Old 04-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #31  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaleas View Post
I am not sure if this is a good place to post this....
I suppose some of these are weird questions but I am wondering!!!

For those who haven't lost weight, I'd still like to know your answers to the "before" questions, and if anyone has any answers they'd like to contribute, I'd like to know!

How much weight have you lost? Ticker
Did people notice? Yes
Has your confidence changed? Yes
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? N/A
Does your ring size get smaller?
How different is your life? Yes, had to resize it down
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? Yes
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? Yes, sometimes eat less. Go out to eat way less
Do you look thinner to yourself? Yes
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Intermittently
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? Yes, people are nicer and more willing to talk to me. I also get special favors sometimes without asking for them.
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? Didn't notice
How many does it take now? Also, don't notice
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Occasionally thighs
Do you chafe now? No
Are jeans more comfortable? Yes
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? Yes
Can you now? Yes
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? Yes, a little
Does it now? No
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? Absolutely
Are you happier now? Yes
Were you unhappy before? Yes, somewhat
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? Years
What made you decide to lose weight? Combination of health, family, and tired of being fat.
Answered as best I remember
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #32  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

How much weight have you lost? 89 lbs ish.

Did people notice? Not at first. After about 45/50lbs. Some people I see every day still dont, lol.

Has your confidence changed? No. LOL. Seriously, I'm still the loud outspoken blonde italian I was before, I'm just a lot smaller!!

Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Maybe? I've always done it sitting down, in my bath tub, LOL. So... no?

Has it gotten easier? My calves are way smaller so.. maybe?

Does your ring size get smaller? I never had big hands, I'm in the same size now as I was at 279, although its nearing time I'll have to have it sized. I'm getting to goal first.

How different is your life? Pretty much the same, although I've inspired others to hop on the healthy train.

Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? I started at a 42D and I'm here now in a 38D.

Do you go out to eat? Heck's yes. I make dinner 5 nights a week, it will not be 7, lol...

If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? Sometimes yes, sometimes no... depends on where/what I'm eating. If its the famous such and such place that's world known for its unhealthy whatever, and I want it, I'll by golly have it! and LOVE IT!

Do you look thinner to yourself? Yes.

Did you notice the progress as it was happening? In my face and upper chest, like my collar bone area..

Do people act differently towards you? Not really.. I'm just smaller Katie.

How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? 3?

How many does it take now? LOL, more than 3, generally..

Did you chafe before? Not that I know of.

Do you chafe now? Nope.

Are jeans more comfortable? They weren't really uncomfy then, just... tight. LOL. I guess they had been tight so long that I was used to it. I do go through them faster tho, because I'm dropping sizes.. to where before I would go through them for wearing out the inner thigh! Ugh, lol.. So sad I was.

Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? Meh, sort of...

Can you now? Yep! And I get my leg over and wrapped again behind, too. I'm overly flexible. At 260+ I could still get my leg up behind my head, TMI, LOL.

Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? I'm not much of a what-others-think person, lol... It's the too much confidence thing.

Does it now? N/A. lol.

Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? Yes. My health is more important that anything at this point.

Are you happier now? Yes and no, I'm the same, lol.

Were you unhappy before? Nope.

How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? I gained weight the winter I was 9, and it never left like it did usually... until now, SUCKER!

What made you decide to lose weight? I went to the girly parts doc and the scale there weighed me in at like, 282, lol.. I was all 'WHAT?!' I went home and weighed in at 279. And I was all 'how the heck...?' and then I was just done being fat. It was long enough.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

[B]How much weight have you lost? Before pregnancy, 80 pounds

Did people notice? Oh yeah. Started about 20 pounds in.

Has your confidence changed? Yes, but not all good. In some ways I'm less confident now than before. I used to have a womanly figure, with full breasts and hips. Then the boobs disappeared, and my confidence totally crashed.
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? Wasn't too hard before, really. So no different.

Does your ring size get smaller? Yes, about a size

How different is your life? Food takes longer since it's no longer fast food. I eat a lot healthier, and working out has been essential every day.

Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? I went from a 38D to a 32B, but had to buy a C cup for extra, loose skin

Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before?
Yes, and it is different. No more fried chicken strips drenched in gravy. No fast food burgers three times a week. I prefer to make my own burgers at home. No more all-you-can eat buffets. I'll indulge in a burger every now and again, or ice cream or something. But it's not constant.

Do you look thinner to yourself? It took me a while to see, but yes.

Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Only because my clothes started getting bigger.

Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? Men treat me better in general. My family is weird around me though. For a while they started pushing food on me at holidays. But that stopped. My sister, who is really, really morbidly obese, is very awkward around me to this day. She won't eat normally and tries to explain away all her food choices even though I never question them.

How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? I'd just do one, because I hated pictures in general.

How many does it take now? Still hate pictures

Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Had some rubbing in my inner thighs

Do you chafe now? No

Are jeans more comfortable? Maternity jeans, no!! But otherwise, sure. It's harder to find jeans now than when I was big though, since I am (or was) tall and thin.

Can you now? Yep

Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? Oh yeah, a lot.

Does it now? No. I love to run and miss it a LOT.

Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it?
Absolutely. No matter how much I sometimes miss just being able to eat what I want and not feel guilty about it, or physically bad after eating it, I wouldn't go back.

Are you happier now? Healthier yes. Happier, sometimes. Weight loss does not equal happiness, I found. It doesn't instantly equal good self-esteem either. All that comes from within.

Were you unhappy before? Not really.

How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? From the age of 12 (1993) to 26 (2007)

What made you decide to lose weight? I'd thought about it for years, and "tried" halfheartedly to do it. But then I got married in '07 and decided "Screw this. I'm sick of being overweight." And started working out. Eating better came later.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 128lbs/99/99

Height: 5' 2"

How much weight have you lost? Five pounds so far.
Did people notice? I hardly see people I socialize with, so no.
Has your confidence changed? A bit. I feel a bit more in control now that I'm dieting.
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? Its always horrible. Thick body hair!
Does your ring size get smaller? In the past, weight loss has changed my ring size. But my hands are so small that its not really noticeable.
How different is your life? I'm having more problems with my clothes in the reverse direction, because I can't find all of my skinny pants! And I think I'm close to fitting into the skirt I got for christmas.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? Every time I gain and lose around 10lbs, I gain some boob weight that I don't lose. So they do shrink, but only by half of what was added.
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? I avoid fast food places that have high fructose corn syrup. Or if they just have it in the ketchup, I bring the food home and use my own, "safe" ketchup. I don't drink soda when I go out.
Do you look thinner to yourself? A bit.
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Only through my skinny pants. They got just a bit easier to get in each time.
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? I only see my husband and he acts the same. Always trying to grab at me.
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? It always takes a lot, no matter the weight. My feet are really small so the wrong angle can make them look unrealistically teeny.
How many does it take now? Still the same - I need better lighting.
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Thighs. Ugh.
Do you chafe now? Yep. but I now wear tights with skirts most times, so I avoid it anyway.
Are jeans more comfortable? Weightloss or no, I HATE jeans. My thighs can't fit where my butt can, so I never have that mythical muffin top in them. I just stick to some skorts I get in the kids section at a department store and my old stretchy pants that look like professional pants.
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? Sort of.
Can you now? Still sort of. Bad thighs!
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? It always will. I refuse to go alone, so I never go.
Does it now? I'll come back to this when I find a jogging partner.
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? It wasn't as bad when I realized I had a HFCS addiction. I cut that and it got 75% easier.
Are you happier now? Yep!
Were you unhappy before? I felt I had no control over the candy I put in my mouth.
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? Hitting 128lbs was the last straw. I knew I had to do something. And I did consider myself overweight, as I was a 23 BMI. (That's my personal overweightness cut-off.)
What made you decide to lose weight? Billions of things:
  • Don't want to be denied a job for my weight.
  • Don't want to be on the internet in those "funny" pictures because of my weight.
  • I want the right to cosplay something at a convention before I'm too old to do it.
  • Health reasons. I didn't want to have to worry about getting a health plan when I can't afford it. I've heard diabetes meds are ridiculous when paid for by pocket.
  • Still wanting to fit in a skirt that is years old, that never fit. I'd have to have a 24 inch waist to get into it.
  • Other things I can't remember.
Moonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

How much weight have you lost? 41 lbs since last year. 27 lbs since Jan 2012. 50 more pounds to go!

