Old 05-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #1  
Just starting out

S/C/G: 204.5/195/150

Height: 5'5

Unhappy What is the matter with me?

Hey ladies,

It's been a while since i've logged onto 3fc.. i guess i've forgotten how much this forum actually helped motivate me to stay on track.

my actual journey began jan 2012. i lost 12 lbs and noticeable inches after my first month of doing Insanity and clean eating (other than my once a week cheat days). for some reason which beats me, i stopped working out, stopped eating well, and just lost all my motivation which is weird because i WAS seeing results. when my brothr would bug me to workout with him, i'd get really annoyed and just tell him to quit bugging me.

now i feel like i want to start again.. so starting monday ive been eating fairly well, but i just dont feel as motivate about it as before. but everytime i look in the mirror i realize i'm not happy at the fact that i've gained back half the weight i lost and half the inches (esp my double chin.. bah)

i guess i just need some support! have u guys been in a similar situation? any words of advice for me? thanks ladies

hugs!
naffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #2  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

don't think about where you've been but think about where you're going. honestly. we can't go back in time, but we will have to live with our futures regardless of what we do now.

that's how i stay motivated. i daydream about "skinny me" -- then i realize that skinny me is waiting to get thawed out after i melt away all the fat. then that dream affects the food choices and the exercise choices i make during the day.

also, i needed to find an activity i loved. i had always wanted to be a runner and one day i decided to make it happen. after a year of running i decided that i want to be someone who is strong and lean from yoga and have been making that happen (also, i hurt myself running and need to heal).

think of yourself as a fit person and it will affect all your actions.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

My friend always told me you make weight loss a priority and things will happen. Maybe it just wasn't your time to focus on your weight loss but you are back on it now. I now if I'm not in the mood for exercising or really taking too much care about myself I try to keep at least one really healthy thing going whether it be eating 3 cups of vegetables or exercising because I know I wasn't eating so great... or not eating after a certain time. Also, if I feel myself getting down towards my weight loss I go to the library and read some weight loss biographies. They helped me a lot. As long as you don't give up completely you shouldn't have regrets in my opinion.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #4  
Working on Change

S/C/G: 235/235/150

Height: 5' 7"

I agree with jayohwhy. It all depends on finding something you enjoy to do (and factors practically into your everyday life) which helps maintain your motivation. I had been seeing a personal trainer last year, but when work and school piled up, I let it fade to the background of my life since it didn't seem important enough to me. Instead I turned to Zumba classes at the gym along with weight strength training I could do at home in my living room.
kitkat1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #5  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by naffy View Post

i guess i just need some support! have u guys been in a similar situation? any words of advice for me? thanks ladies

hugs!
On most days. I have to remember my my goals and the benefits of the loss. It also helps me just to get started eating clean and working out. Once I get the momentum going it's usually all good.
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/154/135

Height: 5"4

I know its the hardest things when you know you need to lose, you want to lose but you just dont quite have that motivation. Having support and understanding i think is a key role in losing weight, you need someone or people who understand how hard it is and can support you when your trying to lose weight.
You have to keep telling yourself that you can do this. I love the quote "Being fat is hard, Exercise is hard, Choose your hard" That has helped me in so many ways. Choose which one you truly want to be and go for it!
deb813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #7  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi I am actually living your exact story! I started in Jan 2012, lost 12 pounds then stopped everything late January when Nursing school started gained back 6 pounds. Now I am restarting. Going to do 1500 calories and lower carb. I think my biggest issue is getting impatient then feeling like my goal is so far away that it is almost unattainable. I have decided to focus on small weekly goals instead of my end goal. NOT looking at girls with perfect bodies helps me to stay motivated.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'11

i completely understand! i lost 40 pounds, was 5 pounds away from GW and FINALLY feeling good about myself when i stopped caring about diet and exercise. i couldn't figure out the reason why i couldn't stay motivated (and ended up gaining about twenty pounds). i realized that i stopped respecting my body and was only worried about being super thin and looking good in clothes. this time around i'm trying to focus on other benefits i get from eating well and exercising, like feeling like i could out run someone/protect myself or having more energy.
magsabags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:20 AM   #9  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

If you're interested, go on my 3fc journal and read my "war with my body" page. I literally lost then gained, lost then gained quite a lot over the space of 11 years. I would get so far then just...stop. Even though I liked the results. The thing that was my wake up this time around, and the reason I've kept going, is that I reached obesity. That just didn't sit well with me. This board is such an amazing source of advice and inspiration, and I've been posting ever since I started my final journey for happiness!

Find something you love to do. I love running, and it's awesome for me. If you don't love the exercise you're doing you will give up! Make sure you make small changes to your diet if you struggle with healthy eating to begin with. Soon enough you'll want to eat healthy to fuel your weight loss.

Good luck, don't dwell on the past just focus on a happier you! Just imagine yourself at your ideal weight - and the best thing is is that you can DO IT!

Last edited by Riestrella; 05-22-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote