wake up this morning, weigh myself, and I'm 149.2...

I had...

a bowl of frosted flakes with almond milk (~400 calories)
celery w/ peanut butter (~600 calories)
1/4 slice of pizza, store sample (~100 calories?)
6 inch Subway sub on wheat (~300 calories)
marshmallows (less than 100 calories)

Overall, that figures up to approximately 1500 calories so I didn't go over and I worked out. Actually, some of those guesstimates might be a little high even. Maybe I'm just retaining water?
Old 07-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #153  

S/C/G: hw175/145/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone ! Starting with last Friday night and not ending until Sunday night I had quite an eventful weekend in the food department. There may have been some binging and way too much drinking. My weight was all the way back up to 155.2 . But I am down to 152.6 this morning. I am still hoping to reach my goal of 148 for the month. Its going to take a lot of hard work!

Nadya I would believe that your calorie estimates are off. Are you weighing and measuring your food? I don't understand how peanut butter and celery were 600 calories. 2 tbsps of peanut butter are between 190 and 210 depending on brand. And the last time I checked a cup of frosted flakes was just over 110. It really helps to use measuring cups and spoons to know how much you are eating. That way if you know one serving of cereal does not fill you up, you can have two but know that you only had two and not something that actually equals 3 or 4. Also you muscles could be sore from yesterday. Be sure to drink your water and stay focused. The scale will move in the right direction.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #154  

Domlacha, I sort of round up when I'm a little unsure. I estimated the cereal at 400 because of the amount I ate. I believe 3/4 of a cup is 100 calories but I had more than that. I just figured, okay, say two cups, maybe a little more. So we know that's 200+. The almond milk, I round to 80, two cups total. That puts me near 300 calories. So I'm maybe 100 off.

The celery is negligible but the peanut butter is ~200 per serving (two tablespoons) and it feels like I ate a lot over the course of a few hours. =/

I guessed on the pizza based on what I read online and estimated the sub based on the calorie info already provided for other sandwiches at the shop. But the estimating is me saying okay, at the absolute worst, I didn't go over 1500 and I ate enough so I didn't go under 1200. Basically, I'm guessing that I'm somewhere between those two figures which is a good place for me to be. I think, in order to maintain, I'm supposed to be eating around 1700 calories so gaining that much made me go wuuut? x.x

Even after that bike ride kicked my butt I'm not sore. =/ I need to do my upper body, that makes me sore, but that bike ride was so hard that when I finally reached the gym I nearly turned around and left...

Last edited by Nadya; 07-18-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #155  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Nadya try being specific with measurements just one day or two, and see if theres a big difference, sometimes we underestimate what our table spoons are... ok ok thats maybe just me but i loooove my peanut butter.

--

im at 143.8 this morning.
i like where this is going.

i really REALLY need to get my butt in gear. 71 days left till Cuba and I will do this crazy Jillian Michaels workout binge until then. So I just hope I don't die or end up killing Jillian
Old 07-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #156  

I feel like I overestimated rather than underestimated but maybe I lost track. =/

I tried one or two of Jillian's tapes and they are hard...that or I'm a squish.... Good luck!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #157  

Hey ladies . I'm working hard to get rid of this water weight, it is coming off nicely. I weighed in at 151.6 this morning. Part of me know that if I had stayed on track better this past weekend that it would be even lower but at least I am back in the 151. somethings again. Seeing that 155.2 was not a pretty experience! On a side note, I am really proud of a friend of mine. I ran with her on her first 5k race last night. She did an amazing job. She had been doing the couch 2 5k program and had to miss some days so hadn't run more than 8 minutes at a time. She was able to run for just over 15 minutes before having to walk and take a break. We completed the race in 40:12! At times the runner in me just wanted to fly but I am so glad I was able to be there with her.

Great Job Caramelkitty!!!! You will probably be even lower in the next few days seeing as you have your root canal today! Don't let Jillian kick your butt, you can do it!!!

Nadya good luck lady with figuring out your eating and the calories. Just be patient and keep working at it.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 215/149/135

Height: 5'4

Default Back

Hey so I was busy with the bow renewal and moving so I've been mia. well I'm also ashamed of my ten lb yes ten lb gain in two weeks no joke!!! It is the week before my Tom in which I always gain 4 and I ate literally whatever I wanted on vacation so I don't regret it but damn! Well I started medifast again yesterday and already lost 4 lbs! So today I weighed in at 155.4. My new goal is 129 by my birthday 9/4. It's a long shot but with medifast it may be doable. congrats on everyone's success!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #159  

Domlacha great job getting the water weight down, now stay on track and see those glorious 140s lolll You'll do great im sure!

cierranevada i looked at your pictures on facebook, you have an ABSOLUTELY beautiful family!!! I love it! I thnk you can make your goal, it's definitely a lot of work and probably won't be easy but it'll be so worth it! Who knows you may be really satisfied before you even get that low!

----

I weighed in at 143.0 on the dot. After my shower I was down to 142.8 I swear I dunno why but that always happens lol

I think I`m actually looking forward to this weekend, my root canal went well, but the doctor told me to stay away from really hard food, so I'll just stick to my soft foods for a bit. I have had A LOT of frozen yogurt lately lol and i love it!

