3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Err lack of weight loss.. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/259090-err-lack-weight-loss.html)

Ash2007 05-15-2012 01:04 PM

Err lack of weight loss..

So, has anyone ever lost some weight but still looked at the scale and just felt so disappointed? I still think, wow I have lost almost 25 pounds now but I still have so much more to go. I am still totally motivated, but I just wish it could happen over night. If I went and ate bad things, the weight sure would stack on over night I am sure. I did loose a pound this morning, so I do feel a little better. my husband brought me a workout dvd for mothers day (I asked for it lol) but I can't use it today because I have the wrong sized weights for it. My dad has a billion weights so I can just stop by there and get the 3 lb weights I need but still.. I feel like I need to do so much more.. I workout every day for a hour.. and eat very healthy...

of course I did look at my "log book" and the weight is coming off as fast as it did before. I just remember being 18 and loosing 35 lbs in a month.. I guess it's not as easy once your older...

Just wondering if I am crazy or if this is normal to feel this way..

Doesn't help that I tried on my old clothes.. my fat clothes still don't fit. I think it may have something to do with have 2 kids since then. because I was the same weight and they fit when I was 17 before I lost weight... I was able to zip and button them but they were way too tight...

shapedself 05-15-2012 06:02 PM

Probably every single person who takes this journey at some time or another.

LeilaJey 05-15-2012 06:23 PM

Holy crap, 35 pounds in a month? How?

Yeah totally, I was really feeling that when I hit half way. I just felt useless and more aware of my body than ever but now I'm mentally back on track again.

jj0293 05-15-2012 08:17 PM

I know what you mean. Some days I get on the scale and I feel so good about myself that I've lost a pound or whatever it is. And then later on I'll catch sight of myself in a mirror and realize I've got so far to go. I just try not to think about the long term and only focus on today. Who knows what tomorrow holds, but today you lost some weight and are on the right path. And if there is ever a bad day tomorrow can change everything :)

Keep it up and it will be off in no time!

peachiee77 05-15-2012 10:41 PM

I totally know how you feel! I am feeling super motivated and ready to work for this, but I still get discouraged when I think how far there is to go! i beat myself up for letting myself get this bad and think "If I would have just gotten control a few years ago when I wasn't as big, I wouldn't have as far to go!" i think it's normal because it's human nature!

But I must say, you are diong an awesome job and just focus on that! Keep up the good work and you will get there eventually!!! Just remember, you're doing it the healthy way and that means it's more likely to stay off!!

Thkdiff 05-15-2012 11:34 PM

I hear you :/ can't happen fast enough! Imagine not seeing much on the scale in the last couple of weeks, but losing inches instead. I'm about to lock up my scale.

juliana77 05-15-2012 11:44 PM

It's a cliche, but one day at a time. It's what you have control over. You can stay on plan today. You can work out today.

There is no getting around the fact that this is a long term thing. Overwhelmingly so sometimes. But I swear to you, you will look back and say "wow, where did that year go? I am so glad I kept plugging along."

My April sucked for weight loss. I lost 2 lbs all month. My worst month before that was 6 or 7 lbs back in January. But I kept going... What else is there to do, quit? Not productive. And now I have lost like 5 lbs already in May. This is a roller coaster journey, everyone's ride is different. But if you hang in till the end you will have a reward that's worth the wait.

alaskanlaughter 05-15-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash2007 (Post 4334182)

Doesn't help that I tried on my old clothes.. my fat clothes still don't fit. I think it may have something to do with have 2 kids since then. because I was the same weight and they fit when I was 17 before I lost weight... I was able to zip and button them but they were way too tight...

yes it has to do with body changes during pregnancy...i have a pair of jeans from before i was pregnant with my son, when i weighed 215 or a bit more, which fit just fine then, and now they STILL dont fit right and i weigh 190-195...they used to fit perfectly, tight and just right...now it's like trying to stuff myself into them and the waistband isnt right anymore, doesnt fit right still...and im sure it has to do with being pregnant and changes

Ash2007 05-16-2012 11:07 PM

Thanks.. I feel better that I am not the only one. I really think I am becoming obsessed with my scale. I need to just hide it..
I did however loose another pound!! WOOT! Down to 215 now. I started using weights while I was doing my normal walking and it seems to have helped... hopefully it isn't just a fluke.

LeilaJey- I did a vegan diet. NO meat, cheese.. pretty much got rid of everything unhealthy lol.. lots of running too..