3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Has fast food helped you? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/259171-has-fast-food-helped-you.html)

melanieburgess 05-16-2012 02:23 PM

Has fast food helped you?

Since I got a new job and ive been doing so well at getting healthy, I decided hey im gonna treat my self and get some fast food! Well what I once thought was soo yummy grossed me out I felt like I drank a cup of oil, and I had like a fast food hangover it was not good any more. But I didnt feel guilty it made me feel better! I do like healthy food and I am strong! Has anyone else had this happen? Did you eat junk and it was not the same any more? Why?

Gabe 05-16-2012 02:28 PM

My first cheat day was Red Lobster. And I decided to go with my usual choice--the fried coconut shrimp, french fries, shrimp alfredo, and caesar salad, chased by eight million biscuits.

It all just tasted greasy as heck to me, especially the coconut shrimp. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't also had the fatty alfredo on there. And the fries were just kinda gross.

That rather handily eliminated my fried food cravings.

philana 05-16-2012 06:28 PM

I ate this typical dutch fast food thing the other day, it's like a hotdog but then bigger and VERY fat/greasy. I never reaiised how much fat is in there. I was sick the rest of the day. And just the thought of it now grosses me out. It made me so queesy.

Anyhow, I like my healthy foods. They don't make me sick and I Can have so many of them without feeling like wasting calories. <3

toastedsmoke 05-16-2012 06:39 PM

I unfortunately haven't found that feeling of disgust for fast food! You guys are sooo lucky. Honestly! I wish I could be that put off by it. However, I am a lot more aware of what I put in my mouth and often it's not worth the calories to me. Sometimes it is though, so I try to make better choices or build what I'm having into my daily allowance. It's usually heavy enough that I don't feel like eating much else that day anyway.

samcakes 05-16-2012 07:18 PM

i have definitely got this! and i cannot stand the sight of ground beef anymore.... ugh...

KYMommy2011 05-16-2012 07:18 PM

The other day I went to mcdonalds and ordered my usual: double cheeseburger with extra onions.. I bit into it and it was awesome- until about halfway through.. My stomach was like "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggghhhhhh".. I felt so disgusted and nauseated I couldn't eat another bite, and usually I would eat like 2 or 3 of them..

Today I went to wendys and got some fries and a 5 piece nugget, and I couldn't hardly eat them either. Did they always taste SO SALTY?? They were like drowning in salt- idk if its because I'm not used to it anymore or if they were actually accidentally salted too much.

BUT yeah, these experiences have made me realize that drooling over food I can't have is kinda pointless now- it's not going to taste how I think it will taste..

ValRock 05-16-2012 07:30 PM

I've gotten to this point with all processed food. It tastes artificial and gross to me! Every time I've given in and eaten something I *thought* I wanted, along those lines, I've regretted it. I used to go out to eat every Saturday as a *cheat* meal. I've pretty much cut that out because I can't handle food that isn't real food. There are a few local places that fit the bill... but it's getting harder to find food that I like. It's funny, losing weight and getting healthy sure made me a lot pickier!

LeilaJey 05-16-2012 07:37 PM

Ehh.. kind of. I never ate fast food regularly anyway and although I kind of enjoy eating it I often thought of it as too greasy.. Pretty much always regretted it. If I'm craving something like that now I make home made burgers with lots of salad and pitta bread with roasted sweet potatoes. Which is a million times nicer than any fast food place!

Oh actually I still crave Chinese food and I ate some on Sunday but the greasiness really got to me too. I was enjoying eating it but my body didn't feel great. Fried noodles are a weakness for me.

MedChick87 05-16-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toastedsmoke (Post 4336003)
I unfortunately haven't found that feeling of disgust for fast food! You guys are sooo lucky. Honestly! I wish I could be that put off by it. However, I am a lot more aware of what I put in my mouth and often it's not worth the calories to me. Sometimes it is though, so I try to make better choices or build what I'm having into my daily allowance. It's usually heavy enough that I don't feel like eating much else that day anyway.

I'm with you on this one. I only WISH I developed a distaste for fast food. It's my biggest downfall. Where other people crave chocolate, ice cream, etc....I crave a double cheeseburger and fries from Mickey D's. It sucks. But I guess we all have our vices and addictions. Sadly, fast food still tastes just as good as it did when I was 230 lbs. However, now that I'm 50 lbs lighter, I make much better choices when I do eat it and work it into my calories for the day. Still not healthy, but it's better than going hog wild!

pixelllate 05-16-2012 08:36 PM

I have been very curious about this! I will try McDonalds in a few months, I've only eaten super clean since March, so I want to give it a few months to really cleanse the system and see how I react to fast food!

melanieburgess 05-16-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toastedsmoke (Post 4336003)

You'll get there! I am still totally addicted to pizza, cheese burgers and fries though. But I know now how it will make me feel if I eat it. This is not helping lol. But I am ok with the lean cuizine pizza they are good. But there are healthier ways to make them all. I'm glad I like to cook.

SoCalCowgirl 05-16-2012 10:25 PM

I felt the same way last week when I went off diet and had Wendy's ended up ordering the Spicey Chicken Sandwich with a coke and frosty, I felt so sick and bloated after eating the food, though I have to say the frosty was still pretty good. And on top of the fast food, I had a lot of other junk earlier that day and went way over calorie limit And after eating all those foods I used to love, I no longer cared for it, and also made me realize how much both I and my body loves healthy food. Eating this food also helped me as it caused my body to "refeed" and while I felt all sick and bloated for two days, three days later, with no exercise, I dropped 5 pounds :) So once in a while going off diet isint so bad :)

spiritualflow 05-16-2012 10:32 PM

For me I have lost interest in certain fast foods, like Taco Bell (possibly because I love Quesada better) and McDonald's breakfast. MCD breakfast actually makes me pretty sick now. Apart from that, I will still eat fast food, it tastes okay, but I can only finish half a combo... For example, when I order a McChicken combo, I will end up eating all the fries first, and getting full after a few bites of the sandwich, and will drink only a quarter of the drink. I get full really easy on fast food, and recently I get EXTREMELY bloated. I don't know if that is because I haven't eaten it in a while, or because of MSG. I do love Subway still :)

caramelkitty 05-16-2012 10:39 PM

A couple weeks ago, my fiance and I's friends were over to chill on the weekend and they all got late night munchies so they wanted McDonalds... which is conveniently located 30 seconds to my place... joy... but the boys went to pick it up while the girls stayed home. I said I didn't want anything, but my fiance felt bad that everyone would be eating and I wouldn't so he got me 4 McNuggets as a "snack". They're not that high in calories so I figured, why not. At least I won't crave anything later on.

As soon as i ate my second one, I got nauseous. As if my body was rejecting it. Now when I see any fast food place I just get that same vibe. It makes me sick. & I know it won't help.

Besides, I practically have to remind myself to eat food, (I have an organizer on my phone, it's that bad) because I just don't get hungry anymore, I now eat because i know I need it to survive.

Costco hotdogs are now nasty to me too. When I used to eat 2!!!!

shapedself 05-17-2012 08:59 AM

That's happened to me too. Some of that **** is so gross I can't believe I've put so much of it in my body in my life.

Misa66 05-18-2012 04:35 AM

Oh yes.....
Before I used to eat fast food 4-5 times a week, sometimes even twice a day. That's all I craved. Giving it up was hard but now a days when my bf asks me to pick up something when I go over almost NOTHING appeals to me. McD, BK, taco bell, Jack, ugh it all sounds so gross. The only things I will crave from time to time is Wendy's chili or nuggets but that's about it. Yesterday I had a cheat day and got a KFC famous bowl and Mac and cheese along with Jack in the Box stuffed jalapeņos. Let's just say I'm feeling way way gross now and I regret eating all that :/ even potato chips and soda grosses me out 9/10 times. Yeah pizza still tastes amazing but if I eat more than 2 slices I feel so gross

Plexi 05-18-2012 07:11 AM

Greasy fast food makes me end up in the bathroom.
One of my first cheats when I hit 175 was I wanted to go to olive garden. I could barely eat anything, was waaaaay too rich for my stomach to handle anymore

junebug41 05-18-2012 10:38 AM

It's not even how it makes me feel (awful); but it is just such poor quality to begin with. I was out of town and with a friend who stopped at a drive-thru. I got a jr. cheeseburger and couldn't even eat it. It just looked like it had been pulled from a dumpster. Every couple of years I'll get fast food amnesia, but I'm quickly reminded why (duh), I don't eat fast food.

mammasita 05-18-2012 12:01 PM

Im sure I'm in the minority here, but I still LOVE fast food. If I could eat it every day, I probably would. Knowing how unhealthy many of the choices are I abstain, but yeah I love burgers and fries LOL

Linkovicha 05-29-2012 01:16 PM

I wish! Anyone ever had a Doener Kebab? There's a place in our town that make them, and I could never get sick of them! Granted, the meat is cooked on a spit, so it probably isn't as bad as in a burger, as the fat drips off. Or Pizza? Mmmmm!

Now after the Phase 1 of SBD is finished, I am curious what my reaction might be to eating something sweet. Maybe I even will be turned off from greasy foods, you never know! But I did have a bad pizza craving yesterday, so I doubt it.

Linkovicha 05-29-2012 01:19 PM

Burgers and fries don't have to be fast food and unhealthy though. The best burgers are the ones we make at home from deer meat, cooked on the BBQ. I love mine with pesto, feta cheese, spinach, red peppers, onions and tomatoes, on a homemade bun! And baked, spiced fries are delicious!

Daki 05-29-2012 02:29 PM

It really depends for me. My body is strange when it comes to what food it will and will not accept. Hostess cupcakes will make me vomit. Burgers will make me nauseous for HOURS (But that's always happened.. except McDonald's). I recently threw up from the grease in a pasta dish. But I can eat pizza, fries, ice cream, etc. and not have an issue.

Kinda wish I had an issue with all of it.

I'm a fan of McDonald's but since I've been eating better instead of always being happy with my food, now sometimes I'll think it's bland. Or too salty. Or gross. Or juuuust right. But when it's just right I love it. Starting not to be worth the gamble, though.

COchick 05-29-2012 02:43 PM

It doesn't exactly taste bad to me now...but I certainly don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

1987 05-29-2012 03:42 PM

I used to have maybe 1 or 2 takeaways or fast food meals a week before I started losing weight. Went to KFC a few weeks back (only fast food I've eaten for two months) and wow it was disappointing. It filled a hole, but wasn't a satisfying meal at all.

I'm hoping it will be like this with all fast food. I don't really miss it to be honest. I prefer a good sandwich or salad if I'm out and about.

Bloopers 05-30-2012 01:08 PM

I'm not exactly sick of fast food, I just don't crave it as often anymore since I've been eating healthier. About a month ago, I'd usually wake up to plan my meal at some fast food restaurant, but now, I even forget to eat sometimes. Idk, the craving is just not there anymore. I quit drinking soda and now whenever I have any, my stomach gets really upset. So all I drink is water now, I actually crave water!

Yomp 05-30-2012 01:25 PM

I get pretty sick if I try to eat Wendy's now.
Haven't tried any other places in a while other than burger king.
I got funny looks/suggestions when I ordered the smallest kids meal on their board. It was very filling.
I'd rather just make the food at home. I enjoy cooking..and being able to control what goes into it.

krystalb 05-30-2012 01:29 PM

I haven't really ate any fast food since I started eating better (except wendys but i got a side salad and a baked potato.. so that doesnt really count).. but i did have some bacon, and it tasted good!.. but felt so sick afterwards! i have been through the drive through a couple of times, but nothing looked good or worth it!

energie 06-02-2012 07:31 PM

The way they prepare fast food in itself makes me stay away. It is disgusting. Fast food is dirty food.

blue dogweed 06-02-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeilaJey (Post 4336053)

Oh actually I still crave Chinese food and I ate some on Sunday but the greasiness really got to me too. I was enjoying eating it but my body didn't feel great. Fried noodles are a weakness for me.

Exactely my Problem! I have cravings and it tastes soo good. Until an hour or less later when I have a major headache and my stomach has turned against me. But never seems bad enough to keep me from eating it again. I have the same problem with Mexican food.

Dreamer2012 06-03-2012 06:13 AM

I never had a big addiction to fast food or anything, but I do like the occasionally takeaway or McDonalds. My mum has always said to me "Everything in moderation" So if you have a McDonalds once every 3 or 4 weeks, I honestly believe it's not going to make a huge difference. Obviously eating these types of meals more regularly will cause more problems for your health than just weight issues. I'm going shopping next Friday and I'll probably have a McDonalds. It will be my first one in God knows how long and I will more than likely enjoy it still!

Unfortunately I do enjoy fast food and I will get cravings for it as well as sweets and chocolate and cakes. But I slowly teaching myself that I can't have it all the time I want it. I'm not going to lie, it's difficult for me because of my enjoyment for fast food and sweet things. But I'm getting there! I think though I will still always have fast food, even on this journey, but it won't be a regular thing. Every couple of weeks as a sort of treat. :)