Did people notice? Not really. Or at least, no one has mentioned it to me.

Has your confidence changed? I was pretty delusional when I was obese and avoided photographs like the plague (I kind of still do). I feel just as appreciative and critical of my body now as I did 41+ lbs ago.

Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? It's gotten easier!! I also bump into less things.

Does your ring size get smaller? My engagement ring now fits me. However, I'm still roughly the same size.

How different is your life? I have more energy. My acne has cleared up. I can do things and not get as tired (like park blocks away from work or go up and down several flights of stairs throughout the span of one work day).

Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? Two bra sizes so far! I've always been really insecure about my chest - mostly because I'm so bottom heavy. I was a D at my heaviest. Now I'm at a full B and sagging. Breast enhancement is definitely an option I'm considering after I lose the weight.

Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? I still do normal things, like eat out. I just eat smaller portions and (mostly) healthier items.

Do you look thinner to yourself? Yep. I can tell by the size of pants. A year ago my 14s were feeling tight. I'm now a comfortable 10.

Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Nope.

Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? Yes, but I think I'm just being weird.

How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? The same number it takes now.

Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Yes - between my legs! GAHH. I tried creams, patches, special clothes - nothing... except weight loss has helped.

Do you chafe now? Less.

Are jeans more comfortable? Yes!!

Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? No.

Can you now? Better than I used to. I can't wait until it's effortless.

Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? No. It's how I lost a bulk of the initial weight.

Does it now? No.

Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? Yes. I've fallen off my work-out wagon and now really just focus on eating right since I work horrible hours.

Are you happier now? My happiness and weight weren't that correlated with one another.

How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? Since 2008? I gained alot of weight in college and it just mounted on after I graduated and went into the real world were great paying jobs are scarce...

What made you decide to lose weight? I got engaged. It made me start thinking about my future. I didn't just want to be thin for my wedding... I wanted to be healthy for my future family.
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

How much weight have you lost? Around 92 lbs.
Did people notice? Definitely!
Has your confidence changed? It's infinitely gone up. I was not a happy person, now I'm quite happy.
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? It was definitely harder, plus there was just more skin to shave. It takes less time now and my body doesn't hurt from the position necessary to shave (with a leg up).
Does your ring size get smaller? I've had my wedding ring resized and need to resize it again.
How different is your life? Much more outgoing, I go to new & exciting social engagements and I never would have done that before. I'm more social. I don't feel awkward. I feel like I can go somewhere and not get those 'looks' as much. I'm still getting to the point I can wear shorts in public, haven't gotten there fully yet.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? They were gigantic, painful on a good day, and extra painful during my period. They've probably gone down by at least 1/2.
I never order fries now. If someone orders it, I may steal 1-2 and that's it. When I was at my biggest, we'd spend thousands a year eating out. Now it's about $300/year or less.
Do you look thinner to yourself? Of course. I can move much easier than before too so I enjoy that.
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Yes. Maybe only 20 lbs in I felt better, but couldn't see it as well as I can now.
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? I bet they see me as more outgoing/confident because I am. Treating me entirely differently? No.
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? Way too many. I always looked over inflated. Then I didn't enjoy having photos taken so I just wouldn't smile or much. Maybe 5-10 shots before a good one?
How many does it take now? 1-2 shots.
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Thighs, maybe.
Do you chafe now? Much less now, definitely much less.
Are jeans more comfortable? Yes definitely, but still given my petite frame and fuller hips (still), they've never been amazingly comfortable. They're much better though!
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? It's gotten much, much easier, but given my lower half is much larger than the top, I'd say it's not 100% comfortable.
Can you now? see above.
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? For sure.
Does it now? I can't run outside, I'm still too self conscious and too much jiggles, and I can't run for long.
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? 1,000% yes!
Are you happier now? yes, for sure.
Were you unhappy before? Definitely.
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? Maybe 12-14 years! I got used to it and that's not good.
What made you decide to lose weight? Didn't want to keep eating feeling overly packed. Hated eating out and that feeling of being packed. Hated how I looked. Health reasons. Wanted to feel better about myself.

