3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Anyone interested in starting a 9 or 12 week challenge? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/256761-anyone-interested-starting-9-12-week-challenge.html)

munchievictim 04-12-2012 11:44 AM

Me! I'm in the six week challenge but I totally want to keep going after six weeks is up obvs sooo. And my fiancé's birthday is at the beginning of september. It would be nice to be able to wear something cute and a little revealing when we go out. And to feel more comfortable in my skin will be a great present to him.
My goal is also thirtyish lbs but I'm going to round it off to a nice number- 225 by September.
My plan is calorie counting and exercising, no super rigid rules just staying under 1700 calories, one meal off a week, exercise when I can. Ive only been losing weight for a week and a half or so (this time around) and I'm trying not to get all caught up in rigid rules and just focus on eating better. Once I get comfortable here I plan to restrict calories more and commit to four days of exercise a week at least.

momof3preemies 04-12-2012 11:45 AM

I just joined the 6 week one but I'd love to join here also

SW: 199.5
GW: 170 (30lbs)

calilove03 04-12-2012 01:12 PM

So when does this challenge start?!

mirax3 04-12-2012 07:57 PM

Do you guys want to start it now? I think we should do either daily or weekly accountability to make sure we all stay on track.

Today was okay for me. I had several events I had to go to and they all of course included food. I ate the veggies, had a spring roll, and had half of a veggie wrap so not too bad. I ate the rest of my meals at home. Going to the gym tonight, trying to force myself to get off my lazy butt!

What exercises are you guys doing? I am doing cardio and strength training and I do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred a couple times a week. It is really hard for me to keep motivated with my busy schedule!

cheyenne89 04-13-2012 06:40 AM

Wow! Thanks everyone :-) it sounds like a 12 week challenge would work then! I am setting a goal of 30 lbs in 12 weeks which would put be around 230lbs. I just ordered my dress and it's a size 24 (ugh!) I would to have it altered to a size 20! If any of you would also like to be email buddies ( just because I check that more) that would be awesome! I would love to really get to know you guys to be able to really motivate and support eachother the next 12 weeks. If so, message me for my email! .. I Look forward to chatting with you all hopefully! Good luck :)

Bikini Ready 04-13-2012 09:41 AM

I've been on track so far this week both food and exercise wise. Yesterday and today are my rest workout days and I will get back to it tomorrow. Diet wise I have been better than normal, weekends are usually most difficult for me but I'm going to be strict this weekend so I don't reverse any progress. It doesn't help that I'm on my . and really want chocolate. I try to curb cravings by having a small square of 75% cocoa chocolate... seems to be working well.

How are all of you doing?

mirax3 04-13-2012 11:00 AM

Cheyenne Is your name Cheyenne? I LOVE that name :D Anyway, I definitely think you can do 30 in 12 weeks. Won't it feel good to get that dress altered (even though it's a pain). I'm sure you will be looking lovely at the wedding!

Melissa Sounds like you are doing great! Weekends are especially hard for me too since I spend most of it at my parents and they always stock up on my trigger foods. :( I like your idea of using 75% cocoa chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth! I use raw cacao nibs but it is an acquired taste I think-pretty bitter. Keep up the good work!

I am doing pretty good today except I haven't eaten breakfast yet and it's 11:00 a.m.! Better get on that. I am trying really hard to get into the 160's by April 30th (my birthday) so we will see if I can manage that. :)

How is everyone today?

munchievictim 04-13-2012 01:31 PM

Cheyenne, we're similar age(if 89 is your birth year)/weight/height and i'm also trying to lose thirty lbs during this challenge. So woo! Lol. E-mail buddies sounds fun! I can pm you my email if you like.
So I ate way of plan a couple of days ago and felt like crappp and gained a lb back, ate very little yesterday and lost that lb so I'm back where I was three days ago. Boo. But it teaches me a lesson about cheat days.
I'm 256.7 this morning, and on plan for the day, althought I just realized I haven't eaten yet. I've had a lot of schoolwork this week and finally got it all handed in so I let myself sleep until noon today, and I have class at 1:30 (right now) so I guess I just forgot.
Fiancé and I are having stuffed chicken breast for dinner, and I made some greattt frozen yogurt that has like 60 cals a serving. I actually got the recipe/idea from Portia de Rossi's anorexia memoir, Unbearable Lightness. Weird place to get a recipe but it was a cool, low-cal idea. I just got a carton of greek non-fat yogurt and put a bunch of Splenda and lime juice in it and mixed it up really well and stuck it in the freezer. So good.
Anyway, have a good day girls. Hope everyone stays on plan!

