"Eat MORE and lose weight!!!"
"NEVER eat these foods again and lose weight!!"
"The 5 magic foods that will make you lose weight!!"
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #17  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I hate any commercial that depicts crappy food as healthy. Like the mention nutella commercial, Basically any Mcdonalds commercial that attempts to say that *insert product name* is healthy.

The one that really gets me going is that stupid Lipozen commercial! Oh its liposuction in a pill?! COME ON PEOPLE! You CAN NOT get liposuction in a pill. Ugh, anyone else seen that one?
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

This is a little older but still bothers me to this day.

It was a Hershey's commercial of various people talking about their chocolate. In one, the guy says (paraphrased) "Chocolate makes women go 'OOOOOH! Chocolate!!!' It's a great way to pick up women."

WTF?!? My husband says that every once in a while just because he knows it makes my blood boil.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
"Eat MORE and lose weight!!!"
"NEVER eat these foods again and lose weight!!"
"The 5 magic foods that will make you lose weight!!"
^^^

And diet pill commercials. Those are such shii... I don't really like workout commercials either because they are unrealistic. I also always find myself wondering, "How many of these before and after photos were photoshopped?..."

Lately though, I'm just irritated that there are so many commercials in general. My Grandmother and I were talking about this over the summer and she said, "Sometimes I count how many commercials there are just because I swear there are more now than there used to be..." And I'll be damned if we didn't count something like 7 commercials back to back. It's especially irritating when I'm trying to jog and push myself to go further because if something is on tv for me to watch, it helps. But when they go on commercial break for 10 minutes, that's nearly the entire length of time I plan to be jogging for, wth? -_-
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #20  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I have nothing against Weight Watchers. It is a great program but I am SICK to death of their commercials. Basically, all the stupid weightloss diet commercials I see drive me nuts. They make it look so easy and we all know it is NOT.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

What actually bothers me is cleaning solution commercials. There was one, I believe oxiclean, commercial where they poured wine on the carpet, used oxiclean on it, then "dabbed" it up and the white carpet was pristine. But you could see that the towel never touched the carpet and the whole stain just faded while the towel was over it. A lot of commercials do stuff like that and if you pay attention you can see how their "comparisons" are rigged. Ugh. We're not idiots! Either do it the right way or don't show a comparison.

And car commercials because they are almost all CG now. They barely try to hide that anymore. Actually, I hate most commercials for various reasons. Also, no one is ever that excited about doing laundry or drinking a soda. Chill out.

Last edited by Daki; 02-27-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/150 (for now)

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daki View Post
What actually bothers me is cleaning solution commercials. There was one, I believe oxiclean, commercial where they poured wine on the carpet, used oxiclean on it, then "dabbed" it up and the white carpet was pristine. But you could see that the towel never touched the carpet and the whole stain just faded while the towel was over it. A lot of commercials do stuff like that and if you pay attention you can see how their "comparisons" are rigged. Ugh. We're not idiots! Either do it the right way or don't show a comparison.

And car commercials because they are almost all CG now. They barely try to hide that anymore. Actually, I hate most commercials for various reasons. Also, no one is ever that excited about doing laundry or drinking a soda. Chill out.
Lol!!!
AshNStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

What bugs me is that it's STILL almost inevitably women doing the cleaning in those commercials. STILL. After all these years.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #24  
Awesome

S/C/G: see ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea2 View Post
What bugs me is that it's STILL almost inevitably women doing the cleaning in those commercials. STILL. After all these years.
I totally understand where you're coming from, but it's a marketing issue, not a social one. Surveys indicate that it's the women in family households (which are still the dominant living situation in the U.S.) who purchase cleaning products; they make most practical purchases for the family, while the husband is more likely to make the luxury purchases. They're directing the commercials toward their target demographic.

Even men that make the purchase of cleaning products tend to be less receptive to new cleaning "tech," choosing instead to use what their mothers did or whatever's cheapest.

Last edited by bopbot; 02-27-2012 at 08:36 PM.
bopbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #25  
Started IP 01/06/2014

Height: 5'7''

WOW @ that Levi's commercial. It's utterly ridiculous, I sort of want to write them an email.

I hate the Trop50 commercial. The blonde woman (I think she is a celebrity) is overjoyed because she thinks that her friends said that she got some plastic surgery. I don't know when "you got some work done" became a compliment! I have nothing against plastic surgery, it's a personal decision, but I don't think that it's right to make it seem like everyone should "improve" themselves.

I also dislike any commercials from Vermont. I live in Montreal and we get some of the same stations as Vermont, and boy are they skilled at finding bad actors/catch phrases. No disrespect intended.
Emmcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #26  
Awesome

S/C/G: see ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmcakes View Post
WOW @ that Levi's commercial. It's utterly ridiculous, I sort of want to write them an email.

I hate the Trop50 commercial. The blonde woman (I think she is a celebrity) is overjoyed because she thinks that her friends said that she got some plastic surgery. I don't know when "you got some work done" became a compliment! I have nothing against plastic surgery, it's a personal decision, but I don't think that it's right to make it seem like everyone should "improve" themselves.

I also dislike any commercials from Vermont. I live in Montreal and we get some of the same stations as Vermont, and boy are they skilled at finding bad actors/catch phrases. No disrespect intended.
I WILL TOP THAT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs

This place is about twenty minutes' drive from where I live.
bopbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I knew even before clicking on the link that it would be for "Red House Furniture". It's so utterly ridiculous.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #28  
Started IP 01/06/2014

Height: 5'7''

LOLLLLL ok yes that is definitely the worst commercial I have ever seen. It's really funny though because a lot of companies try to pass off as many ethnicities as possible in their commercials but they're the first that I know of to do it like that.
You win!

Last edited by Emmcakes; 02-27-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Emmcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 270/257.4/130

Height: 5.0 Tall

Haha Ruth I agree I hate that toliet paper commercial with the baby bear also. I've never left a bathroom with paper stuck to my backside!!! I also can not STAND that guy on the nationwide commercial with the phone ' Where am I going Carl?...." Geesh. I also hate commercials that treat the consumer like they have to be cartoons or someone just acting stupid to sell their product. Just have someone give me the facts and then go away lol
DiabeticDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 227/243.8/146

Height: 5'8"

bopbot, I am STILL laughing at that commercial. That was RIDICULOUS!
noelle8310 is offline   Reply With Quote