3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Kind of a personal question but... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/257187-kind-personal-question-but.html)

healthierME1246 04-17-2012 10:54 PM

Kind of a personal question but...

IS ANYONE PEEING AS MUCH AS I AM? I mean geez! Yes I do drink 5 or 6 16 oz bottles of water a day but when I have to go it is a large amount and 5 minutes later I need to go again and its the same amount. I'm running out of toilet paper! I'm going like a pregnant woman! lol

I'M SO SORRY IF THIS WAS TO MUCH INFO but I'm almost scared there is a problem??

Is anyone else having this issue?:^::^:

Princess of the KING 04-17-2012 10:57 PM

Did you just up your water amount? I'm like that....sort of. I have to go about every half hour but I'm drinking 40 oz within 3-4 hours. I like to get the first 40 out of the way early in the day

healthierME1246 04-17-2012 11:02 PM

Honestly not really.. I have always been a huge water drinker. I have a bottle of water with every meal and snack. and just when I am watching tv and things. always have water with me. i don't know

CurryMama 04-17-2012 11:04 PM

You aren't weird at all. I also have to pee like a pregnant woman when I am drinking enough water. Kind of a bummer huh?

RebaRamBam 04-17-2012 11:23 PM

I don't know if this is true at all but it makes sense in my head Haha.. maybe since you have been changing your diet you've been consuming less sodium etc that always makes me need more water. And so maybe your body's demand has decreased while you have stayed consistent resulting in a new surplus of water intake? Could be entirely wrong. Anyways.. some days I have to pee a lot too!

ValRock 04-17-2012 11:25 PM

When I'm losing weight I feel like I pee every 2.5 minutes!! Take it as a good sign!

Iconised Ghost 04-17-2012 11:26 PM

Are you eating more watery foods? like fruits etc? One thing that makes me pee like a crazy person is coke :D I told my sister that it just goes straight through me, she laughed and thought i was exaggerating until we went to the movies, I drank a coke and less than 20 mins later I had to pee. She was like "O_O was that pee coke?" Yep. Yep it was. Are you drinking lots more caffeine? xD

healthierME1246 04-17-2012 11:35 PM

Iconised Ghost: I am definitely eating more fruits. I have fruit every morning with my breakfast. But no I am not drinking alot of caffine. All I drink is water.. For 3+ years now I don't drink anything but water(well except for an occasional gulp of juice). It's just worrisome because I will pee and then when I stand up I have to pee again. It's crazy! lol Should I take it as my water weight coming off?

RebaRamBam: I TOTALLY see how that makes sense in your head lol. Me to definitely!! A good point as well.

Iconised Ghost 04-17-2012 11:48 PM

Maybe it is, I have no clue! Unless its a bladder infection? But you would think you'd notice that right?

SoCalCowgirl 04-18-2012 12:01 AM

Happened to me when I first started drinking multiple bottles of water a day, I was going to the bathroom like crazy, eventually though my body got used to it, and I no longer go as frequently. I'd give your body some time to adjust to the increased water intake.

kimminy 04-18-2012 12:03 AM

Did it just start happening? It could be the early stages of a urinary tract infection? Also I believe the frequent need to urinate can be a symptom of type 2 diabetes? That's probably not likely if you aren't having any other symptoms but it doesn't hurt to go to the doctor if it's a sudden change. If you feel fine other then peeing all the time I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)

PS I sometimes need to pee frequently too, though it's kinda random. Though like iconised ghost I pee tons when I have caffeine. Gimme some Earl Grey and I pee 3 times in an hour at least! :S

LandonsBaby 04-18-2012 01:20 AM

If I was drinking that much I would live in the bathroom.

LeilaJey 04-18-2012 03:17 AM

Holy yeah I have to pee all the time too! I was thinking about it yesterday because our water's turned off (turns out there's a leak under the house, woops!) and we have to flush with bottles haha, yikes. I didn't realise it until then although I do drink buckets of water so it makes sense. I was told before that I don't have diabetes so that's sweet.

melodymist 04-18-2012 03:21 AM

hahaha. I've always been a "pee-er" haha. Drinking much more water makes it worse, but the trips to the bathroom keeps me fit! :p

Faelwynn 04-18-2012 05:51 AM

YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES! I actually timed myself at work the other day and on my serious hydration days (as in I'm drinking 34-60oz + every two hours) I'll pee as much as every 15 mins. It's a bit obnoxious, but as long as my employer doesn't start complaining I'm just going to take it in strides!

sontaikle 04-18-2012 06:47 AM

Everyone said one's system would get used to the extra liquid...well almost a year later I'm still peeing all the freaking time.