munchievictim 04-13-2012 01:35 PM

Mirax3- I love to go to my grandmother's house (which is home for me) because she always has good coarse healthy Country food like ham and veggies from their garden, but she also ALWAYS stocks up on sodas and chips and cereal and ice cream...ugh. I always feel like I'm eating well when I'm there because the quality of the food is better than what I eat at my house, but I always gain at least a couple of lbs every time I stay with her. But she and my grandpa are naturally thin, healthy people (my whole family is actually) and they're super supportive of my weight loss so she tries to not have as much junk anymore.

MsBrightside 04-13-2012 02:20 PM

Is it too late to join this 12 week challenge?? I'd love to be 30 lbs lighter, as well. Which would put me at 220ish. Official weekly weigh in tomorrow. But it's around there.

I hope I can still join in!

calilove03 04-13-2012 02:23 PM

I have been ok diet wise. This week has been hectic, so I need to hit the gym soon. As far as weigh-ins, I think weekly ones would be great!! In my opinion daily weigh-ins can get real stressful and discouraging.

kisskiss 04-13-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheyenne89 (Post 4291742)
Wow! Thanks everyone :-) it sounds like a 12 week challenge would work then! I am setting a goal of 30 lbs in 12 weeks which would put be around 230lbs. I just ordered my dress and it's a size 24 (ugh!) I would to have it altered to a size 20! If any of you would also like to be email buddies ( just because I check that more) that would be awesome! I would love to really get to know you guys to be able to really motivate and support eachother the next 12 weeks. If so, message me for my email! .. I Look forward to chatting with you all hopefully! Good luck :)

I would love to be email buddies! We're semi similar in weight and age, although I'm a little shorter than you...I tried messaging you but couldn't find that option near your profile. May be I'm doing it wrong?
I think 30 pounds in 12 weeks is doable! that's what I'll be aiming for as a short term goal. I have a wedding in September too, and I want to look great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by munchievictim (Post 4292344)

Fiancé and I are having stuffed chicken breast for dinner, and I made some greattt frozen yogurt that has like 60 cals a serving. I actually got the recipe/idea from Portia de Rossi's anorexia memoir, Unbearable Lightness. Weird place to get a recipe but it was a cool, low-cal idea. I just got a carton of greek non-fat yogurt and put a bunch of Splenda and lime juice in it and mixed it up really well and stuck it in the freezer. So good.
Anyway, have a good day girls. Hope everyone stays on plan!

yum that fro-yo sounds delicious I am going to have to try it!

My week went really well, i actually have been on plan with my diet (calorie counting). the only thing I haven't been able to do is really motivate myself to go back to the gym :( I'm telling myself I am going to go today, after I get off work.

Do any of you have myfitnesspal? my name is ckisskiss if anyone wants to be buddies :)

Ashmarie484 04-13-2012 02:57 PM

This is my first post in 20something since joining yesterday but I would love to join the 12 week challenge. I weighed 223.8 this morning so 30lb loss would put my goal at 193.8/ :) This is my first challenge so I dont really understand what we need to post everyday.

Ashmarie484 04-13-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kisskiss (Post 4292431)
I would love to be email buddies! We're semi similar in weight and age, although I'm a little shorter than you...I tried messaging you but couldn't find that option near your profile. May be I'm doing it wrong?
I think 30 pounds in 12 weeks is doable! that's what I'll be aiming for as a short term goal. I have a wedding in September too, and I want to look great.

yum that fro-yo sounds delicious I am going to have to try it!

My week went really well, i actually have been on plan with my diet (calorie counting). the only thing I haven't been able to do is really motivate myself to go back to the gym :( I'm telling myself I am going to go today, after I get off work.

Do any of you have myfitnesspal? my name is ckisskiss if anyone wants to be buddies :)

I do fitnesspal everyday & would love to add you as a buddy, I currently have 0 lol. My username is ashmarie484 looking forward to having you as a buddy :)

Kay7jay 04-13-2012 03:15 PM

I want to play!!!

I'll go with 30 pounds too, although 32 would be nice since that's a major goal of mine :)

I've been doing mostly organic vegetarian and (attempting to) do c25k and turbo fire for exercise. I'm training for a mud run/5k but I've been slacking lately.

I should point out that the admin might lock this thread since there is a section for challenges "chicks up for a challenge".. but hopefully not :)

SW- 240