Old 04-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Default Frustrated

I am on MFP and I have a family member on there so of course she has no filter. She is constantly commenting on my diary and just bashing what is working for me. I love having my diary open but if it keeps up I'm going to have to make it private! I've lost close to 24 pounds now! Yes, I realize the last 2 days I have had a lot of candy but you know what? I'm under calorie budget and hadn't had any in 2 months. Yes, I realize I eat out on Tuesday/Thursday but I'm trying to cut back and eat at home instead of grabbing something on my way home. It just makes me mad when every other day she's commenting on something like that. I'm celebrating in what I have already lost and working on what I still need to work on (eating out and candy). I'm eating great most of the time it's just a few days a week I splurge and it's not in a go over calorie splurge. I think today was because I really did eat poorly today but she doesn't have to point it out all the time. We all have bad days! Sorry for ranting but I just had to get it out there!

Last edited by Princess of the KING; 04-09-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Princess of the KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #2  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

You need to gently remind her that MFP is not for fat bashing (of any sort) and if that kind of talk continues you may have to remove her. You need positive reinforcement as opposed to negative. Is it so hard for her to say "Good Job!" and leave it at that *despite* what you may have actually eaten?

I would go private and when she asks why, you can have the conversation with her. You don't need that kind of thing on MFP. (I'm Leighish on MFP if you want a cheerleader )

Oh wait! I think you ARE my friend on MFP!

Last edited by leighish; 04-09-2012 at 07:50 PM.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #3  

Thanks! I really appreciate the support I'm debating between removing her or going private. Either way there will be questions!

She criticized my .2 loss! I had to remind her I only weigh in twice a week and I don't focus on the number on the scale anymore. I used to be addicted to the number on the scale. If that's what I had today then that's what I have!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #4  
threenorns

you know what?

leave her up there - make her comments public (if you can do that).

reply with nothing more than "unh-hunh.... " "okay".... "thanks"... etc and keep posting your results.

let's see how long it takes before she realizes how utterly ridiculous she is making herself look.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #5  

It's in private message so I can't but I made my diary private. I may make it public and just ignore her messages
Old 04-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

What is mfp?
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 228/150

Height: 5'7"

mfp = my fitness pal, it's a website where you can track your calories and exercise.
debigulating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/249/170

Height: 5'7

Hey, I am on MFP and would like more friends, if people can add me

SN= srt4852

Congrats on the 24 lbs!

As for your cousin, let her know that while you understand she wants to keep you on track, what you are doing is working for you. Her point out that you are not eating properly and/or go over is really just frustrating for you.
SugarRomeoTango4852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #9  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by threenorns View Post
you know what?

leave her up there - make her comments public (if you can do that).

reply with nothing more than "unh-hunh.... " "okay".... "thanks"... etc and keep posting your results.

let's see how long it takes before she realizes how utterly ridiculous she is making herself look.
or you can just tell her how utterly ridiculous she is and to stfu. I'm illtempered and I would eventually lose it on someone like that. But that's me. If it's not bringing you down in anyway then that's awesome! And good job on you're success so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneri View Post
What is mfp?
haha I was thinking it was some sort of mental disorder at first.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen View Post
or you can just tell her how utterly ridiculous she is and to stfu. I'm illtempered and I would eventually lose it on someone like that. But that's me. If it's not bringing you down in anyway then that's awesome! And good job on you're success so far!

haha I was thinking it was some sort of mental disorder at first.
LOL! You sound like me! I was so close to losing it! I'm just that type of person that after so much I just lose it. I lost it last weekend on my uncle oddly enough he lost it later that day when I asked if he put salt in the water softner. You never know what will set someone off LOL

Thanks though I'm taking her with a grain of salt!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarRomeoTango4852 View Post
Hey, I am on MFP and would like more friends, if people can add me

SN= srt4852

Congrats on the 24 lbs!

As for your cousin, let her know that while you understand she wants to keep you on track, what you are doing is working for you. Her point out that you are not eating properly and/or go over is really just frustrating for you.
Thanks! Easter got me and I went a bit candy wild. I'm cutting it out slowly!