3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   ~~*May Chat Thread!*~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/258062-%7E%7E%2Amay-chat-thread-%2A%7E%7E.html)

Riestrella 04-30-2012 06:02 PM

~~*May Chat Thread!*~~

A place for everyone to come along, tell everyone how they're doing in all aspects of their life and give and get support!

Ash2007 05-01-2012 12:57 PM

Hi everyone :)
My weight is totally at a stand still.. I am stuck at 222.. It is annoying but I think my TOM has something to do with it. Of course that is also absent.. Can't wait for Thursday to figure this all out. I hope my doctor doesn't try to push birth control on me, I don't even want it. I am sure if it is hormonal, it'll figure itself out right?
Other than that, I blew my back out yesterday trying to do some workouts on the tv. yesterday I went from back hurting, to ab's and love handles hurting for the rest of the day. Now this morning it is just back to only my back hurting. I got some new skates but I think those are gonna give me blisters as well. So, we are gonna try to use some spare bikes that my parents have lying around. should be fun.. I want to push myself farther. I think the bike will allow me to do that. Do we have a recipe thread? I need to look around for one. I have been coming up with some awesome healthy meals lately.. I would love to share.

Quiet Ballerina 05-01-2012 02:06 PM

I had my eye out for this thread!

Signed up (on 3FC) for my first 90-day exercise challenge. Eek! :) I'm looking forward to it and a little nervous all at once. Haha

I am so relieved that the weekend is over!! Now I get to relax a bit and enjoy the rest of my week. I mean, I still need to practice for school, and do laundry, and clean a little, and work....ok, I know that doesn't sound like I'll have much me time. But it will be! :) If there's one thing I'm good at it's multi-tasking.

Ash There are some forum pages http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food...lous-finds-17/ where you can share recipes. :) Though I'd love to hear about them here too!

munchievictim 05-01-2012 08:52 PM

I want to join in!
Ash- I am also stuck- I'm so sick of seeing 250 lol. But it's true what they say, we hang in there, it works.
I post recipes on my blog with pictures sometimes, but I know there are threads around for recipes on here. I'd definitely be interested in hearing any good ones.
Quietballerina- I thought about signing up for the exercise challenge but I'm intimidated! I don't exercise much right now, but I ordered a fitbit (yay!!!) and I want to up my exercise. The fitbit was my reward for one month on plan, and a gym membership will be my next reward. Or I may just go ahead and get one soon if I get courageous. I'm nervous about working out in a crowded gym.

NYFLAgirl 05-01-2012 08:56 PM

Happy May!

Hello everyone and happy first day of May! I'm new here but have been reading this forum for a while. I hope everyone is having a good spring and look forward to chatting with everyone more! :)

gracesmomma 05-01-2012 09:41 PM

Just got back on track after finals. I'm glad to meet y'all. So far, May has been a good one for me ( I know it's only the first day). I've stayed on plan and even exercised. I'm looking forward to this month. It's gonna be a good one! :)

Taylor86 05-01-2012 11:24 PM

Oh dear.

These last three days have been a binge for me. ****

Ok, back on track and gym on Thursday.

I will get this done! I want this.

fitofhonesty 05-02-2012 08:41 AM

Just popping in to say -- Hello! Hope May is good to you ladies.

Quiet Ballerina 05-02-2012 12:40 PM

munchie I love your screen name! :) I'm intimidated about the challenge too...but the accountability is something I need. A fitbit?! Awesome! I'm really considering getting one.

NYFLA & grace: welcome!

Taylor: Good luck!

fitofhonesty: you're only a few hours from me! :)

Today is good so far. Can't believe it's already Wednesday: the week is zooming by. Good cause weekends are fun...sad cause that means my break from class will be over.

chel3fsea 05-02-2012 12:50 PM

I'm also at a stand-still...final two weeks of the semester so I'm stuck at 189.4. Ugh! Happy to have gotten into the 180s, but just BARELY there and need to drop down...still hoping for goal in just a few months! Luckily life will be must more stress free as soon as school is out!

munchievictim 05-02-2012 04:09 PM

Final weeks here too, and I'm standing still too. Well, bouncing up and down between 249 and 251. It's infuriating. And I got my lab results from the doctor, and in addition to high blood pressure, I have high cholesterol. I'm 21! Needless to say, more exercise and less calories for me. I'm taking today off because I'm so stressed and I keep reducing my calories and GAINING?!?! So, I'm eating high today (fried frog legs! I'm excited! Lol.) and tomorrow I face the scale, rededicate, and keep on trucking. Good luck to everybody in finals!
Quiet ballerina- I'll post about it when it gets here, I'm excited.

Quiet Ballerina 05-04-2012 12:40 PM

Tgif!!!

sammalamma 05-06-2012 05:12 PM

Hi everyone!
Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth again...I've been saying that a lot.

So I graduate with my masters THIS FRIDAY!!! I cannot believe that I'm finally going to be done with school for good!!

And I got on the scale today, and I'm back down to 140.4 :)

Good luck to this with finals! In the words of one of my favorite professors: much knowledge! :)

munchievictim 05-06-2012 05:52 PM

Sammalamma- congrats! I wish I was graduating this year! One more for me but I'm glad this semester is over.

248 this morning, a new low. I'm loving low-carb!

MissNini 05-06-2012 09:33 PM

I wish I was done with school, but am actually just going back this fall for grad school.

Munchie: I am also doing low-carb (South Beach) and love it! It's really the only diet I have ever done and stuck to for more than a week or two.

I started losing weight in April and am already down 16 lbs and am THRILLED!!! Only 19 lbs until I am back into the 100's!