Last edited by Lovestocook9121; 04-23-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Lovestocook9121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 145/124/?

Height: 5" 4

I found this thread and thought I'd join in. I'm usually on the 30-something forum
How much weight have you lost? So far a little over 25 pounds

Did people notice? No and I would really hate it if anyone commented on my weight, unless it's here on the boards or at my dr's. I think it's extremely rude for someone to directly comment on someone's weight loss or gain.

Has your confidence changed? Iíd say it has improved a bit.

Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? Iíve never had this type of problem.

Does your ring size get smaller? Not sure. I don't wear rings

How different is your life? Itís slightly better. I have a long way to go but recognize that 25 pounds is good progress. I feel healthier already. I feel hopeful that I can continue. Itís easier to fit into clothes where before it often felt impossible.

Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? No, but I have implants so that would not happen. My bra size has gone down, but not actual breast size- the bra waistband size is smaller because my back is less wide.

Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? At the beginning I was really avoiding all situations that could derail my weight loss plans. Now I do go out to dinner or drinks with friends about twice a week. I try to plan ahead what I will eat. Also I have to go out to eat when I am travelling. This usually starts out well but then around day 2 or 3 I donít do so well.

Do you look thinner to yourself?
A little bit. Mostly when I am in a store trying on clothes. I see that clothes fit better where before nothing would fit me- Iíd look like a sausage or the next size up would look too big and sloppy.

Did you notice the progress as it was happening? No

Do people act differently towards you? No

How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? I donít do pictures now. But when I weighed a bit less it would take 150 pictures to find 2 that were not that bad.

How many does it take now? I donít do pictures.

Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Do you chafe now? No, I have never had this issue.

Are jeans more comfortable? Yes

Can you now? Yes

Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? Yes

Does it now? Yes

Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it. Yes

Are you happier now? A bit

Were you unhappy before? Yes

How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? Iíve been overweight for 2-3 years but during some of this time I was trying to lose weight.

What made you decide to lose weight? For the past three years Iíve been gaining weight. Every New Yearís I plan to lose weight and I really canít be back here next year with the same problem. I want to move on.
HappyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #38  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

This is fun!

How much weight have you lost? 75 pounds so far. About 20-25 more to go.
Did people notice? Yes, a lot. They started noticing around 20 pounds lost.
Has your confidence changed? Yes, definitely. I'm still not 100% yet but I'm getting there.
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? It was never particularly hard before. Maybe the thigh area has gotten better.
Does your ring size get smaller? Went from a tight 9 to a 6.5. Who knew you could carry so much fat in your fingers?
How different is your life? It is starting to be better. Less depressed, more energy.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? :/ A little. Went from a 40 D to a full 36 C
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? I still go out to eat. I fit it in my calorie budget for the day. Sometimes it's a salad, sometimes it's whatever I feel like. I just don't eat the whole thing for the heck of it.
Do you look thinner to yourself? Sometimes I will catch myself in the gym mirror like "who is that girl?" and realize it's me. Those are the good days. Other days I still see the chub I need to lose.
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Yes, slowly at first.
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? People are generally nicer to me. Sales associates pay attention to me in stores whereas before they looked like they were thinking "what the heck is she doing in here???"
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? I didn't do that. I despised (and still somewhat do) the camera!!
How many does it take now? Not many
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? YES. I wore holes in my pants and had to wear spanx under my skirts.
Do you chafe now? Nope!!!
Are jeans more comfortable? Yes, OMG. Before, they would cut into my sides (I was still trying to squeeze into 14's and 16's). Now it's better!
Can you now? Yep!
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? You wouldn't have caught me dead jogging in public. Ever.
Does it now? Nope.
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? It is SO worth it in so many ways.
Are you happier now? So much happier.
Were you unhappy before? Very unhappy and depressed.
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? Since I can remember. Probably started around 5 or 6.
What made you decide to lose weight? I wanted to really LIVE!
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #39  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

