Exactly a year ago...

• ...I had an interview and I found out last minute. Well crap, I needed to go get a suit.

I remember running to Macy's and trying on suits. I had already lost about 8lbs from my first try in December 2010 so I was feeling pretty good about myself.

Well it didn't turn out so well. Cue me getting upset and finally having to buy a size 16P suit. I refused to go bigger than that and the pants were a little tight but it wouldn't need alterations. It was also on sale so I didn't spend a lot. I was getting ready to get my Master's so I was on the broke side.

Fast forward to now. I have two interviews coming up again (ahhh!!!) so I thought I could get away with the size 12 blazer I had bought in the summer. It was part of a pantsuit set and I knew the pants would not work, but I had another pair that would.

This is the part where my mind is STILL NOT QUITE THERE. I didn't think the size 12 blazer was all that big....UNTIL I PUT IT ON. It wasn't swimming on me or anything (I'm kind of broad-shouldered) but it was too big for me to wear.

Well today I strolled into Mandee and bought a size small blazer and am wearing size 2 pants with it. I literally walked in, threw it on over my shirt, saw it worked, bought it, and walked out.

Huge difference from a year ago!! I wish I still had the 16P suit to compare, but I gave it to a friend
  • Thats awesome!
  • Quote: This is the part where my mind is STILL NOT QUITE THERE. I didn't think the size 12 blazer was all that big....UNTIL I PUT IT ON. It wasn't swimming on me or anything (I'm kind of broad-shouldered) but it was too big for me to wear.
    Hehe, yeah. I understand that. I've been having the opposite happen recently, as all but one or two of the shirts I've been wearing have gotten too loose. This morning I finally dug out my smallest clothes from right out of high school and when I was looking at one of them, all I could think was 'Crap, I can't fit into this, what am I going to wear.'

Yeah, well that shirt is what I'm wearing right now And its looser than I when wore it years ago.
  • That's amazing
  • Awesome!!!!!!!! What a great moment of victory!
  • Congratulations OP. Pretty sweet NSV for you.
  • Awesome! Congrats!
  • That's awesome! Way to go!!
  • That is so awesome, I got a chill!! Go borrow that suit back and take a pic, haha (And good luck on your interviews!)
  • That's wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Good for you!! Woot woot!