I was called fat tonight, for the first time in years

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • So I just want to thank everyone. I went to bed really hurt last night, but I woke up more determined this morning. I'm pretty sure he is not someone who lives here because its a small town and even if you don't know everyone, you've seen most of the people here at one point or another. Thats probably a good thing for him because my husband was pissed.

Bones1928, I really really thought about doing that. And it was nice shiney, new truck so that dent that my giant *** would have made would have really stuck out. He'll get his some other way so I'll take solice in that for now.
    Caramelkitty, my husband is a wonderful man, you're right. He tells me things like that everyday. I am so lucky to have him.

Saef, thank you. you're probably right. Whats really terrible is that his friend just laughed at the whole thing.
    Seriously, thank you everyone. That guy will probably drink too much this weekend and do something stupid this weekend. I just hope he doesn't hurt anyone else.
  • Quote: You can see what happened here, right?

His friend pointed out that he did a lousy job of parking, and his ego is so very fragile -- because all men are supposed to be EXCELLENT drivers, right? --- that he immediately felt threatened. So, to feel like a big, competent man again, he had to assert dominance over someone else -- or something else. And you just happened to come along. He just displaced all his s&^%$# onto you.

In that frame of mind, it's definitely not about you. I swear to you that he would have found something about you, no matter how you looked, even if you had been a supermodel. (Then he would have called you a "stuck up" whatever or implied you were a slut.)

He's got Major Issues. Some guys would just say something self-deprecating, or give it back to the friend, who's the one who prompted the outburst, which was displaced onto you. In fact, some guys would get back in the car & move it. (I am sure we all know men who are that conscientious, and they are not the kind of men who'd insult an unknown woman randomly -- they'd be criticizing their own parking skills.)

Don't let this stranger suddenly put his Major Issues on you when you did nothing wrong and were just happening by.

I am so angry that he made you feel badly and darkened part of your day. You did not deserve that.
    Great post, and so true.

OP, I'm glad you're feeling better and more determined now! There will always be crappy people in the world, and the best thing you can do is love and improve yourself to the point that you can ignore their BS.
  • hugs! I am sorry this happened to you! The guy sounds like a jerk to me and I wouldn't take what he said to heart. My brother gets just like this, actually if he had been in corpus Christi, I might think it was him.. every time he gets into a argument with me the first thing out of his mouth is "f'in fat a.." I have gotten to the point to where I tell him "ok, that is all you can say, grow up!" because people like him are ignorant jerks who refuse to grow up and enjoy saying hurtful things. His friend also belongs to that group, his friend should have said something to him in my opinion. I would be embarrassed to be in public with someone that is such a idiot. So, I wouldn't worry about his friend either.
    People suck... but really who cares what they say!! Your working hard to better yourself so don't let those jerks ruin your weekend!!!
  • Lol is your brother a red head??? Thats terrible. I don't think anyone should be spouting off the word fat. I am well aware that I am overweight, however people call anyone that isn't stick thin fat. when someone in the public eye gains a little bit of weight people say all kinds of aweful things about it. Its sad.

You're only 9lbs from your second goal, and thats awesome so tell your brother to shut it.
  • What a horrible unpleasant man!! I can't think of anything that hurts like being called fat, really. But just know, people saying stuff like that reflects badly only on them, not you xxx
  • You're a much sweeter woman than I am. I would have messed his car all kinds of up. Discreetly of course so that the cameras in the parking lot wouldn't have been able to tell.

....that said, You are doing something about the weight and have NO reason to be embarrassed or upset. You're making changes and that guy is never going to be able to change his ugly behavior. and really, his mouth is going to get him into trouble with the wrong person (like if he ever comes across me in a parking lot!)
  • Wow, what a Jacka$$!! That would have made me cry too. You should be proud of how far you've come and use it as motivation to go further.
  • lol, my brother... knows to shut it! I pretty much do not talk to him. kinda sad, but eh I am totally over it!
    You should be mighty proud of yourself too 21 pounds lost! That is amazing!
  • He is blessed that you are kind person. If that was someone else he probably would have gotten a can thrown at his head or a scratched and dented door. I learned not to let the word "fat" get to me. It is only a word. I can give it power or ignore it. So even if someone calls you fat again, do not let it steal your joy.
  • That's rude and immature!
  • Quote: You can see what happened here, right?

His friend pointed out that he did a lousy job of parking, and his ego is so very fragile -- because all men are supposed to be EXCELLENT drivers, right? --- that he immediately felt threatened. So, to feel like a big, competent man again, he had to assert dominance over someone else -- or something else. And you just happened to come along. He just displaced all his s&^%$# onto you.

In that frame of mind, it's definitely not about you. I swear to you that he would have found something about you, no matter how you looked, even if you had been a supermodel. (Then he would have called you a "stuck up" whatever or implied you were a slut.)

He's got Major Issues. Some guys would just say something self-deprecating, or give it back to the friend, who's the one who prompted the outburst, which was displaced onto you. In fact, some guys would get back in the car & move it. (I am sure we all know men who are that conscientious, and they are not the kind of men who'd insult an unknown woman randomly -- they'd be criticizing their own parking skills.)

Don't let this stranger suddenly put his Major Issues on you when you did nothing wrong and were just happening by.

I am so angry that he made you feel badly and darkened part of your day. You did not deserve that.
    I couldn't have said that any better, you hit the nail right on the head!!
    The guy is a douche. That's all I can add.

But if that was me, the subject to the thread would have also said "first time punching someone in the face in years".
  • Quote: But if that was me, the subject to the thread would have also said "first time punching someone in the face in years".
    hahaha thanks for that. I needed a laugh right about now, been a long day
  • Oh my, had that happened to me, I would've given him the finger and wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of keying his shiny car. Really disgusting that some people act like that. If I was the friend, I would've made him apologize and actually mean it instead of standing around laughing like a jerk.
  • I'm sorry that it happened too, but if it had been me, I would have started chunking my grocery items at his head. LOL I have always been the one to finish situations. I probably would have moved my car to the other side of his so when he came out he couldn't get in either!
  • A can of beans could have totally made your day as he walked away! Knock him smooth out in the middle of the parking lot!