How much weight have you lost? 55lbs, still abt 40lbs to go.
Did people notice? After the first 30lbs, yes.
Has your confidence changed? Definitely, for the better!
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? Yes and yes.
Does your ring size get smaller? Yes.
How different is your life? I have more fun shopping, I am more open to meeting new people and less *****-y because I don't feel as judged anymore.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? Yup, I was 42-44DD and now, I am a 36D. I probably will get down to 28-30B or C once I hit goal.
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? Not as often as I used to. When I have the calories for it, I splurge sometimes so yes I eat differently.
Do you look thinner to yourself? Some days, yes, some days, no.
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Only after the first 30lbslost.
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? Family and friends, same but strangers, most definitely but I think that was because I am more friendly now than before.
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? There was never really a "good"picture before.
How many does it take now? One or two, if I'm not too drunk, lol.
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Between the thighs, so bad.
Do you chafe now? Sometimes, but that's after like an all day event with shorts or skirts in the summertime, ugh.
Are jeans more comfortable? Definitely!! Provided I'm not on ToTm.
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? Comfortably? Not really. but now, yes.
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? Oh yea, definitely.
Does it now? I don't jog but I don't think I would be if Ididit.
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? YES!!!
Are you happier now? Not 100% but definitely happier!
Were you unhappy before? Yup. :\
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? I've always been overweight since I was 7 years old but obese for like 5 years and counting.
What made you decide to lose weight? Just got fed up one day and I think it was after watching "I used to be fat" on MTV that kinda spurred me on.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:40 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 188/188/100

Height: 4'11"

How much weight have you lost? 24 lbs
Did people notice? Yep.
Has your confidence changed? My emotions didn't really follow how much I weighed, I just wanted to have a healthier lifestyle and look good on my wedding day. I have also always dressed modestly, so confidence there hasn't changed.
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? No change.
Does your ring size get smaller? Have had the same ring size when I was 100 lbs 10 years ago and when I was 170 lbs a year ago.
How different is your life? I try not to stress eat anymore, as well as not pulling all nighters and eat ramen noodles for energy, the main culprit of putting on a lot of the weight.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? No, but I wish it did.
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? I don't eat out that often, because frankly it's expensive. If at any point I do go out, it's a date with my boyfriend.
Do you look thinner to yourself? Yes
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Yes
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? No change.
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? I was pretty much not that social, I honestly only have like one picture of me at my highest weight.
How many does it take now? I hardly take pictures, and I don't really "redo" them if I do.
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? The biggest culprit is having those stupid holes near the crotch of jeans where it would rub up against. I hated replacing jeans for that reason.
Do you chafe now? After just thinking about it, I notice that it's not that big of a problem anymore. Like I know my thighs still rub together, but it doesn't take it out on my poor jeans
Are jeans more comfortable? Yes.
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? Always had I believe.
Can you now? Yes.
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? Can't really jog outside because of my asthma, but theoretically I wouldn't care.
Does it now? No change.
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? Yes.
Are you happier now? Again, my weight doesn't dicate my emotions. I would be happy nonetheless if I were still 170; not saying I would take all my hardwork back :P
Were you unhappy before? I was unhappy only by the things going on around me, not by my size.
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? I started gaining weight in high school (8 years ago), and I was always a little pudgy in the middle despite being a size 3. It didn't really bother me until I gained 10 lbs my junior year in college, which I lost 30, but quickly gained it back due to the stresses of senior year. Then after nearly 8 months after graduating, I decided to use my part time job money to pay for a gym membership and a personal trainer to make a 180 on my life and become active and healthy.
What made you decide to lose weight? I realized after volunteering for a youth trip hiking and kayaking that I wasn't fit. I knew I wanted to lose my college weight, and then some, to get more healthy.
tiawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 153/146/115 (HW of 198)

Height: 5'2

How much weight have you lost?
50 lbs from my highest. Its gone up and down since then.

