Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 01:19 PM   #31  

Hello hello..

Its a beautiful day.. and I am sick. Still sick since last Thursday night. Sucky, but I can function.

I decided to sign up for fitday. I think its time I started to really watch what I eat. So here goes.

I am going to *try* to go workout today, but it depends on how I feel. Not being able to breathe is a bad thing.

I hope everyone enjoys their day.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:49 PM   #32  

Hello all,

Tanya - take care of yourself! Hope that you are feeling better soon!

Monique - I got sucked into the Oscar's too! Always fun to watch. How is the learning to knit going?

Kris
Old 03-25-2003, 12:34 AM   #33  

Hi all,

I watched the Oscars last night also while attempting to work on my taxes (fun). Had a couple of real bad binge days last Tuesday and Thursday but was able to eat balanced meals for Friday and the remainder of the weekend (a big first for me). The scale amazingly showed a 1.5 lb loss tonight but I am not quite believing it. Hope to keep up the balancing act this week. I already know we'll be heading to a diner tomorrow which will be difficult for me but I'm going to try to offset the damage with some extra exercise.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 03-27-2003, 12:35 PM   #34  

Hi everyone.

I worked out yesterday. About 3/4 of my normal intensity.. maybe less. It was really hard. I'm still sick (although better).. and I might head to the doctor soon. Its hard to tell if I have a URI or a sinus infection. We'll see.

I weighed myself for the first time in weeks. The scale decided to take a drop and got me down to 151. So thats positive.. I dont think its muscle loss (can you lose muscle in 2 weeks?). It might be because I havent been eating as much. Or who knows.

Back to work
Old 03-27-2003, 01:00 PM   #35  

Hello,

Just a quick note over my lunch break...

Tanya...I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. Your cold certainly does seem to be hanging in there! You must be very excited....only 1 more pound to go until you are at 150! That is amazing!

Monique...I found learning to knit a bit frustrating the first few times I tried it (I learned from a kid's book, too!). It'll all click into place after a few tries. My partner and I keep score of our Oscar picks, too. We play for high stakes - 1 year worth of bragging rights. I lost by 1 point!

Hi Lacia, sounds like you are back on track (from your posts in the meals & exercise thread).

Going to the gym after work today.

Kris
Old 03-27-2003, 02:52 PM   #36  

Kris - I wish I could be more excited about getting closer to 150.. but I've hit 151 before and I just seemed to stay there.. getting below 150 seems to be my biggest challenge since I started my weight loss adventure. Thanks for the encouragement though.. it helps.

Have fun at the gym after work
Old 04-01-2003, 01:27 PM   #37  

Well March has come and gone.. lets see how I did.

1) Workout 3-4 times a week **I did this about 50%.. very bad

2) Get under 150 ** Nope.
3) Weigh myself once a week **Did this

So I am not very happy with this month and when I started I was so full of hope. Oh well.. time to make a change for next month.
Old 04-02-2003, 01:34 AM   #38  

Assessment time...

1. Cardio 5 x / week... to go for a short run once a week.

Kept up the swimming and am following a new runner's workout where I run 5 days a week so I definitely achieved this goal.

2. Weight training 3 x / week

I did this the first week, took 2 weeks off, and went twice last week. My shoulder has been bothering me from swimming and I didn't want to stress it any further so I'm okay with not having done this.

3. Stretching at least 3 x / week

I became less enthused about stretching this month and probably only did it once a week.

4. Journal.

Pretty good on this, even on the bad days. I like the food/exercise log thread we have going and hope to continue to post there.

5. Try to break up my meals so I'm not eating huge portions at one time. Ideally, I would like to eat smaller portions throughout the day.

Did this.

6. To not stress out about dieting and forbid certain foods. I think the deprivation leads to more cravings and eventually bad binging.

This was mixed. Some days were particularly bad.

7. 1300 - 1600 calories at least 5 x / week.

Not to sound like a broken record, but I am continuing to have trouble achieving this. I think it is due to poor planning and obviously lack of self-control. I think I need to stay out of the kitchen and try to keep busy.

I said I would have liked to have lost 4 lbs at the end of the month and I only lost 1. This month I definitely strayed from my original goals. I am glad that I didn't gain weight but not particularly happy about only having lost one pound. Hopefully next month will be better...
Old 04-07-2003, 10:55 AM   #39  

Here were my goals for the month of March:

1) Keep going to the gym 3X per week + 1 long walk each weekend

Result: OK for the first half of the month. Have since stopped going to the gym!

2) Journal. I seem to cheat (ie. creatively recalculate or eliminate food) when I don't write it down

Result: Again....great for the first half of the month. Think that I will have to go back to the portable pen & paper method, rather than posting on-line. I need to write things down as I am eating them to be accountable.

3) go a bit easier on myself. I'm feeling a bit food crazy, because I am not allowing myself ANY flexibility. I would think that anybody else taking this approach was cruel...I should extend myself the same leeway!

Result: Having a difficult time between allowing myself everything & nothing! Still trying to figure out the balance between the two.

4) take my measurements and focus a bit more on this aspect of weight loss rather than the scale.

Results: Have not really kept track at all this month! Am convinced that I have gained, but have nothing concrete to base this on. Guess I have been judging based on my mood. This is probably the least accurate way to measure!

5) Continue to do the things that have been working (walking to & from work, drinking water, eating vegetables)

Result: Great (except for the vegetables!)

6) listen more to my body. Stop eating when I am full (not when the plate is empty), and eat (something healthy) when I feel hungry

Result: Boo!! Not very good at all! Eating for stress!

I'll go post my April goals now (although they are a bit late!).

Kris
261-191-155
Closed Thread