I am past my original goal, close to my current goal, and I wanna get down to 135 in case I bulk up in muscle weight a little, but I'll look damn good for my vacation in Cuba.

My NSV today was my friend Mike actually looked at me and said "Everyone keeps telling me you used to be bigger, and you lost a crapload of weight, I just find it so hard to picture you a big girl."

So I took out my phone and showed him and he just laughed and gave me back my phone and said " Ya right that's not you." and my twin brother and fiance just looked at him really serious and they were like ...yea.... it is.

Hahaha I laughed so hard, it made me feel good.

Oh and being called a skinny b**** is soooooooooooooooooooooooo nice to hear. I don't even care anymore, I worked hard for those words.

Today was a good day! LOL
Old 07-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 185/139/120

Height: 5'4"

I am down to 140.6 today. Took me a week to work off that buffet meal, but that's alright, because at least I know that when I get to maintenance I can indulge every once and a while and still get back on track.

I highly doubt I'll meet my goal of 135 this month, but I'll try to get a close as possible.

I bought a tape measure yesterday and took my measurements, then headed over to the featherweights forum and compared it with the girls over there. Well, mentally I haven't been feeling like a featherweight at all, and so I haven't posted there at all yet, though I have been lurking. I don't think there is a 130s forum in the 20 somethings though, so I will probably head over there once the next pound drops off. However, I still don't feel like a featherweight, because my measurements seem to be so much bigger than all of theirs -- well my waist anyhow. Just wish I could distribute my weight a bit better like everyone else, instead of all of it in the middle.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Ladies joining this decade as of this morning. Weighed in at 159.5. Im actually on my way back down, I recently gained about 30 lbs due to a break up earlier this year. But Im back with renewed focus to get back to my comfortable " happy" weight. Good luck everyone!

caramelkitty Still so proud of you girlie! Keep it up! I think Ill be joining you on the workout binges! I need these 30lbs gone by the beginning of Nov. at the very latest! And I agree skinny ***** sounds so sweet, lol!

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 07-20-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #162  

JessicaB That's awesome, you know we're going to fluctuate at our goal weight as soon as we eat something we "shouldn't" so we need to get used to those fluctuations and you're right, as long as we get back on track

I love taking my measurements but I don't know what's good lol It's really strange, I mean I know I have an hour glass shape but what's the ideal?

skinnyelle39 welcome to the best thread ever! LoL ok im totally biased because I'm on here often, but yeah we rock lolll Good job getting back on track, and stay on this thread, I promise it'll come off, it has for me I'm almost out of it and i don't wanna leave

----

I weighed in at 142.2 this morning. I swear, I eat my calorie allowance in soft foods and I lose weight. This is odd. And I'm not (TMI) constipated anymore.

Hmm... Why can't I digest solids?! Maybe I should ask my doctor to check that out.

My scale told me I have a 25.6% body fat percentage, i know it's not perfectly accurate but it's a "decent" number no? I dunno. When I get to my goal I'll just head on over to the gym and see my buddy who owns it and have him do all my measurements lol

Here's some recent pics for you guys to see where I'm at.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG095 (1).jpg (27.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG088.jpg (17.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG031.jpg (13.3 KB, 27 views)
Old 07-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 160/145.5/135

Height: 5ft 3

CaramelKitty Was just dropping by this thread to see how everyone is doing! Have to say you look amazing! Congrats on your weight loss so far!
Old 07-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 215/149/135

Height: 5'4

Caramelkitty: Thank you for the compliments! I do love my little family! My family is my main motivator. I want to show my son how to grow up eating healthy and be the trophy wife for the hubby Are you doing wedding planning? Also, you look amazing!!!

Well I lost 2 more lbs! 153 this morning. That makes 6lbs in two days.....only 4 more vacation lbs to go to be in a healthy BMI again. I love medifast I swear. it does feel limiting though. I would have loved subway today but I stuck to it. One hour at a time.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #165  

Hey everyone ! I'm still sitting at 151.6. I'm hoping for a nice whoosh by Sunday!!! We shall see. The bf and I went bowling last night for 3 hours man does my bicep hurt, but it was a lot of fun. I was a totally dork though. I wanted to have some beer and had some calories left in my budget to do so but I wanted to know for sure how many ounces I drinking (we had a pitcher). I brought a plastic cup from home that I had marked 4oz and 8oz on. It made it easy to keep track of my beers.Tonight we are making a homemade pizza (I can control calories better that way) and renting a movie. There will be no beverages tonight, we are going to a friends party tomorrow and my body does not like alcohol two nights in a row.

Caramelkitty WOW, you are doing great! And you look so good in your pictures! You may not be chewing your food well enough, which could be why the solids leave you a little backed up. I've learned that I have to chew way more than I think I should. But I'm also a lazy chewer, I know wth.

Good job JessicaB on 140.6! Sometimes extra belly bloat can be attributed to bowels being a little over full. Make sure to get fiber (you're doing no carbs right? so maybe in some sort of supplement form or something like miralax) it might helps with some of those inches in the middle.

Cierranevada, keep plugging away and those pounds will keep falling. Good job.
Closed Thread