Did people notice?
Absolutely!

Has your confidence changed?
Somewhat. Yes, I'm more confident now, but at the same time I live in fear of being fat far more than I ever was previously. I'm far more aware of how terrible I looked

Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier?
I never noticed difficulty in doing things, except climbing stairs which is definetly easier now.

Does your ring size get smaller?
Yes, I have to be careful washing my hands or my ring slips off.

How different is your life?
Not much except I spend more on my appearance.

Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much?
38 DD to 36DD/D depending on the bra

Yes, i LOVE going out to eat. I still need to learn the art of eating better out of home.

Do you look thinner to yourself?
In the mirror no. When I try on pants and clothes I can literally hold the difference, but no, I look the same. Photographs are ridiculous however.
I look fat in them...but when I compare them to old ones I'm like "ahfoasdnfa!!!!"

Did you notice the progress as it was happening?
No

Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family?
Yes. Women are happy for me (surprisingly). They want advice/suggestions.
Men who wouldn't touch me before suddenly were interested. It was incredibly insulting and offensive. Im the same person!!!!
When I did decide to eat a piece of cake at the office or whatever, People now felt they were allowed to comment "Should you be eating that???" How rude!

How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before?
No such thing
How many does it take now?
Still no such thing!

Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where?
Between my thighs. I hated how I looked in shorts (and I still cant own capris!), but skirts caused chaffing. IT was awful.

Do you chafe now?
Nope!

Are jeans more comfortable?
I'm still a fan of side zip or slip on jeans....hahaha

Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other?
Yes...I think?
Can you now?
Oh yeah,

Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before?
Absolutely. Jogging in a treadmill was terrifying.
Does it now?
I dont like running outside, but I'm happy at the gym so sure

Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it?
Yes, absolutely. Its hard, but the fact that I can climb 5 flights of stairs without wheezing is totally worth it.

Are you happier now?
Much, even tho I really need to stop basing my happiness on my weight. I do know how much it affects all aspects of your life. Health, looks, basic daily tasks, clothing...my weight is no longer my crutch, but my responsibility.

Were you unhappy before?
Extremely so. I hated my clothes, my hair, everything about myself. My weight had gotten so out of control I'd lost most of my friends. I had an abusive boyfriend who told me he was the only person who could love me, and I believed it because of my weight. There's no coincidence as I got rid of the weight, I got rid of him!

How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight?
I was up and down on my weight my whole life. I floated in the "overweight" range, around 145-160 for years, up and down. Sometimes I'd get down to the 130s, sometimes back up. I'd dieted and gotten to 128 but BALLOONED to 198 in a mere 5 months. I weighed 198 lbs in my final 3 years of university. The "best" years of your life, I choose to pretend never existed.

What made you decide to lose weight?
I tried out for the softball team my final year of university. I'd always played through highschool, and, not to be conceited, was an extremely good player. The 2nd day of trials, the coach cut me, telling me that I couldn't run the bases fast enough.

Around the same time I wanted to get a pt job. I was short on cash and had to walk from the job interview. The chaffing on my thighs was so out of control on the walk home I casued a hole in my only pair of dress pants that fit. When I got home and realized that the only pair of pants that fit me...were a pair of Wal-mart size 18 sweat pants I cried and cried and cried. That same day Oprah was raving about Jenny Craig.

