Old 02-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #31  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualSiren View Post
I won't even go into a lot of stores because I'm so afraid that they won't have anything close to my size and the salespeople are so rude when you are too heavy for the clothes. I don't understand why. What do they care? I know I've walked by stores that sell very small sizes but have cute shoes in the front display, but I know I can't go in to get them. In the past, I have actually taken advantage of being out shopping with thinner friends/family by using them as a "cover" to have a reason to go in without getting bounced by a salesgirl.
Despite the fact that I can fit into all the straight size stores, there are several I refuse to patronize because of how I was treated when I was obese. I'm not about to give them my business now just because I'm suddenly a part of their customer demographic.

Stores where the salespeople where nice, friendly, and helpful? I'm going there.

One of my favorite stores is still Dots. They had a great plus size section and they have a nice straight size section (so I can still shop there, yay!) AND regardless of one's size the salesgirls are always very helpful. Although for some reason now the plus size section seems nicer than the straight size one, lol!

I'll never forget the stink eye I got at Victoria's Secret, Abercrombie, Hollister, and a couple of other stores when I wandered in there with my thinner friends. Guess what? I may be able to fit into those clothes now (although I still can't fit into VS bras) but there's no way in **** I'm going to shop there. I don't understand being mean to POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS. I mean how the h*ll do they know you aren't buying a gift or something?
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #32  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekellz View Post
When no matter how hot it is outside you have to wear long pants, possibly even some sort of hoodie or sweatshirt type thing. ("I swear I'm not hot!)
omg!!! i can so relate to that!!!!

you know you need to lose weight when you wear maternity clothes so you dont have to up your size. Ya i did that...
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #33  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker23 View Post
Konfyoozed...what store was that? The strip is 1o minutes away from me...

when you do go back, I hope its the same women xD
i don't even remember the name, it was so long ago! lol... little white boutique, with maybe 3 of each dress hanging at chin height on the wall, ranging from size 2 to 6 and that's it. i don't recall there being any racks in the store other than for accessories. it's been a while (years) since i was there. not even sure if it's still there, but i'll know it when i see it lol (pretty sure it was just a little ways down from the PI pizza place on 30th street, cause we had food there and were walking around)

which brings me to another "you know you need to lose weight when..."

i lived less than 15 minutes away from the beach for 8 years, and can count the number of times i put my feet in the water. on ONE hand. and i never went in a bathing suit.

Last edited by konfyoozed; 02-29-2012 at 01:20 PM.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #34  

Height: I'm really short!

When you walk towards the back seat in class, and you hit every single binder on people's desks sorry guys
Jan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #35  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Despite the fact that I can fit into all the straight size stores, there are several I refuse to patronize because of how I was treated when I was obese. I'm not about to give them my business now just because I'm suddenly a part of their customer demographic.

Stores where the salespeople where nice, friendly, and helpful? I'm going there.

One of my favorite stores is still Dots. They had a great plus size section and they have a nice straight size section (so I can still shop there, yay!) AND regardless of one's size the salesgirls are always very helpful. Although for some reason now the plus size section seems nicer than the straight size one, lol!

I'll never forget the stink eye I got at Victoria's Secret, Abercrombie, Hollister, and a couple of other stores when I wandered in there with my thinner friends. Guess what? I may be able to fit into those clothes now (although I still can't fit into VS bras) but there's no way in **** I'm going to shop there. I don't understand being mean to POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS. I mean how the h*ll do they know you aren't buying a gift or something?
You need to pull a "Pretty Woman" and walk in there with a bunch of bags and say to them "you wouldn't serve me when I was overweight....haha well BIG MISTAKE!"
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 167/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
UGh that happened to me...with my SWEAT pants! lol
skinny sweat pants who woulda thought
ME TOO! haaha
kelelaoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #37  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher2B View Post
Ugh, yeah, leggins/pantyhose in summer are evil! I just don't wear skirts in summer outside my house, unless I know I am going to a place where I won't be walking too much.
I mostly wear skirts so that's why I find the Summer hard. I find it so difficult to find trousers that fit me. I'm pear shaped and I get big at the ***, hips and thighs and then my waist is pretty small so nearly everything is way too tight on my legs and super loose at my waist. So you can imagine what happens when I lean forward haha
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #38  

