3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Exactly a year ago... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/255165-exactly-year-ago.html)

sontaikle 03-19-2012 03:55 PM

Exactly a year ago...

...I had an interview and I found out last minute. Well crap, I needed to go get a suit.

I remember running to Macy's and trying on suits. I had already lost about 8lbs from my first try in December 2010 so I was feeling pretty good about myself.

Well it didn't turn out so well. Cue me getting upset and finally having to buy a size 16P suit. I refused to go bigger than that and the pants were a little tight but it wouldn't need alterations. It was also on sale so I didn't spend a lot. I was getting ready to get my Master's so I was on the broke side.

Fast forward to now. I have two interviews coming up again (ahhh!!!) so I thought I could get away with the size 12 blazer I had bought in the summer. It was part of a pantsuit set and I knew the pants would not work, but I had another pair that would.

This is the part where my mind is STILL NOT QUITE THERE. I didn't think the size 12 blazer was all that big....UNTIL I PUT IT ON. It wasn't swimming on me or anything (I'm kind of broad-shouldered) but it was too big for me to wear.

Well today I strolled into Mandee and bought a size small blazer and am wearing size 2 pants with it. I literally walked in, threw it on over my shirt, saw it worked, bought it, and walked out.

Huge difference from a year ago!! I wish I still had the 16P suit to compare, but I gave it to a friend :)

MiZTaCCen 03-19-2012 06:46 PM

Thats awesome! :)

flashfacts 03-19-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sontaikle
This is the part where my mind is STILL NOT QUITE THERE. I didn't think the size 12 blazer was all that big....UNTIL I PUT IT ON. It wasn't swimming on me or anything (I'm kind of broad-shouldered) but it was too big for me to wear.

Hehe, yeah. I understand that. I've been having the opposite happen recently, as all but one or two of the shirts I've been wearing have gotten too loose. This morning I finally dug out my smallest clothes from right out of high school and when I was looking at one of them, all I could think was 'Crap, I can't fit into this, what am I going to wear.'

Yeah, well that shirt is what I'm wearing right now :D And its looser than I when wore it years ago.

LeilaJey 03-19-2012 07:28 PM

That's amazing :)

hle82 03-20-2012 07:55 AM

Awesome!!!!!!!! What a great moment of victory!

shapedself 03-20-2012 10:38 AM

Congratulations OP. Pretty sweet NSV for you.

MusicalAstronaut 03-20-2012 10:25 PM

Awesome! Congrats!

lyrical 03-20-2012 10:30 PM

That's awesome! Way to go!!

juliana77 03-20-2012 10:37 PM

That is so awesome, I got a chill!! Go borrow that suit back and take a pic, haha :) (And good luck on your interviews!)

LandonsBaby 03-21-2012 11:39 PM

That's wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guacamole 03-21-2012 11:41 PM

Good for you!! Woot woot!