The Jenny Craig program changed my life.
Bex1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #42  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

1. How much weight have you lost? 111lbs to date - 39lbs to goal.
  2. Did people notice? Oh yes.
  3. Has your confidence changed? Yes, but I'm not sure for the better. I've always been extremely confident; however, losing 111lbs has caused me to not really "identify" with the body I have now. Before I didn't care - now I do. That's a game changer.
  4. Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? I've always been super flexible. It's never been challenging for me.
  5. Does your ring size get smaller? Oh yes! My engagement ring and wedding ring are two different sizes. I'll need to get resized at goal again.
  6. How different is your life? I wrote about this here
  7. Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? Just the band. 40F to 36F. GO AWAY BOOBS!
  8. Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? Yes, I do and yes, I do.
  9. Do you look thinner to yourself? I didn't for a very long time. So, my husband started taking pictures of me at various weights in the same outfit/poses to prove to me. That worked.
  10. Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Yes, I can see it now.
  11. Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? People are just generally proud of me and what to know how I did it.
  12. How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? I had a ton of confidence then and have always found myself attractive (I never really suffered from the "fat and ugly" syndrome.)
  13. How many does it take now? Definitely more. lol
  14. Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Yes, thighs.
  15. Do you chafe now? Sometimes during athletic events.
  16. Are jeans more comfortable? Yep.
  17. Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? Oh God no. lol
  18. Can you now? Yes.
  19. Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? YES
  20. Does it now? He|| no. I do triathlons now.
  21. Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? 100% yes
  22. Are you happier now? I'm different now. I'm still learning and changing and growing.
  23. Were you unhappy before? No.
  24. How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? Early teens
  25. What made you decide to lose weight? My future and I want to have kids.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #43  

I just read almost all of these responses, even the older ones. So inspiring, loved all of them.

1.How much weight have you lost? 114lbs to date - 39lbs to estimated goal of 175
2.Did people notice? Yes, to the point that I don't want anyone's attention
3.Has your confidence changed? It has changed for the better in public but sometimes for the worse at home in front of the mirror.
4.Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? Definitely easier, I can balance and reach places better
5.Does your ring size get smaller? Just got my rings back yesterday from the jeweler. Wanted to wait til 199 but missed them so much. Decided to get them resized after losing 100lbs.
6.How different is your life? I believe in miracles now, that's what it took to lose this weight
7.Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? Went from 42D to 38C so far. I feel flat and deflated now but the big ones weren't anything to look at either.
8.Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? Not yet since I started my new plan. I want to control every ingredient that goes in this "new" body. And...I don't want to be tempted by anything not on plan for me. 1 french fry will lead to a face full, I just know it.
9.Do you look thinner to yourself? No, to me I still look the same. But this was the problem when I gained too. I never saw the gain and now I don't see the loss.
10.Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Only in my clothes sizes
11.Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? Strangers are much nicer to me now. I think strangers thought they'd catch my heaviness if they were nice to me. Family hasn't said much, I assume they think I will gain it all back again like I always do. Husband has been amazingly supportive as usual!
12.How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? None, I literally hid from any camera or person. Cameras cause me extreme anxiety plus all the "young" people in my family post every &*%$ picture on Facebook. I don't do Facebook and everyone who knows me knows better not to ever post me.
13.How many does it take now? Still won't take any
14.Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Yes, thighs from tights or nylons. Lucky I never caused a fire with the friction.
15.Do you chafe now? No
16.Are jeans more comfortable? Yes!
17.Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? No way
18.Can you now? Yes but still get numb once in a while. My body doesn't understand what I am doing!
19.Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? YES
20.Does it now? Haven't tried
21.Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? YES!
22.Are you happier now? I'm not sure happier is the word. Maybe proud is the word.
23.Were you unhappy before? I think I was more hopeless than unhappy.
24.How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? A good solid 5 years but the last 2 years I easily gained 75lbs very quickly.
25.What made you decide to lose weight? Cancer diagnosis while trying to get pregnant with my first baby. Excess weight contributed to the cancer. Hello wakeup call!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