-When you have a huuuge fantasy of eating an entire cake...by yourself (well I do anyway! LOL)
-When you dread summertime because of all the sweat, and you can just FEEL that armpit fat, its almost as bad as the thigh chafing
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
-When you have a huuuge fantasy of eating an entire cake...by yourself (well I do anyway! LOL)
For me it's pizza, not cake. I think a lot of thin people dream of eating an entire cake, it's when you know you can FINISH it and your stomach doesn't feel like exploding is when you need to lose weight lol

Last edited by Daki; 03-02-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

-Thighs rubbing no matter what I wear/don't wear
-Seeing the double chin in photos
-Having stretch marks in more areas than just my stomach
-Being the heaviest person in a room ... full of guys (aka my work)
-Hearing the phrase, "Come on, you're not *that* fat."
-Listening to size 6-4-2-0 girls complain to me that they're "huggeee." I'm a 12. STFU.
-Not having my ring fit (this is the only thing on the list that no longer applies. yay!)
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 221/177/150

Height: 5'6"

1.Your pants rip
2. bending over is a task because your pants are so tight
Rose426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:07 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/150 (for now)

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
When you wear out the inner thighs on all of your jeans because of your thighs rubbing together...

I used to buy several pairs of the same jeans if I really liked them because of that. I still have a couple of unworn pairs in size 16, actually.

Even at this weight my thighs still rub together a little, but nowhere near where I used to be.
THIS! Even at my thinnest (130-140) my legs STILL rubbed together and put holes in my pants. I'm very bottom heavy so I basically have to be a stick to not have it happen :/
AshNStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/150 (for now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualSiren View Post
I won't even go into a lot of stores because I'm so afraid that they won't have anything close to my size and the salespeople are so rude when you are too heavy for the clothes. I don't understand why. What do they care? I know I've walked by stores that sell very small sizes but have cute shoes in the front display, but I know I can't go in to get them. In the past, I have actually taken advantage of being out shopping with thinner friends/family by using them as a "cover" to have a reason to go in without getting bounced by a salesgirl.

Also, I hate it when someone asks where I got a cute top if it came from a plus size store, so I'll lie and say I don't know.

Anyway -

When you dread being offered free food because you both don't feel comfortable with people seeing/knowing that you ate it and hate having to deal with the onslaught of pressure when you try to say no. (Now I also just don't want to eat it.)

When you dodge invitations to do super fun things with people you miss hanging out with because you're ashamed of how much weight that you've put on since the last time they saw you.

When someone criticizes the weight/habits of someone that you know is the exact same weight as you are. (This recently happened to me. My coworker told me her weight and it was the same as mine. However, I feel like my stomach is bigger.)

When you make plans to start living your "real life" when you finally get some of the weight off.
Also, THIS! Especially the last three. I haven't seen some of my best friends in over a year, and I keep imagining finally seeing them again once I lost the weight :/
AshNStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:18 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 220/148/140(ATM)

Height: 5'2" on a good day

-When you know that getting on a horse will probably break its back.

-Building up on that, when you check weight requirements for all the fun things you want to do! (I still do it though! I still worry that I might be too big for some things.)

-When a guy tells you he prefers girls that weigh less than he does... (he's my cousin so nothing there, but those kind of requirements does hurt since I wonder if other guys think the same thing.)

-When you feel the elevator lower as you step on it!! Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels so incredibly self-conscious about that (I have perfected the 'half-step on' in hopes of fooling people that it wasn't me who caused the lift to drop a few centimeters...)

-When you see the look of dread on a stranger's face as you take the airplane seat next to him.

Despite me being closer to my normal BMI range than ever before in my life, I am still self-conscious about all the things I've listed (and the ones others posted here!)

Last edited by DesertTabby; 03-03-2012 at 02:20 AM.
DesertTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose426 View Post
1.Your pants rip
2. bending over is a task because your pants are so tight
girlfriend you and i have the same problem :/.
abejune23 is offline   Reply With Quote