3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   A 3 Day Binge-ish. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/256491-3-day-binge-ish.html)

Eurus 04-08-2012 10:56 AM

A 3 Day Binge-ish.

Happy Easter.

I decided that I wasnt going to be strict with my diet for 3 days, and I've been eating just about anything, and I havent been working out.

How much do you guys think its possible to gain in 3-4 days?
I didnt dare to weight-in at Saturday like I normally do, but I will definitely workout everyday this week. and then weight-in again on Saturday.

Should I be worried? Do you think I've gained a whole lot?

philana 04-08-2012 11:10 AM

You shouldnt be worried, period. If you gained you know why, and you know how to lose it. Just take the consequence of things and not worry.

Eurus 04-08-2012 11:33 AM

Thanks. Im not too worried about it. Recently I've lost about 2.2 pounds a week. But I am going on vacation in 6 weeks tho, so I hope I didnt gain too much tho.
Im curious to see how much I weight next Saturday.

DrivenByAmbition 04-08-2012 12:41 PM

Why did you take a 3-4 break? Stay strong and stay on plan. The only way to keep weight off is to make this a lifestyle change.

Eurus 04-08-2012 12:47 PM

It was a choice that I wanted to make. I know Im strong enough to get back on track. I know its a lifestyle, but I can either do this the way Im doing it, or I can stay on track every single day. And then months down the road I'll give up or give in.
It wasnt exactly binging either, because it was something I decided before I did this. I just wasnt sure exactly what to call it. My new lifestyle is going to have to include some chocolate and some tasty cakes once in a while. Or I wont make it.

Misa66 04-09-2012 06:08 AM

Hm if youve been eating everything under the moon it could be 5+lbs but most of it could be water weight I've you've been eating high sodium. Usually on my two days off from work I take a "mini break" aka. I don't bother to exercise and am more lenient about eating "normal" food than my "diet" one but I'd say in 3 days I usually gain about 1 or 2lbs or 3 if I really go over board
I've never gained more than 3 though

Elliemar 04-09-2012 06:26 AM

I wouldn't worry too much - if I give myself a weekend off (I did it this weekend too) I can gain anyhing up to 3lb but most of that goes within a few days as it's just bloat. Just draw a line and get straight back on track and you'll be fine. I decided a long time ago to treat this as a lifestyle change and not a diet and therefore it has to fit into my life. Giving myself a break every now and then worked for me as it meant I could indulge in some cravings (briefly) without guilt and also because it usually showed me that the next day my system felt pretty awful and if that was the effect junk food was having on me, then I really didn't need it THAT much. :)

It's not worth beating yourself up over a few days - they're behind you - look forward to that vacation and concentrate on that. :)

Eurus 04-09-2012 10:11 AM

3Lbs is nothing. I am already back on track today. Ate my healthy breakfast. Said no to all chocolates in sight. And already been outside for a two hour walk in the snow.
Im definitely not worried about it :)

JessicaB 04-09-2012 10:50 AM

I gave myself a free pass for Easter too. Like others said, I figure if it's a lifestyle change I'm making, I should be able to indulge on holidays, so long as I go back to my healthy eating afterwards. But I didn't give myself a free pass on exercising, so that should help balance things out. I was surprised that I am back to where I was on Thursday already, so it balanced out okay!

I did successfully avoid the Easter candy though. I have some that was given to me, and I figure once I get closer to a healthy weight, I'll start incorporating a couple small pieces a week, so long as I don't go overboard.

MiZTaCCen 04-09-2012 12:47 PM

I'm binged a lot sat and sunday. Ah well, it was bound to happen when I went to my aunts house. At least I got it out of my system and I definitely want no more junk food! lol

shapedself 04-09-2012 02:14 PM

Big weight gain is just like big weight loss. It doesn't happen overnight. Relapses happen. Just start with a new day. Good luck.