How much weight have you lost? 92lbs so far
Did people notice? Yep!
Has your confidence changed? Yes, I feel much better about myself.
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? I don't remember having problems with this at my highest weight. Shaving my armpits has got harder now though, they are too concave!
Does your ring size get smaller? I don't wear any rings and didn't before either. But I guess it must have.
How different is your life? Kinda different, I feel more confident and I guess this has made me more outgoing and open with people.
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? They have shrunk massively and tbh are kinda shrivelled! I've gone from an F cup to a D so far.
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? I have always loved dining out. I always make way healthier choices. Sometimes I treat myself and eat something a little more calorific, but generally I choose a healthier option than I used to.
Do you look thinner to yourself? Yes, definitely. I can see my collar bones, hip bones etc. I love it.
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Mostly through comparing photos.
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? I'm not sure really, I don't think so. But maybe. Although I would put this down to the fact that I am more confident as a person and probably more approachable etc.
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? Haha, there weren't any!
How many does it take now? Most pics are OK now - even my worst pics are WAY better than my very best before pics.
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where?Thighs used to. Not anymore!
Do you chafe now?Nope.
Are jeans more comfortable? I haven't noticed, but maybe.
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? I couldn't.
Can you now?**** yes I can now
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? Definitely, too much boob to jiggle and gut to wobble.
Does it now?I don't jog, but I don't think so - as long as my sports bra was sturdy enough!
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? 100% worth it. I wish I'd done it sooner.
Are you happier now? Yes
Were you unhappy before? In general, no. But appearance wise, I was unhappy with things for years.
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? I was overweight since around the age of 11 - this is the smallest I have ever been!
What made you decide to lose weight? I saw a holiday photo and decided enough was enough!
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 170/140/120

Height: 5'7"

How much weight have you lost? Almost 35 lbs.
Did people notice? They used to but as i'm getting smaller, the comments have slowed down, well besides family.
Has your confidence changed? Maybe a little, i've always had low self esteem/confidence
Was shaving your legs/thighs/etc. harder before? Has it gotten easier? Haha yes! Much easier!
Does your ring size get smaller? Yes and i already have tiny hands so this is actually unwanted lol!
How different is your life? I focus way more on clean eating and fitness, before i didn't pay much attention at all. In fact, i think thats why i gained weight without noticing!*
Did your boobs get smaller, and by how much? YES. From a 36D to a 34B*
Do you go out to eat? If so, do you eat differently than you would've before? I still eat out but i try and make healthier choices and practice portion control, although i do cheat occasionally
Do you look thinner to yourself? When i see pictures, yes and sometimes in person. I'm 5'7" and went from 170 to into the 130's so you would think but i've lost it slowly so i guess my mind just tricks me lol.
Did you notice the progress as it was happening? Well, when my clothes started to get loose yes.
Do people act differently towards you? Strangers, friends, family? I've been accused of starving myself multiple times which is so frustrating because i have worked so hard to lose weight the healthy way, but other than that not really...
How many pictures did it take to get a "good" picture before? I NEVER took a good picture lol!
How many does it take now? Depends, i have good and bad days lol.
Did you chafe before? Anywhere, and if so, where? Yes :/ thighs!
Do you chafe now? Nope!
Are jeans more comfortable? Somewhat, i'm pear shaped so thats still my problem area.*
Could you comfortably sit with one leg crossed over the other? Yes, i guess i was never that big to begin with though.
Can you now? Yes.*
Would jogging around the block have embarrassed you before? No, i never felt as big as i was. The weight kinda snuck up on me!
Does it now? Nope
Do you feel the work it took to get there was worth it? It's been very hard and frustrating but i am SO happy i've stuck with it!
Are you happier now? Yes!!
Were you unhappy before? Unfortunately, yes. When i realized how much weight i had gained, it made me hate myself :/*
How long were you overweight before deciding to lose weight? I would say i wasn't really overweight but uncomfortable for probably a year and overweight for half a year.
Savannahjade93 is offline   Reply With Quote