I don't know how much I drink a day as I'll drink something whenever I'm bored (which is better than eating when I was bored!!)

Chain 04-18-2012 07:43 AM

I'll respond to your personal question with another personal question; how dark is your urine?

If it's darkly colored, it makes sense that frequent urination would accompany weight loss - the Law of Conservation of Mass says matter can neither be created nor destroyed, so the weight has to leave your body somehow.

If it's very lightly colored (almost the same color as the water in the toilet bowl before you, *ahem*) then your body is deliberately shedding water and you need to drink less of it. It is completely possible - and unhealthy - to drink too much water! It thins the blood to the point where it makes a heart attack more likely, among other things.

An article from our dear Stumptuous about over-hydrating:
http://www.stumptuous.com/waterlogged-tim-noakes

MosesMom1 04-18-2012 08:39 AM

When I upped my water intake, I went about every 30 minutes... it's super annoying, but it should level out when your body adjusts to the amount of water. ;)

Misa66 04-18-2012 08:49 AM

In a short answer, YES!

Before I barely used to drink 2 glasses of water a day and that was only with meals, now at work alone (8 hour shift) I drink 3-4 glasses and I swear I go like 5-6 times Dx

aleksandra 04-18-2012 10:07 AM

let's start a club! :D

krampus 04-18-2012 10:11 AM

You get used to it. Now I feel terrible and panicky if I don't pee at least 10 times a day!

MiZTaCCen 04-18-2012 10:49 AM

I ALWAYS have to pee, and it doesn't matter if I drink lots of water or not water. I pee every hour at least and if I have a lot of water at least 3 - 4 times within an hour. I've always been like that tho.

LiannaKole 04-18-2012 12:12 PM

It depends. I drink a lot of water every day. But I guess I don't pee as much as I used to when I first started doing that.

I think I just got better at holding it. ;)

healthierME1246 04-18-2012 12:15 PM

Misa66: I also take vitamins which turn it highlighter yellow lol so I'm not really sure how dark it is. I drink anywhere from 4-7 16 oz. bottles of water a day. That's after each meal and snack and when I exercise. But I've always had about that much. Like I said I've always been a huge water drinker..

everyone else: I hope my body gets used to it. I have had both a bladder and a kidney infection and I don't think that's it. Glad I'm not alone though. Thanks everyone.

thistoo 04-18-2012 12:25 PM

I ALWAYS have to pee. Always. I pee, then I stand up and I have to pee again. I have bugged and bugged my doctors and they've been completely useless. You get used to it.

healthierME1246 04-18-2012 02:25 PM

That is so crazy that you say that! That's exactly how I feel! I will pee and then as soon as I stand up after wiping I have to go again! I'm glad I'm not crazy! lol I was getting worried for a split second ..

xJox 04-18-2012 03:47 PM

You definitely aren't alone. I feel the exact same way. I drink 8 glasses of water a day and I feel like that is all I do.

Buzzy bee 04-18-2012 04:24 PM

I increased my water intake when I started my healthier lifestyle and I am constantly running to the bathroom.

I know when I did this a couple of years ago, I got better at holding on for longer. My dr said your bladder does literally get used to holding more. And of course don't forget the good old pelvic floor exercises so you can avoid any embarrassing dashes to the bathroom.

Eurus 04-18-2012 05:42 PM

I used to have to pee A LOT. Now I dont. I dont know if my body adjusted a little bit, or if Im simply not drinking enough. I guess I should drink more tho..

meltaway 04-18-2012 10:20 PM

I have to pee ALL THE TIME> I have to pee right now actually. It's crazy.

meltaway 04-18-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chain (Post 4298456)
I'll respond to your personal question with another personal question; how dark is your urine?

If it's darkly colored, it makes sense that frequent urination would accompany weight loss - the Law of Conservation of Mass says matter can neither be created nor destroyed, so the weight has to leave your body somehow.

If it's very lightly colored (almost the same color as the water in the toilet bowl before you, *ahem*) then your body is deliberately shedding water and you need to drink less of it. It is completely possible - and unhealthy - to drink too much water! It thins the blood to the point where it makes a heart attack more likely, among other things.

An article from our dear Stumptuous about over-hydrating:
http://www.stumptuous.com/waterlogged-tim-noakes

I'm going to disagree with this. It's isn't as hard and fast as all that. I'm often dehydrated and I (lately) try to drink water a lot to compensate for this, I urinate a lot, and it's clear about 80% of the time. It's not at all because I'm drinking too much water. If i didn't drink as much water as I do (not much, just a normal amount, really) I would be dehydrated.

Before this however I'd drink water once a week or something. If that much. I was terrible, but I'd still have mostly clear urine. (My kidneys are fine.)